West Ham?

West Ham?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
12 May 07

Well, someone had a problem with this particular loan, seeing as the FA fined West Ham 5.5 million over it. But thank you for the info regarding a lack of precedent for a points deduction.

As to whether it's EPL or Premiership, I could give a rat's arse.

ln

Moves
12 May 07

Originally posted by Dapablo
Opposite to stated knowledge there is no precedent for points deducted fo fielding an ellegible player, if so please kindly show us where and when.

What is elligible about either player, they were both loaned to West Ham to play during the season, no-one else wanted them.
So like whats your problem lots of players play on loan.

Sheefield cant afford ...[text shortened]... ld get a draw and that wouyld mean they go down.

and by the way its the Premiership not epl.
AFC Wimbledon were deducted 3 points (initially 18) for fielding an illegible player this season. However the FA as I understand it have no say over the premiership.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/6496543.stm

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
15 May 07

Originally posted by london nick
AFC Wimbledon were deducted 3 points (initially 18) for fielding an illegible player this season. However the FA as I understand it have no say over the premiership.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/6496543.stm
though it now seems FIFA do so something might happen

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/05/15/SOCCER_Tevez_FIFA.html

e

Moves
15 May 07

Originally posted by Fleabitten
I've been reading that a couple of EPL teams are thinking of suing the FA over the Tevez/M scandal because West Ham was fined but not deducted points. The fine was pretty steep, but a pittance when compared to the cost of relegation. Do these teams have a legal leg to stand on? Based on prior cases, should West Ham have lost points? Curious to hear some opinions, since mine is still up in the air.
sheffield utd have only themselves to blame; they sound like a 5 yr old who hasnt got his own way; the only reason they went down and not west ham is because the hammers played; sheffield utd didnt complain about west ham when they beat them 3-0, afterwards west ham go on a winning streak, beat man u and arsenal, stay up and now sheffield are taking them to court; i wonder if they still would have done if west ham had gone down... the very worse that will happen is the premiership will deduct points, either it will be only one or two which wont effect the outcome or they will deduct points starting from the new season... either way, sheffield, you're staying down...

by the way, why did sheffield only take relegation seriously in the second half of their final game...

Sais

Berks.

Moves
15 May 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
sheffield utd have only themselves to blame; they sound like a 5 yr old who hasnt got his own way; the only reason they went down and not west ham is because the hammers played; sheffield utd didnt complain about west ham when they beat them 3-0, afterwards west ham go on a winning streak, beat man u and arsenal, stay up and now sheffield are taking them ...[text shortened]... way, why did sheffield only take relegation seriously in the second half of their final game...
You make it sound like a side can suddenly improve on demand.

West Ham have broken the rules, even the club won't argue with that one. They may have the better side (and few would disagree with that as Tevez remains).

The standard punishment for the type of behaviour they have done is to have points deducted, or be thrown out of a cup competition. The minimum that could be realistically deducted, if it were to be made, would be three points. That's enough to relegate them.

Bury were thrown out of the FA Cup this season, for a clerical error in registering a player. Wimbledon had 18 points deducted (reduced to 3 on appeal) plus being thrown out of two cups for a misunderstanding where no benefit was gained. Last season Altrincham also lost 18 points, again without obtaining an advantage in the process.

The Wimbledon case does hopefully set a precedent that if a club makes a registration error, the points penalty would be reduced to three, providing no advantage was sought.

West Ham would appear to have gained an advantage, in that without being entirely honest when seeking to register the players concerned, and without that then they would have not made the transfer deadline. Therefore, they really should be deducted the points gained whilst those players were played, but not on an appropriate contract.

The big problem with the punishment the Premier League have adopted is that it is affecting another club more than the one who commited the offence. I'm hopeful that common sense would be applied and Sheffield United would be reprieved, a points deduction made (which if given could never be less than three).

Sadly I can't see it happening and do expect to see West Ham staying up.

e

Moves
15 May 07

Originally posted by Peakite
You make it sound like a side can suddenly improve on demand.

West Ham have broken the rules, even the club won't argue with that one. They may have the better side (and few would disagree with that as Tevez remains).

The standard punishment for the type of behaviour they have done is to have points deducted, or be thrown out of a cup competition. The ...[text shortened]... ess than three).

