1. Joined
    13 Mar '04
    Moves
    02 Feb '05 09:35
    Is there anyway in which round 2 in tournaments can commence when it is clear who will qualify for second round even though there are still games outstanding in round 1 that have no bearing in who qualifies.

I like many others, have been waiting for round 2 to start in a number of banded tournaments where the qualifiers are already decided and yet round 2 is delayed while we wait for other games to complete 😴🙁:'(. I realise that for some it is a matter of honour, standing and ratings to complete their games, but can this not be done whilst round 2 commences??

Would appreciate comments and views...... 😀
  2. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    03 Feb '05 22:24
    Originally posted by Welshjumbo
    Is there anyway in which round 2 in tournaments can commence when it is clear who will qualify for second round even though there are still games outstanding in round 1 that have no bearing in who qualifies.

I like many others, have been waiting for round 2 to start in a number of banded tournaments where the qualifiers are already decided and yet rou ...[text shortened]... can this not be done whilst round 2 commences??

Would appreciate comments and views...... 😀
    Under the current system, there is NO way for this to happen.

It requires the admin to re-write code relating to tournaments. I think it is probably on his 'to do list' when it is time to overhaul the tournament code.

cheers
    trekkie

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree