New My Games page

New My Games page

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Nov 05
1 edit

A significant rewrite of the 'my games' page has now been made live to all.

This resulted in a short outage as games were migrated between the old system and the new one supporting folders.

This release has enabled a few features which have always been absent for technical reasons, such as opponent name search and column ordering right from the 'my games' page.

This is a first revision, with further incremental enhancements to come in the future

Anyone requiring help with the new features should consult the help forum. A dedicated thread has been created to field questions.

Thanks to the beta team for testing this in the live environment before release . (XanthosNZ, pendejo, Chakan, thire, Otis, Wildfire, Coconut, Freddie2004, KJCavalier, c99ux & MRoberts )

-Russ

E
Panda

Moves
16 Nov 05

Bless you, Russ, for some long-awaited features. Whee!

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by Russ
A significant rewrite of the 'my games' page has now been made live to all.

This resulted in a short outage as games were migrated between the old system and the new one supporting folders.

This release has enabled a few features which have always been absent for technical reasons, such as opponent name search and column ordering right from the 'my gam ...[text shortened]... o, Chakan, thire, Otis, Wildfire, Coconut, Freddie2004, KJCavalier, c99ux & MRoberts )

-Russ
Well worth it Russ.

L

Turin, Italy

Moves
16 Nov 05

Nice! Thank you. :-)

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
16 Nov 05

This is a great improvement.

It would be useful if we could do a search on a set of games and then manage just those games.

For example, I might want to find all my games against playerA, and then move these games to a particular folder.

It doesn't look like we can do this.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
16 Nov 05

Yes, or arrange to play first all games in a certain tournament, then in certain challenges and after that one games of another defined tournament should come by on the screen. And after the 'priority games' you get the rest in order of the last move, as it is now.

h

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by Redmike
This is a great improvement.

It would be useful if we could do a search on a set of games and then manage just those games.

For example, I might want to find all my games against playerA, and then move these games to a particular folder.

It doesn't look like we can do this.
You can, go manage games and click search for game in the bar on the left.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
16 Nov 05

It seems to load faster than previous MyGames page. Everyone else having 100+ games in the inbox noticing this?

in complete

Moves
16 Nov 05

If you sort your current games into seperate folders (e.g. clan games, tournament games, etc.) and you see you have a couple of games waiting, if you then goto My Games is there any way at a glance you can see which folder(s) the games awaiting a move are in?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by kody magic
If you sort your current games into seperate folders (e.g. clan games, tournament games, etc.) and you see you have a couple of games waiting, if you then goto My Games is there any way at a glance you can see which folder(s) the games awaiting a move are in?
I think the sub folders are best used for archiving your finished games.

You can just use the filters to manage your active games. I think it makes a bit more sense.

D

R
Godless Commie

Glasgow

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by hopscotch
You can, go manage games and click search for game in the bar on the left.
OK - I was trying to do it the other way round - search and then manage.
Thanks.

Force of Nature

The Bathroom

Moves
16 Nov 05

Another positive step forward for RHP. Good job, Russ.

Muncie, IN

Moves
16 Nov 05

I have to say that I like the features, but it seems very odd to label the page of current games "Inbox". Woulcn't "Current" or some variant of that be more logical?

Personally, I also found it suboptimal to have the box with the navigation and search to the left of essentially the same table we had before. I would prefer it above or below. As it is, it causes the page to get much wider so I will have to scroll left and right more. That's more an esthetic (or aesthetic if you prefer that spelling) judgement. I like the functionality a lot.

Paul

l

London

Moves
16 Nov 05

Thanks Russ. In particular, I like the fact that we can now organise games in folders.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
16 Nov 05

Originally posted by prn
I have to say that I like the features, but it seems very odd to label the page of current games "Inbox". Woulcn't "Current" or some variant of that be more logical?

Personally, I also found it suboptimal to have the box with the navigation and search to the left of essentially the same table we had before. I would prefer it above or below. As it is, it ...[text shortened]... ic (or aesthetic if you prefer that spelling) judgement. I like the functionality a lot.

Paul
I agree, i just opened this thread to post this idea. Perhaps if the options on the left could be 'minimised' to allow the rest of the page to appear as normal. It isn't necessary to have the folder management window open all the time.