Sadly I can't see it happening and do expect to see West Ham staying up.
what rubbish; why should sheffield utd stay up, they had plenty of chances to keep themselves up, they never, and now they're looking for excuses... you have no idea what you're talking about, lets go the whole hog and take man u to court as well, for not fielding their top side against west ham, and lets take liverpool to court as well for not playing a decent side against fulham.

answer me this, sheffield utd and wigan made a pact, if west ham were seriously losing at old trafford at half time, wigan would be allowed the odd goal, even when the chairman was asked about this before the game he simply smile, never once denied it... so that's not breaking the rules in anyway? how corrupt is that...

i suggest you grow up, you're beginning to sound like a spoilt child... west ham deserve to stay up, they played outstanding football to stay up, unlike sheffield utd who look to the courts for their wins

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
15 May 07

what rubbish; why should sheffield utd stay up, they had plenty of chances to keep themselves up, they never, and now they're looking for excuses... you have no idea what you're talking about, lets go the whole hog and take man u to court as well, for not fielding their top side against west ham, and lets take liverpool to court as well for not playing a ...[text shortened]... outstanding football to stay up, unlike sheffield utd who look to the courts for their wins
You're starting to iritate me... stop ranting on and put your dummy back in.

WHU broke the rules when registering a player/players (and not only Peakite has pointed this out to you.) When this has happened before, there has been a minimum 3 point deduction. FACT.

Of course The Blades are looking for excuses to stay up, there's 50M at stake, wouldn't you?
United wouldn't have any arguement about relegation if everyone had played by the rules... but they haven't have they?

It's that sense of injustice that has got everyone incited, and the fact that the Premier League appear to be idle in getting to grips with any kind of suitable punishment.

You make an accusation of United and Wigan concocting a result to send WHU down... although this is highly unlikely (and a smile has never been an admission of guilt in any court of law), the 'concocted' result would've been immaterial anyway, 'cos in fairness to WHU they achieved an incredible result at Old Trafford... oh yeah - with the help of a player that should never have been on the pitch!

Grow up Bish.... look at the facts buddy.

Sais

Berks.

Moves
15 May 07

what rubbish; why should sheffield utd stay up, they had plenty of chances to keep themselves up, they never, and now they're looking for excuses... you have no idea what you're talking about, lets go the whole hog and take man u to court as well, for not fielding their top side against west ham, and lets take liverpool to court as well for not playing a ...[text shortened]... outstanding football to stay up, unlike sheffield utd who look to the courts for their wins
It's much easier to stay up when the opposition has been playing by the rules. I'm not too surprised by any rumours of potential match fixing given the scenario going into the final day, although I doubt anything would have happened given the potential punishments.

Although if anyone needs to grow up round here it isn't me. You are quite keen to point out that West Ham stayed up in the end by playing some outstanding football. I'm certainly not arguing they haven't done so, and I don't expect many will do, it's the contracts and registration issues that everyone is complaining about.

e

Moves
15 May 07

Originally posted by Peakite
It's much easier to stay up when the opposition has been playing by the rules. I'm not too surprised by any rumours of potential match fixing given the scenario going into the final day, although I doubt anything would have happened given the potential punishments.

Although if anyone needs to grow up round here it isn't me. You are quite keen to point out ...[text shortened]... y will do, it's the contracts and registration issues that everyone is complaining about.
but west ham arnt to blame, the premier league is, west ham were wrong in their signings i will say that, but they were punished by the epl; you cannot punish the same team twice for the same crime; my point is would anyone honestly be interested in this if west ham had gone down? the answer is no, therefore, sheffield utd are looking for excuses; yes, west ham got off lightly, 5.5 million compared to 50 million, all i'm saying is everyone is blaming west ham and saying they should have points deducted but it was the job of the epl to issue that deduction; they never; therefore blame lies with the epl; whats done is done; with all this talk of law suits and the courts, if feels to me it is a case of bolt the stable door after the horse has bolted

e

Moves
15 May 07

Originally posted by blade68
You're starting to iritate me... stop ranting on and put your dummy back in.

WHU broke the rules when registering a player/players (and not only Peakite has pointed this out to you.) When this has happened before, there has been a minimum 3 point deduction. FACT.

Of course The Blades are looking for excuses to stay up, there's 50M at stake, wouldn't yo ...[text shortened]... that should never have been on the pitch!

Grow up Bish.... look at the facts buddy.
see above comment