Wimbeldon

Wimbeldon

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

z

Moves
20 Jun 07

So who will win this year?

On the mens side, can anyone touch the Fed?

On the womens, can JH finally win on grass?

t

my island

Moves
20 Jun 07

Originally posted by zebano

rafa

henin

Moves
20 Jun 07

Originally posted by trevor33
rafa

henin
yeah I think that may be the case..... but two players that have impressed me on Grass so far...
Jankovic, she went one set down to Sharapova and came back to win in Birmingham, ok sharapova is not on form right now, neither is serena williams, but still shes in rich form and on grass could really push henin, so I'm thinking she could do it! The womens is by far the tightest contest.
As for the mens, well all the men I was looking forward to seeing flopped at queens, Ljubicic and Djokovic that is, but with the exception of Andy Roddick, I think he is the only player on grass that could cause an upset, with the Fed pulling out of halle who knows but I think the Fed will make it five...awsome!! Anyhow, Roddick looked class in queens, he still relies on the big serve but I think the influence conners has had on the other aspects of his game puts him right in the mix, grass suits his game.
Will be a great comp though.

t

my island

Moves
22 Jun 07

Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
yeah I think that may be the case..... but two players that have impressed me on Grass so far...
Jankovic, she went one set down to Sharapova and came back to win in Birmingham, ok sharapova is not on form right now, neither is serena williams, but still shes in rich form and on grass could really push henin, so I'm thinking she could do it! The womens ...[text shortened]... ects of his game puts him right in the mix, grass suits his game.
Will be a great comp though.
history tells us roddick doesn't have a hope in hell of winning wimbledon, 2 many long matches in the early rounds and not enough variety against the top 2. semis yeah, final maybe, can't see him winning it though.

p

Isle of Skye

Moves
23 Jun 07

Federer

Either Serena or Sharapova

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
23 Jun 07

Henman, er.... πŸ˜³πŸ™„πŸ˜•

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
23 Jun 07

I never agreed with them moving to Milton Keynes...

t

my island

Moves
23 Jun 07

Originally posted by blade68
I never agreed with them moving to Milton Keynes...
i didn't care

b
Best Loser

Traxler is Sound!

Moves
23 Jun 07

Federer and Sharapova. Federer without losing a set I'm sure... Sharapova will prolly have to fight for it.
Nadal won't beat federer on grass until he can adjust his swing to attack at least a little.

t

my island

Moves
23 Jun 07

Originally posted by ih8sens
Federer and Sharapova. Federer without losing a set I'm sure... Sharapova will prolly have to fight for it.
Nadal won't beat federer on grass until he can adjust his swing to attack at least a little.
we'll see

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
23 Jun 07

Wimbledon
Don't you mean MK Dons?

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
27 Jun 07

If Federer has an off day against Roddick (provided they both make it that far) Andy has a slight chance.

I like both Serena and Venus on the grass, but Henin such a solid player she'll be tough to beat.

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
01 Jul 07

😴
Sunday, Middle Sunday...
😴

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
04 Jul 07

Henin just notched her first win over Serena on grass.
Unfortunately Serena wasn't at her best, playing with 2 injuries, still she put up quite a fight.

w

Moves
04 Jul 07

the rain as alwaysπŸ˜€