Sound on Toshiba T.V. Gone

Sound on Toshiba T.V. Gone

Technology

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
135d

The Sound on my Toshiba T.V. went. Picture works fine all channels work great nice and clear, just no sound. I heard a loud crackling noise when I shifted channels.
My Question is: Should I get a tech to look at it, or should I just buy a new T.V.???

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
134d

Subtitles?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
134d
3 edits

@very-rusty said
The Sound on my Toshiba T.V. went. Picture works fine all channels work great nice and clear, just no sound. I heard a loud crackling noise when I shifted channels.
My Question is: Should I get a tech to look at it, or should I just buy a new T.V.???
Do you have a DVD player hooked up?

See if you have sound when playing a DVD.

Or any alternate source, like a computer. Most video cards can do sound as well as video through an HDMI cable.

Moves
134d

@very-rusty said
What model and what year? Anything physical gets old and worn out. Perhaps it's time to get a new one. With the old tube TVs, it was recommended to first give it a couple of solid thumps on the top and sides, before calling a repairman. Perhaps it will work with these digital units too. But not solid thumps, just be gentle and slap it twice on the sides.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
119d

How about an update, VR?