why do americans find

why do americans find "soccer" boring? spin off

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
27 Mar 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
sorry, i meant american football. i was wondering if you can catch a game of american football outside of the pro and college leagues. id like to know the same about baseball if anybody knows. i know you have the minors, which i guess is like our semi-pro leagues but is there a pyramid of amateur leagues?
I'm not sure. I know there are amateur football teams, having played on one myself, but now that I don't play I have no idea where to go and watch.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
27 Mar 12

sorry, i meant american football. i was wondering if you can catch a game of american football outside of the pro and college leagues. id like to know the same about baseball if anybody knows. i know you have the minors, which i guess is like our semi-pro leagues but is there a pyramid of amateur leagues?
As far as baseball goes, there are many different levels.

MLB is the top pro league.
There are several levels of the Minor Leagues, which are all professional as well.
In descending order of affiliation you have AAA, AA, A, Rookie League, Instructional Leagues.

You also have summer leagues and winter leagues at the professional level.
Then you have the semi-pro ball.

All of these levels are amateur

You have industrial league ball
You have collegiate ball
American Legion
High School
Then you have countless levels of age specific organized leagues for kids.

There is a bunch of baseball available from young to old.
Does that answer your question?

Moves
28 Mar 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
As far as baseball goes, there are many different levels.

MLB is the top pro league.
There are several levels of the Minor Leagues, which are all professional as well.
In descending order of affiliation you have AAA, AA, A, Rookie League, Instructional Leagues.

You also have summer leagues and winter leagues at the professional level.
Then you ...[text shortened]... s.

There is a bunch of baseball available from young to old.
Does that answer your question?
it does indeed, thanks. i have more questions though!! with the growing popularity of soccer over there, do you also play the smaller variations of soccer like 5-a-side and 6-a-side?

t

Moves
28 Mar 12

it does indeed, thanks. i have more questions though!! with the growing popularity of soccer over there, do you also play the smaller variations of soccer like 5-a-side and 6-a-side?
Yes, and also indoor. Indoor is a strange way to play if you ask me... no throw ins only free kicks if the ball hits the net above the wall.

s

Moves
09 Apr 12

Originally posted by tomtom232
Yes, and also indoor. Indoor is a strange way to play if you ask me... no throw ins only free kicks if the ball hits the net above the wall.
I watched one of the best 0-0 draws ever yesterday. If soccer games were played with as much gusto and will to win as Real Madrid-Valencia soccer would be eminently watchable!