Extra player stats

Extra player stats

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
27 Jun 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
And what exactly is the subject matter of [b]Enlish ????
Don't pin your hopes on a typo Mac - William Wallace did and they strung him out. That's what goes with hairy men who wear tartan skirts.

skeeter

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Jun 09
1 edit

Originally posted by skeeter
Websters "New World" edition is not the authority. Websters "New International" ( Third edition ) is, and "colour" just gets the byline that I posted above.

End of story.

You want to argue semantics then I'll show you my Ph.D ( Enlish Lit.) if you show me yours. Ok ??

Otherwise, pull your head in.

skeeter
It can't be to bad to go by, it had both ways to spell color in it.

I am not going to go looking for you, I will stick with my Webster's New World Dictionary anyways.

Perhaps, a chess site isn't the place for you to be throwing around your PH.D's, most could care less about them. I don't!

EDIT: For the LULZ 😛

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
28 Jun 09

Originally posted by Very Rusty
It can't be to bad to go by, it had both ways to spell color in it.

I am not going to go looking for you, I will stick with my Webster's New World Dictionary anyways.

Perhaps, a chess site isn't the place for you to be throwing around your PH.D's, most could care less about them. I don't!

EDIT: For the LULZ 😛
Fair enough. No hard feelings.

skeeter

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Jun 09

Fair enough. No hard feelings.

skeeter
LOL...I was joking about your PH.D good for you!!

I couldn't resist tugging on your chains just a little.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
28 Jun 09

LOL...I was joking about your PH.D good for you!!

I couldn't resist tugging on your chains just a little.
S'ok, but you'll not get the rises that I usually post. Can't afford to now. It's no fun being suspended and, suprisingly it's not that hard to behave. Red and I had a lot of fun with that 'idiotalterego' but Flash sorted him out. Some parts were funny but the profanity was OTT.

Admin will need to sort the 'work around' regarding the filters otherwise someone else will try it.

skeeter

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Jun 09

S'ok, but you'll not get the rises that I usually post. Can't afford to now. It's no fun being suspended and, suprisingly it's not that hard to behave. Red and I had a lot of fun with that 'idiotalterego' but Flash sorted him out. Some parts were funny but the profanity was OTT.

Admin will need to sort the 'work around' regarding the filters otherwise someone else will try it.

skeeter
I am sure there are many here who could and don't. It would be a pain in the butt though if others come in and continue to do that.

That may have been someone who was a member here with an axe to grind, we never know, or a member doing it just because they can.

I am sure Admins will see what they can do regarding the filters. Reminds me of the hackers who use to hit the Chat rooms.

i

Moves
28 Jun 09

In all honesty, posts about spelling aren't relevant here.

I agree with trumbull2400, stats will only become meaningful when they read:

With the white pieces [xx% wins, yy% draws, zz% losses]
With the black pieces [aa% wins, bb% draws, cc% losses]

and any incorporation of average rating of opponents whether it be a standard mean

With the white pieces [xx% wins mean opponent rating 1200, yy% draws mean opponent rating 1200, zz% losses mean opponent rating 1200]

or % difference between player and opponent would also be very useful

With the white pieces [xx% wins mean opponent rating -20%, yy% draws mean opponent rating +10%, zz% losses mean opponent rating +30%]

Moves
28 Jun 09

Thank you for your support!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jul 09
1 edit

Russ...How would games that were won by time out drop from 810 to 744 ??

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 Jul 09

Russ...How would games that were won by time out drop from 810 to 744 ??
Sorry, should have posted.

The stats now ignore all games which started as rated, but ended unrated due to the lack of moves.

This text was added to the notes :

"Games completed in less than 3 moves are not rated and therefore excluded from these stats. "

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ

The stats now ignore all games which started as rated, but ended unrated due to the lack of moves.

"Games completed in less than 3 moves are not rated and therefore excluded from these stats. "
Thank You, It also makes good logic, even to me. 😉

I like the new stats. 🙂 Not looking for brownie points this time!

j

Moves
01 Jul 09

What does opponents' average rating relate to? Current ratings, ratings at the time a game was completed, or something else?

c

100$ de l'heure.

Moves
02 Jul 09

I have that stat calculated for every player right now, but chose not to show it. If everyone really wants it, I can add it very quickly.
Would be nice!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
02 Jul 09

Originally posted by jayaitch
What does opponents' average rating relate to? Current ratings, ratings at the time a game was completed, or something else?
Russ has commented on another thread that i is your opponents rating at the time the game completes but before the adjusment is made for the game result.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
04 Jul 09

If these games are tournament games, Or Clan Challenges shouldn't they count as rated regardless of amount of moves?