1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 17:04
    @caesar-salad said
    There should also be a formal mechanism for reporting controversial or offensive avatars. 😉

(anything related to football teams excluded, of course)
    There's a "Send Feedback" at the bottom of every page in the Forums.
  2. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 17:08
    @no1marauder said
    There's a "Send Feedback" at the bottom of every page in the Forums.
    I would think that's for feedback regarding the functionality of the website itself, not about the choices of particular members.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 17:32
    @caesar-salad said
    I would think that's for feedback regarding the functionality of the website itself, not about the choices of particular members.
    You'd be wrong as the list under "Category" in "Send Feedback" makes clear.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 20:051 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    At least until recently, inserting the "F" word into a post would obliterate it completely, leaving not even a grayed-out "This post has been removed etc. etc." message -- which I always felt was unnecessary. The "remove" button, or however it's labeled (can't see it at the moment) leaves an eternal gravesite in the thread.

And..."idiot"...?

Man, if I ever thought you were intelligent or one of the "good guys," that's out the window now.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 20:35
    @soothfast said
    At least until recently, inserting the "F" word into a post would obliterate it completely, leaving not even a grayed-out "This post has been removed etc. etc." message -- which I always felt was unnecessary. The "remove" button, or however it's labeled (can't see it at the moment) leaves an eternal gravesite in the thread.

And..."idiot"...?

Man, if I ever thought you were intelligent or one of the "good guys," that's out the window now.
    It messed up the thread though, remember clicking on the last page and it would jump a few pages back?
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 22:00
    @trev33 said
    It messed up the thread though, remember clicking on the last page and it would jump a few pages back?
    I've done it many times, and had never observed that it "messed up" a thread. Anyway, how would you know whether a post had been wiped from a thread in such a manner? You could sleep through any number of such deletions and never be the wiser.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 22:26
    @soothfast said
    I've done it many times, and had never observed that it "messed up" a thread. Anyway, how would you know whether a post had been wiped from a thread in such a manner? You could sleep through any number of such deletions and never be the wiser.
    There's a thread in site ideas about it, by messed up the thread, of course I mean it was a general annoyance having to navigate to the correct page. Obviously not the biggest issue but still one that needed addressing, a few things like that have changed with time. Remember when a swear would bump the thread to the top of the list showing the previous poster?
  8. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    04 Jul '20 22:37
    @kewpie said
    I've found robomod quite useful when I've posted something inflammatory and then had second thoughts. I can edit my post by adding a 4-letter word and robomod obligingly removes any sign of my post. I get a robomod reprimand of course, but that's just between me and robomod.
    Well, Ok, Kewpie. That is so impersonal

If it will make you feel better, I, a human, will give you a severe tongue lashing!

😆
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Jul '20 21:13
    Is everyone carb-loading their alerting fingers tonight?
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    28 Jul '20 17:46
    I think it would be good if the first alert would lock a post to prevent further editing, e.g., by a certain "member" who seems to enjoy some kind of special, protected status here.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 Aug '20 17:23
    @caesar-salad said
    I think it would be good if the first alert would lock a post to prevent further editing, e.g., by a certain "member" who seems to enjoy some kind of special, protected status here.
    For a specific instance, in this post

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/the-thumbing-hymn.186363/page-3#post_4247133

@divegeester originally wrote: "Pull your pants up. I'm not interested."

And this is someone who is in the RHP Beta Testers Club?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '20 22:15
    @caesar-salad said
    For a specific instance, in this post

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/the-thumbing-hymn.186363/page-3#post_4247133

@divegeester originally wrote: "Pull your pants up. I'm not interested."

And this is someone who is in the RHP Beta Testers Club?
    Leave Russ an apple on his desk on your way out.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '20 07:15
    @divegeester said
    Leave Russ an apple on his desk on your way out.
    What kind of apple?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Sep '20 13:57
    @caesar-salad said
    For example c-s some posters could find your avatar being a black circle anti-black, others could see it as pro-black, no one would know but you! 😉

-VR
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Sep '20 15:021 edit
    @trev33 said
    What kind of apple?
    A Mac Pro please.

https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/

(Thanks. I look forward to taking delivery.😉 )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree