Yankees best run differential in MLB... by FAR

Yankees best run differential in MLB... by FAR

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Aug 11

Originally posted by Badwater
Well, I don't know. Was he at bat?

Just because sports folks enjoy massacring language and mathematics does not make it proper to do so. That Google brings up certain results does not mean that it's a run differential and not a difference. There is a difference here - it's just basic math. I, for one, will neither drink the kool-aid nor utter the word differential when in matter of fact it's a simple difference that is at hand.
The dictionary folks at Merriam-Webster don't agree; definition 2 of "differential" as a noun is:

2: a difference between comparable individuals or classes <a price differential>; also : the amount of such a difference

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/differential?show=1&t=1314131699

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
23 Aug 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
The dictionary folks at Merriam-Webster don't agree; definition 2 of "differential" as a noun is:

2: a difference between comparable individuals or classes <a price differential>; also : the amount of such a difference

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/differential?show=1&t=1314131699
Noodles1Marauder ?

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
25 Aug 11

Originally posted by sh76
+ 180

Red Sox: +141
Phillies: + 136
Texas +122

Everyone else: fuggedeabouddit

For all the smack talk about how the Yankees lost out to Boston and Philly in the offseason, no deadline moves, old team, etc. etc. etc. only bad luck has prevented the Yanks from having the best record in baseball (which they're not far off of in any case).

So, folks, how do ya like them (big) apples?

Let the jealousy begin.

😛
Statistics are for who???😀