1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 18:24
    Why trade Kendrick Perkins, one of the keys of our defense, in the middle of a championship run? Why trade several other useful bench players for draft choices during same? What the hell is going on?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 18:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Why trade Kendrick Perkins, one of the keys of our defense, in the middle of a championship run? Why trade several other useful bench players for draft choices during same? What the hell is going on?
    "Our" defense? You don't live in Boston as I recall.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 18:54
    Originally posted by rwingett
    "Our" defense? You don't live in Boston as I recall.
    Celtic fandom is not limited by geography; they have universal appeal unlike a pathetic collection of scrubs like the Tigers who must rely on the granfalloon of regional loyalty.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 19:58
    They appeal to Irish ethnics. It was amusing to observe Los Angeles' Irish themed bars during the Celtics-Lakers big games back a while ago.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 20:27
    Celtic fandom is not limited by geography; they have universal appeal unlike a pathetic collection of scrubs like the Tigers who must rely on the granfalloon of regional loyalty.
    Perhaps. But its not typical to say "our" unless you're from the area. I don't think Yankee fans in Utah, for example, would say "our" defense when referring to the team.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Feb '11 21:09
    Perhaps. But its not typical to say "our" unless you're from the area. I don't think Yankee fans in Utah, for example, would say "our" defense when referring to the team.
    I'm never aspired to being typical.

Anyway, I'm about as close to Boston Garden as MSG (the difference is about 20 miles). Both are less than 3 hour drives even at the speed limit (which is for losers).
  7. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 09:21
    I'm never aspired to being typical.

Anyway, I'm about as close to Boston Garden as MSG (the difference is about 20 miles). Both are less than 3 hour drives even at the speed limit (which is for losers).
    ok, "I'm never aspired".. you're forgetting about relevancy..

The Boston Celtics will become quite irrelevant in the playoffs this year. Sorry to say.

They're another team down South..
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 12:44
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    ok, "I'm never aspired".. you're forgetting about relevancy..

The Boston Celtics will become quite irrelevant in the playoffs this year. Sorry to say.

They're another team down South..
    The team we're 3-0 against?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Feb '11 12:48
    The Celts beat the Clippers last night, but looked pretty unimpressive doing so. Green was awful though Kristic played OK (though he got in foul trouble and didn't play D in the imposing fashion of Perk). I doozed off and missed most of the 3rd and a bit of the 4th when the Celts took the game over; before that their defense was pretty bad allowing a slew of dunks. Must have tightened up after that.

Blake Griffin is a beast BTW.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '11 12:49
    The Celts beat the Clippers last night, but looked pretty unimpressive doing so. Green was awful though Kristic played OK (though he got in foul trouble and didn't play D in the imposing fashion of Perk). I doozed off and missed most of the 3rd and a bit of the 4th when the Celts took the game over; before that their defense was pretty bad allowing a slew of dunks. Must have tightened up after that.

Blake Griffin is a beast BTW.
    These late season moves have always mystified me. It's almost as if they're throwing away their chances. Godd defenders are so hard to come by. I don't see them making a deep run like last year, but there remains a glimmer of hope.
  11. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    04 Mar '11 23:09
    That makes no sense.
    If they are YOUR team it is customary to say ours,us,etc.
    You dont have to live in that city to say that.
    And for the record, Upstate NY is not that far from Boston and is loaded w/Celtic Fans.
    Many of us naturally feel closer to the Celts then we would the Knicks or Nets. Albany to Boston is a hop skip and a jump.
    Your comparison to Utah and the Yankees is absurd.
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '11 03:01
    Aren't Nate and Perkins injured, maybe even out for the season? If that is the case, it is a good trade for the Celtics since their championship window is closing. If the big three were still in their twenties, then I think it would be a different story.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree