1. Joined
    25 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 02:56
    Dear all,

Surprise !!! Heng here... anyways i have posted my apologies in my profile and i would do same here again to all affected ....I am sorry to have taken so much of ur time and affected ur enjoyment in playing chess....

when i started , i was quite free esp at nite and thus entered into lots of tournament,...naive as i am, the games kept snowballing and the tournaments i entered kept increasing..haha...

thus, i finally decided to put a stop and try to manage my games better...pls go ahead and claim timeout for those who can..it is my fault to kept u guys waiting so long....

i wud try to manage my games and still be active in RHP...to my clans, i promised to put first priority and not be timed out as im a very much team player...i wud not let the team be affected by my naivety...team above player!!

as for ppl here who have posted and supported me, THNKS a lot..nice knowing u guys and hope to keep in touch...

as for those offended and pissed off, im sorry again

btw, EPL has started and LIVERPOOL won their first match last nite!!!
    with that, i wud like conclude my first post here and thnx for everythng, sorry for anything..
  2. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 03:33
    Originally posted by heng
    Dear all,

Surprise !!! Heng here... anyways i have posted my apologies in my profile and i would do same here again to all affected ....I am sorry to have taken so much of ur time and affected ur enjoyment in playing chess....

when i started , i was quite free esp at nite and thus entered into lots of tournament,...naive as i am, the games kept snowball ...[text shortened]...
    with that, i wud like conclude my first post here and thnx for everythng, sorry for anything..
    Hey Heng,

If you receive any messages from any impatient jerks who criticize you for not moving when a timeout is unavailable, send me their names and I'll have a chat with them... 😉

No worries, especially if you're playing within the time limit. It's their fault for joining tournaments with the slower time controls, not yours for playing by the rules.

You're a good player, and keep it up!

-Witty
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 04:21
    i appreciate the apology. i sure was irritated to see the 1700 or so games (about 20 or ours) and the vacation flag up and the tournaments on hold waiting for a move from you.
  4. Standard memberNeal Pan
    cya 2008 in Beijing
    Beijing-->Toronto
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 04:27
    coz you haven't touch our game board for weeks, I checked your profile.
    I knew that there would be some problems with ur tournament games,
    coz I saw you had 1600+ games in progress...wow...then I just waited for your move..............................................................long waiting
    😴
    anyways, I claimed timeout since I had some material advantage in that position and more over you didn't lose even a single point in rating.
    I hope you won't mind it.
  5. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 04:45
    Also, Heng, I know your rating would skyrocket from fewer timed out games if you reduced your game load, but your game would improve, too... 😉

Game 3737784

9. Qxf7#
  6. Joined
    25 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 04:46
    Originally posted by Neal Pan
    coz you haven't touch our game board for weeks, I checked your profile.
    I knew that there would be some problems with ur tournament games,
    coz I saw you had 1600+ games in progress...wow...then I just waited for your move..............................................................long waiting
    😴
    anyways, I claimed timeout since I had some material adv ...[text shortened]... ition and more over you didn't lose even a single point in rating.
    I hope you won't mind it.
    dont worry bout timing me out neil and this goes out to the others too...
    I DESERVE IT!! haha..
    on a more serious note, i wud not be offended at all and wud surely look forward to playing u guys in near future once everything is under control..🙂
  7. Joined
    21 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 06:16
    I think people should just chill out a little. Firstly it's only a game and whilst I know that people want rating points, it's not so much of a life/death issue that it's worth getting angry about. Secondly Heng was always going to run out of vacation sometime - and you would be able to claim your points eventually. Thirdly he's playing within the rules (as a fellow poster said above). Fourthly just concentrate on your other games until Heng (or anyone else moves) - as a subscriber, you can play as many games as you want... 😉

Heng seems like a nice enough chap (despite supporting Liverpool F.C.) and probably just accepted all the challenges, tournaments & clan matches that were offered to him without thinking through the consequences.

