Clan forums

Clan forums

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
18 Aug 05

Originally posted by DeepThought
So this means that to all intents and purposes the Clan leader is the moderator?
One has now been set up for the Mustangs. Was this the reason the forums were offline for a while the other day?
The forums were offline for an hour or so whilst I upgraded the forum code. So yes, it was one of the reasons. But it took longer than expected, because my wife phoned in the middle of the upgrade process...

-Russ

C

Earth Prime

Moves
18 Aug 05

Originally posted by marinakatomb
Would it be possible to make our clan forums appear in the list of forums at the top of the page?? I have a feeling they may go unused as they're tucked away out of sight...
Agreed. We need a more accesible link than going to clans, my clans, *click the clan*, view private forum.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
18 Aug 05

Originally posted by Coconut
Agreed. We need a more accesible link than going to clans, my clans, *click the clan*, view private forum.
Bookmark it. I did. Now it's just a click away.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Bookmark it. I did. Now it's just a click away.
The main concern was less smart people NOT doing that, and never visiting the forum because of the many clicks.

b
Cheesy

Home

Moves
19 Aug 05

thank you Russ! 😀

West Virginia

Moves
19 Aug 05

The main concern was less smart people NOT doing that, and never visiting the forum because of the many clicks.
What about something on the player's homepage at RHP, where the games/messages/stats are displayed. A section there for Clan Forums for the Clans the player is in would be nice. Maybe Clan Forums (title) with clan symbol, clan name, leader, date of last post. Click on it and you're at your clan's forum ready to go.

This would make it alittle more visible, and since there is much player only info on the page already, and it being the first page seen after logging in helps too.

C

Earth Prime

Moves
19 Aug 05

Originally posted by Drax946

it being the first page seen after logging in helps too.
not to knock the idea, since you agree with me, but I never log in.

West Virginia

Moves
19 Aug 05

not to knock the idea, since you agree with me, but I never log in.
Thanks.

I login and out every visit, so I guess the thing would be do others stay logged in for the most part, or do they login and out. You're right about not being an advantage if you stay logged in, unless you frequent the "My Home" page or have it bookmarked.

More visibility would be nice for the new clan forums, but how to do it is an interesting question.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
21 Aug 05

Originally posted by Drax946
Thanks.

I login and out every visit, so I guess the thing would be do others stay logged in for the most part, or do they login and out. You're right about not being an advantage if you stay logged in, unless you frequent the "My Home" page or have it bookmarked.

More visibility would be nice for the new clan forums, but how to do it is an interesting question.
I have considered loading the players 'home' page with additional forum information, but, as pointed out, not everyone logs out. Even so, I think it is still a good idea.

-Russ

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
22 Aug 05

Very neat, very neat indeed!

I have absolutely no idea what I might do with this new forum I've just created, but it's nice to have it!

I suppose it will come in handy when I want clan members to respond to something AND see each other's responses. PMs get a bit tricky for that.

Russ, you continue to be a truly wonderful site admin.