You be the Commentator...

You be the Commentator...

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
24 Nov 09

Originally posted by uzless
Okay, i found a clip that will do. All you have to do is tell us WHY this goal was scored.

Let's hear some non-players first that have only watched the game on tv. The idea is to show that non-players don't understand the game as well as ex-players and non-players can't give you the kind of insight that ex-players can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh7WQALmQdE&feature=related
Is that the Canadian version of 'Dancing on Ice'?

M

Moves
25 Nov 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
You're almost there. If uzless could tell you what happened in clear terms, then his premise would crumble. You would learn and understand what happened, despite never having played!

So the corollary is obvious. uzless cannot reveal his game or he'll lose. So he won't.
uzless will have to eventually provide his answer and we can then make judgments. The answer will either prove his point or it will not. I'm looking forward to what that answer is.

If uzless never provides his answer, he clearly loses. So I am confident he will "reveal his game."

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
25 Nov 09

Originally posted by Melanerpes
If uzless never provides his answer, he clearly loses.
Yes, which means that he's backed himself into a corner he can't win.

However, never underestimate how much space there is under the carpet. By not answering and claiming that he will, he can defer the loss until people forget about this.

M

Moves
25 Nov 09

However, never underestimate how much space there is under the carpet. By not answering and claiming that he will, he can defer the loss until people forget about this.
If that happens, I'm sure one of us will post a thread reminding everyone. Or we could turn this thread into a "sticky thread game" so that it always remains at or near the top.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
25 Nov 09

we could turn this thread into a "sticky thread game" so that it always remains at or near the top.
LOL. Good idea.
That way, no-one will ever forget how 'awesome' useless is...

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
25 Nov 09

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Are these #1 NHL goalies?

Oh yea Pang he was that little goalie, and I don't think he lasted very long either.

Garner ever make the NHL? With the Calgary Flames NHL team?
Are you an ex-NHL player?

Or just back ups...I am talking more about the the NHL #1 goalies, not the fill ins, or back ups.

I don't think I even remember anyone named Tyrone Garner to be honest with you. Of course there are 30 teams now.πŸ˜•
Garner only played a few games for Calgary, but your question was asking if there were any timid goalies.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
25 Nov 09

You're almost there. If uzless could tell you what happened in clear terms, then his premise would crumble. You would learn and understand what happened, despite never having played!

So the corollary is obvious. uzless cannot reveal his game or he'll lose. So he won't.
You're the only trapper here palynka.

If i explain this one play, you only gain insight into one play. If we were to try this with another clip, the set of circumstances would be different and the players thought process would be different so for you to apply anything you get from what i say about why this particular goal happened wouldn't necessarily work.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
25 Nov 09

jebus, by none of you non-players/tv watchers explaining the clip you can defer the loss until people forget about this.

YOU GUYS are the ones that claimed I don't have insight that can't be gained without playing the game but are refusing to show that you in fact HAVE gained this knowledge by watching games on tv.

There is only one way to play this game, and it's to have the non-players step up and take a crack at showing they have as much insight as i do. You guys go first, then me, and we'll compare.

There is NO OTHER WAY to do this properly. But you won't. We know it. You know it.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
25 Nov 09
1 edit

I challenge ANY of you non-players to give an explanation that is better than melanpres.

All talk...no action.

As usual.

I'm the only one here willing to step up and put FACT behind OPINION.

πŸ˜›

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
25 Nov 09

. If uzless could tell you what happened in clear terms, then his premise would crumble. You would learn and understand what happened, despite never having played!

Wrong...again.

I can tell you what these guys are thinking because I KNOW what they are thinking. You on the other hand wouldn't actually KNOW what they are thinking simply because I told you what they were thinking. YOU, could only BELIEVE that what I am telling you is truthful.

YOU have to believe what i'm saying ON FAITH ALONE. YOU DON"T KNOW ANYTHING. You just believe.

I KNOW.

YOU BELIEVE.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

And more importantly, the next time you see a play, despite knowing what happened in one play at some historical point in time, you will NEVER be able to know what the players were thinking during any other play in the future!

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
25 Nov 09

jebus, by none of you non-players/tv watchers explaining the clip you can defer the loss until people forget about this.

YOU GUYS are the ones that claimed I don't have insight that can't be gained without playing the game but are refusing to show that you in fact HAVE gained this knowledge by watching games on tv.

There is only one way to play this gam ...[text shortened]... e.

There is NO OTHER WAY to do this properly. But you won't. We know it. You know it.
We.
Don't.
Watch.
Hockey.
Idiot.

M

Moves
25 Nov 09
3 edits

Wrong...again.

I can tell you what these guys are thinking because I KNOW what they are thinking. You on the other hand wouldn't actually KNOW what they are thinking simply because I told you what they were thinking. YOU, could only BELIEVE that what I am telling you is truthful.

YOU have to believe what i'm saying ON FAITH ALONE. YOU DON"T KNOW ...[text shortened]... ill NEVER be able to know what the players were thinking during any other play in the future!
This does bring up a major problem. There needs to be some way for us to judge your answer. Otherwise, how can any of us be able to know whether or not your analysis about the players' thoughts is correct? Just because you say so? How would we ever know that you're not just pulling stuff out of your arse? You may indeed have greater insight than the rest of us - but just because you are a former player doesn't make you infallible.

What we'd really need is to find some other former players, and have them each give their own independent analysis. If all of them (or even just a great majority of them) offered the same analysis, I would accept "on faith alone" that their consensus opinion is very likely to be the correct one. Not ironclad proof, but the closest thing possible short of asking Ovechkin et al themselves about the play. But I'd have a problem accepting any one person's view as being The Truth - even if that one person was Wayne Gretzky.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
26 Nov 09

Originally posted by Crowley
We.
Don't.
Watch.
Hockey.
Idiot.
Then
STOP
Posting
IN
Here
IDIOT

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
26 Nov 09

This does bring up a major problem. There needs to be some way for us to judge your answer. Otherwise, how can any of us be able to know whether or not your analysis about the players' thoughts is correct? Just because you say so? How would we ever know that you're not just pulling stuff out of your arse? You may indeed have greater insight than the rest ...[text shortened]... ng any one person's view as being The Truth - even if that one person was Wayne Gretzky.
It's a small point but I assure you, when I explain the play, you will understand completely what I am saying and will actually "see" what I am saying when you watch the players while thinking about what I said.

Having said that, there are others on RHP who have played hockey before and can verify what i say.

But regardless, the point here is to shwo that I have insights that most non-players dont'. My explanation will prove those insights, rest assured.

Again, i've put my position on the line....too bad no one else will.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
26 Nov 09

Then
STOP
Posting
IN
Here
IDIOT
Well, seeing that you are unwilling to even consider the fact that you are full of excrement, I will.

What do you know? The first point you make that I can agree with.