Video refs in the premiership

Video refs in the premiership

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
23 Nov 06

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
In 20 years time or less, when it will have been a standard feature for many years, you will wonder why anyone was ever against it.

They should also immediately bring in the after-game video review and red carding of cheats - especially divers.

😉
I am with you, it needs to be introduced the only question is how ?
I am sure there are ppl much smarter than I working on that.

However when IT IS first introduced it will no doubt need tweaking, but it is coming and it is needed as to when I don't know.

m

Moves
23 Nov 06

Originally posted by dan182
I am sure there are ppl much smarter than I working on that.
Unfortunately, judging from past experience, there are probably people much dumber working on it as well. The smart ones won't necessarily win out.

I

Moves
23 Nov 06

Most contentious decisions occur in and around the goalmouth where the current officials often have a restricted view of incidents. Why don't they use two more officials and put them on the goal line at each end?

t

Ireland

Moves
23 Nov 06

Originally posted by Ian68
Most contentious decisions occur in and around the goalmouth where the current officials often have a restricted view of incidents. Why don't they use two more officials and put them on the goal line at each end?
Extra officials is a good suggestion but they will still have to make split second decisions which may be wrong.

Still more officals means less mistakes on decisions in my opinion. how often do we see the linesman spotting something the ref missed

T
Gives cheque to mate

Near the keyboard

Moves
23 Nov 06

Another point raised would be if video replays were brought into the premiership what about lower league games. Would each club be able to afford the video wall, or the equipment to make this feature work. It would be unfair to have it in the premiership and not the lower leagues.