For all those people who were angry at him, well - all those horrible things (err timeouts) you wanted to happen to him have now happened and he's going to drop to the lowest ranking possible I suspect.
  8. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 06:34
    I think he's dropped 100+ in under an hour... LOL

But he'll turn it around eventually... 😉
  9. Standard memberLekZ
    Why am I here?
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 09:26
    Originally posted by heng
    Dear all,

when i started , i was quite free esp at nite and thus entered into lots of tournament,...naive as i am, the games kept snowball ...[text shortened]...
    Hey heng,

Because everybody is entitled to their own opinion, I can't speak for everyone, but in my view, apologies are not necessary, all you did was within the rules.

However, I would like to see you play a lot less games, and see your true strength, in most of our games you maintained a pretty equal game until you made a mistake: Game 3765287. This being the case I suspect your 'true' rating to be close to mine.

When you have everything under control I would like to play you again and settle the matter properly!

Greetings,

LekZ
  10. Joined
    25 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 12:19
    Originally posted by LekZ
    Hey heng,

Because everybody is entitled to their own opinion, I can't speak for everyone, but in my view, apologies are not necessary, all you did was within the rules.

However, I would like to see you play a lot less games, and see your true strength, in most of our games you maintained a pretty equal game until you made a mistake: Game 3765287. Th ...[text shortened]... control I would like to play you again and settle the matter properly!

Greetings,

LekZ
    Thnx LekZ..it has been nice playing against u...and once i have the games under control again...we shall cross swords then..🙂

ppl like u in the website makes it pleasant and enjoyable..keep it up mate
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 12:38
    Originally posted by coquette
    sure was irritated to see the 1700 or so games (about 20 or ours) and the vacation flag up and the tournaments on hold waiting for a move from you.
    Why are you lying? There is only 1 tournament that heng and you were involved with that could be classed as him having held up and that's the Seven-0 one, and even then there are 23 games to be completed besides hengs. All the rest are waiting on other players, and Heng even has timebank remaining in most of them.
    http://www.timeforchess.com/core/viewpublicgames.php?p1name=heng&p2name=coquette&showgamescode=I&Search=Search

heng, no need to apologise. Its only a game, so just ignore the timeout merchants and the people who will lie just because they like the sound of their own voice.

D
  12. Joined
    25 Jan '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 13:56
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Why are you lying? There is only 1 tournament that heng and you were involved with that could be classed as him having held up and that's the Seven-0 one, and even then there are 23 games to be completed besides hengs. All the rest are waiting on other players, and Heng even has timebank remaining in most of them.
    http://www.timeforchess.com/core/viewpub ...[text shortened]... merchants and the people who will lie just because they like the sound of their own voice.

D
    thnx for the support Ragnorak but it is ok...let us make friends instead of enemies...🙂
    u are a nice chap ...god bless
  13. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '07 19:59
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    http://www.timeforchess.com/core/viewpub ...[text shortened]... merchants and the people who will lie just because they like the sound of their own voice.

D
    lying is a very strong word . . . i was just responding to heng's posting ...
  14. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 09:47
    I've no problems with Heng. Frustrating maybe but he was playing within the rules and it was only a matter of time before all the time banks and vacation ran out.

It was interesting to see how far he could get before his game load imploded and even now how well he can cope as it decreases and where will his rating bottom out (has it done so already?)

I have claimed 2 time out wins but both were win anyway and he played reasonably well considering. I agree with Letz that with a smaller game load he should be able to maintain a 2000 + rating as his play generally seems solid and the blunders are the sort we all make in time trouble.
  15. Canada
    Moves
    13 Aug '07 17:12
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I've no problems with Heng. Frustrating maybe but he was playing within the rules and it was only a matter of time before all the time banks and vacation ran out.

It was interesting to see how far he could get before his game load imploded and even now how well he can cope as it decreases and where will his rating bottom out (has it done so already?) ...[text shortened]... ng as his play generally seems solid and the blunders are the sort we all make in time trouble.
    2000 + rating??? hmmm... I think you are way to kind my friend, with Hengs game load, he was only moving in certain games, while bout 1500 sat on the shelf and were still 5 moves or less, as my own two with him were, while almost the rest of the tourney is pretty much complete...so if he was focusing on 100 games, i think his play should have been very strong in those games, which is not proven in most of his games...i think he is a strong 1650 player, who should not take on 1500 plus games, and with some dedication and effort could be a consistent 1750 rated player.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree