Chess Ladders accepting entrants

Chess Ladders accepting entrants

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Nov 09
3 edits

A new chess ladder feature will be launching next week.

Once this feature launches, all new ladder players must start from the very bottom, but you may enter now to be positioned using your current rating.

To access : "Community" Menu >> "Ladders" Option

The current ladder positions are provisional and will be re-calculated using each player’s ratings when the ladder launches.

edit : Direct link added

Ladders

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
07 Nov 09

Originally posted by Russ
A new chess ladder feature will be launching next week.

Once this feature launches, all new ladder players must start from the very bottom, but you may enter now to be positioned using your current rating.

To access : "Community" Menu >> "Ladders" Option

The current ladder positions are provisional and will be re-calculated using each player’s ratings when the ladder launches.
Is there a discussion about this somewhere, cos I haven't a clue what you're saying.

If I sign up, will I be given more games, or is it merely a new (additional? ) ranking system?

D

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Nov 09
4 edits

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Is there a discussion about this somewhere, cos I haven't a clue what you're saying.

If I sign up, will I be given more games, or is it merely a new (additional? ) ranking system?

D
It is a new game type - a ladder game.

I uploaded some help today so if this is deficient in anyway, please let me know.

Ladders help

(Read the "ladders in brief" on the ladders page too)

Ladders

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
07 Nov 09

I uploaded some help today so if this is deficient in anyway, please let me know.

[=/help/index.php?help=ladders]Ladders help[/]
Looking pretty tight.

Just wondering how long we are supposed to wait?

"You cannot challenge a player on vacation or a player that has recently defeated you. You must wait before another challenge can be issued."

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Nov 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
Looking pretty tight.

Just wondering how long we are supposed to wait?

"You cannot challenge a player on vacation or a player that has recently defeated you. You must wait before another challenge can be issued."
14 days.

F

Moves
07 Nov 09
1 edit

[=/help/index.php?help=ladders]Ladders help[/]
Great, Russ, I like the FAQ very much!

Is there a way to bring anyone to this ladder FAQ by [ faq ]ladders[ /faq ] if somone asks a question and the information already is there?

M

Moves
07 Nov 09

I could not find the answer anywhere: is there any timebanks? or only timeouts? is it 1/0, 3/0, 7/0, 14/0, 21/0?

Thanks!

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
07 Nov 09

Originally posted by Macpo
I could not find the answer anywhere: is there any timebanks? or only timeouts? is it 1/0, 3/0, 7/0, 14/0, 21/0?

Thanks!
http://www.redhotpawn.com/ladder/

The top left table doesnt only show the normal timeout with a clickable link, but next to that theres a column with the timebanks.

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
08 Nov 09

Originally posted by zozozozo
http://www.redhotpawn.com/ladder/

The top left table doesnt only show the normal timeout with a clickable link, but next to that theres a column with the timebanks.
ooow tnx i was actualy wondering that my self

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 Nov 09

I'll add this info the ladder view itself.

o
Art is hard

Moves
08 Nov 09

great adition, thanks russ 😀

o
Art is hard

Moves
08 Nov 09
1 edit

what happens if your subscription expires?

p

Moves
08 Nov 09

what happens if :

1. you join the ladder now
2. sometime later you choose not to play in the ladder anymore so you eventually drop out of the ladder

CAN YOU:
3. join that same ladder again at a later date but start at the bottom of course?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
08 Nov 09

Originally posted by pijun
what happens if :

1. you join the ladder now
2. sometime later you choose not to play in the ladder anymore so you eventually drop out of the ladder

CAN YOU:
3. join that same ladder again at a later date but start at the bottom of course?
Yes. Just as you said.

Moves
08 Nov 09

I like the idea of the ladder and have entered a couple. I only heard about this new feature when I logged on today and read my messages. the message was sent yesterday. But I see from the lists that some players joined the ladders over a week ago 🙁 How come they heard of it before the rest of us ???
this seems a bit unfair.. or did I miss a previous announcement somewhere?