who plays the best football..?

who plays the best football..?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

6yd box

Moves
10 Feb 08

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
I think you are right and I'll admit when I'm proven wrong.
He's a good defender but he is just making too many mistakes.
Vidic makes him look better than he actually is.
the think about Rio is, he is ok, but not world class. The number ofmistakes he makes is to many for someone who is supposed to be 'world class'

In the cup again against Spurs, he lost Keane when he scored. Today he had no clue, Vessels and benjani 'played' him all game

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
10 Feb 08

Originally posted by spurs73
the think about Rio is, he is ok, but not world class. The number ofmistakes he makes is to many for someone who is supposed to be 'world class'

In the cup again against Spurs, he lost Keane when he scored. Today he had no clue, Vessels and benjani 'played' him all game
I think you are right.
He's a good player who makes mistakes, I think there are 3 main reasons for this:-
- The obvious one, he has lapses of concentration but his pace saves him 50% of the time when this happens
- He isn't very good 1-1 and a WC striker often turns him and he loses balance
- Uniteds Right Back Position often exposes our right side by attackng play and with Brown sometimes with bad play. Ferdinand doesn't cover this position well enough
- Rio has looked better alonside Vidic, which sort of points to the fact he needs a WC partner to sweep up for him. Since we beat Newcastle, Rio has made multiple mistakes in every game I've seen him play.

Also I've woke up to find Chelsea draw with Liverpool.
Every cloud has a silver lining, Liverpool may not finish 4th now and Chelsea only gained a point.
United still have a good chance of getting a 17th league title.

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
10 Feb 08

Best National Team ever: Brasil (1970);

Best Club Team ever: Santos F. C. (early 1960´s).

s

6yd box

Moves
11 Feb 08

Originally posted by Helder Octavio
Best [b]National Team ever: Brasil (1970);

Best Club Team ever: Santos F. C. (early 1960´s).[/b]
Helder: what do you think of the Bazil 1982 team?
I dont remember the 70 team, only seen them on film footage, but the 82 team for me was wonderfull.

They played what I call 'pure football', i love that team!

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
11 Feb 08

Helder: what do you think of the Bazil 1982 team?
I dont remember the 70 team, only seen them on film footage, but the 82 team for me was wonderfull.

They played what I call 'pure football', i love that team!
The Brazilians have the deffect of don´t like loser teams...

The 1982 team was wonderful:
Waldir Perez; Leandro, Oscar, Luizinho, Júnior;
Cerezzo, Falcão, Sócrates, Zico;
Serginho, Éder.

A "dream team", but it had a "Paolo Rossi" in the way...

s

6yd box

Moves
11 Feb 08

Serginho, Éder.

Eder was my favorit.... that shot at wembley 2 months before the world cup when they played england... it was amazing... it first went left and then turned right in mid-air as it come towords clmence's goal.

Also that free-kick from the half way line against Argintan..(hit the post and then serginho, taped the ball in)

member 001

Planet Oz

Moves
11 Feb 08

Ask Crowley and he will tell you South Africa.

According to him they have the best cricketers,best rugby players.So why not soccer players too.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
11 Feb 08

Serginho, Éder.

Who says smoking is bad for you..?
Socrates was on 40 a day... as was Johann Cruyff (mind you, he has had a heart transplant since!)

That was SOME midfield... don't remember Cerezzo though?

e

Moves
11 Feb 08

didnt holland have the the title something like "the greatest team never to win a world cup" in the 70's???

i think now that title goes to england everytime we play... the greatest team not to win

e

Moves
11 Feb 08

...personaly i think arsenal are the best team to break from the back quick.. they put those passes togather and the next minute they are in your penalty box.

As for united..do you remember the 70s when they had Hill and Copple on the wings and Alberstone and Houston over-lapping from the full-back positions?
yeah, i do remember... though i think the best team united had was the team of 99....

well done to man city by the way...

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
11 Feb 08

Originally posted by boarman
Ask Crowley and he will tell you South Africa.

According to him they have the best cricketers,best rugby players.So why not soccer players too.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
You need to get your head out of your ass, buddy.

s

England

Moves
11 Feb 08

come on now it has to be derby goals galore, they let in

s

6yd box

Moves
11 Feb 08

Originally posted by stoker
come on now it has to be derby goals galore, they let in
to be honest its sad to see derby struggling. I remember as a kid in the 70s they were a very good division one team.

s

England

Moves
12 Feb 08

to be honest its sad to see derby struggling. I remember as a kid in the 70s they were a very good division one team.
you will remember the free mud bath as well then,

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
12 Feb 08

Originally posted by stoker
you will remember the free mud bath as well then,
I remember Franny Lee and Norman Hunter doing 5 rounds on that mud bath! Franny won on points in my opinion...

Apparently Cloughie used to water the pitch heavily before games (whether it had been raining or not!)... there's a story about a foreign side that were due to play Derby in a European match... their manager turns up and asks if it'd been raining 'cos they'd stooped in an hotel 2 miles up the road and he'd never seen a spot of rain!