No more daily downtime

No more daily downtime

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Site Admin

Wimbledon

Moves
28 Aug 05
1 edit

As from today, there will no longer be a regular downtime each day for server maintenance.

Although it may still be necessary from time to time to bring the server down for maintenance it will no longer be on a daily basis.

Thanks to the support of our subscribers we have been able to invest in new hardware which will allow us to keep the main database running 24/7 without the need to bring it down for daily maintenance and backups.

This is another milestone in the evolution of RHP. Even just 12 months ago we would not have been able even to consider this upgrade.

We very much hope that this alleviates much of the inconvenience felt by those in timezones which unfortunately coincide with the previous backup hours (6am GMT).

-Chris

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
28 Aug 05

This is awesome, thanks for the hard work in making this happen.

p

Orlando, Florida

Moves
28 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Chrismo
As from today, there will no longer be a regular downtime each day for server maintenance.

Although it may still be necessary from time to time to bring the server down for maintenance it will no longer be on a daily basis.

Thanks to the support of our subscribers we have been able to invest in new hardware which will allow us to keep the main database ...[text shortened]... se in timezones which unfortunately coincide with the previous backup hours (6am GMT).

-Chris
A perfect example of why people who can afford it should subscribe. Thanks!

Quantum Theorist

Cuckoo land

Moves
28 Aug 05

Originally posted by Chrismo

Thanks to the support of our subscribers we have been able to invest in new hardware which will allow us to keep the main database ...[text shortened]... se in timezones which unfortunately coincide with the previous backup hours (6am GMT).

-Chris
That rings my bell.
I think for non subscribers though, you should still block them for about 45 mins each day. Then they might subscribe and become at one with the RHP family

surf bum

in the tube

Moves
28 Aug 05

well done! good to see re-investement happening. the downtime did often coincide with my playtime, so i'm happy🙂

s
Geek

Behind you...

Moves
28 Aug 05

Very wonderful upgrade. Well the hell done.

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
28 Aug 05

well done chris and russ. thanks very much. Not that it ever affected me 😉

K
Strawman

Not Kansas

Moves
28 Aug 05

Excellent. Now I have no excuse to ever go to bed.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
28 Aug 05

Originally posted by KneverKnight
Excellent. Now I have no excuse to ever go to bed.
indeed. the server went down at around midnight for me and with nothing to do, usually retired for the evening. dont know how ill get myself away from the coffee and computer now.

D

Brisbane, Australia

Moves
30 Aug 05

YAYYY!!!!

p

Moves
31 Aug 05

this is really nice. keep it up...

k

Moves
31 Aug 05

This really improves the quality playing on RHP. It often affected my playing time in the weekends. Keep up the good work

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
01 Sep 05

Well done there are quite a few of us who try to get those last moves in before the time expired, now we can keep it going throughout the night.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
01 Sep 05

OOH! No more 4pm lull!

From someone in a part of the world that's out of synch with most of you.