Full outage post-mortem tomorrow

Full outage post-mortem tomorrow

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Feb 08
1 edit

But for now, I just wanted to say :

-Timebanks have been compensated. Anyone who was to move when we went down has been awarded an extra 2 days timebank time.
-Timeouts will remain off for a period until we are happy all is well.
-There are outstanding issues that people have which were caused by our database during its dying breath on the 20th. (It feels like a week ago to me) These will be dealt with shortly.

We still have a new server to bring online, but we can do this with very little disruption. The worst is over with.

For now though, thanks to everyone for being REALLY patient, and to Chris for doing loads of work at interesting hours.

I'm off to rediscover my bed (and my wife).

Thanks all!

-Russ

PS So the 7th anniversary of RedHotPawn was yesterday. The site missed its own birthday. :'(

k

Moves
22 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ

-Timebanks have been compensated. Anyone who was to move when we went down has been awarded an extra 2 days timebank time.
-There are outstanding issues that people have which were caused by our database during its dying breath on the 20th. (It feel
PS So the 7th anniversary of RedHotPawn was yesterday. The site missed its own birthday. 😉
Oh my dear God!! We are back. 😵😵😵

I tried to play chess in other websites, they suck. This is probably the very best correspondence chess website.

I love RHP and I appreciate the service right now much more.

Thank you Russ and Chris (and others if anybody else) for all your hard work. I really appreciate to have access to a top notch website.

The site seems to run really smooth currently. Excellent work!

***Happy birthday RHP and may you live for millenia!!!***

Moves
22 Feb 08
1 edit

Thanks for all the hard work! You guys rock! Happy Birthday RHP!

edit: forgot to mention that the site is FAST AS HELL right now

Canada

Moves
22 Feb 08

Thanks for all the great work! It was a long outage, but I am very much happy that it is over. Thanks again Guys!

m
Moo

UK

Moves
22 Feb 08

Hello

Good work chaps!

I am not sure if I should have, but I can see a skull available to click on one of my games.

I won't be clicking on it, but not sure if it should be there, as you say timeouts are suspended.. (It could be because it is an old timeout).

a

Moves
22 Feb 08

cheers

S
Evil Conservative

Moves
22 Feb 08

Originally posted by Russ

-There are outstanding issues that people have which were caused by our database during its dying breath on the 20th. (It feel ...[text shortened]...
PS So the 7th anniversary of RedHotPawn was yesterday. The site missed its own birthday. 😉
Thanks for all you hard work! Working in IT I understand things happen and all plans never go exactly as you hope for. Thanks again!

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
22 Feb 08

Nice job guys. Say hi to your families for us and go take a nap.

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
22 Feb 08

Thanks for all the hard work

p

Top of the world

Moves
22 Feb 08

I'm so glad your back...my withdrawal pains from not playing chess were driving me nuts...🙄

d

Vancouver, Canada

Moves
22 Feb 08

Welcome back, and happy birthday!

Hope you're enjoying some much needed rest. Thanks for your work.

G
Neochristian Patzer

Pennsylvania, USA

Moves
22 Feb 08

Welcome back, RHP! May you not have to go through THAT again...

8o

c

Moves
22 Feb 08

well done chaps

MMM

Moves
22 Feb 08

Thanks Russ/Chris for all your efforts

t
Undutchable

was here

Moves
22 Feb 08

A Birthday! That explains a lot.. no-one wants to work on their birthday, not even if they're a chess site.

I am so glad you are back!