1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 00:24
    The Tevez rumours seem to be getting very strong now. Assuming that United do sign Tevez, we'd probably have a stronger squad than in '99.

Goal: Van Der Saar
    Rotating: Ben Foster and Kuszak

Defenders: Gary Nevillie, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
    Rotating with: Brown, O'Shea, Heinze, Pique,

Centre Midfielders: Scholes, Hargreaves, Carrick
    Rotating with: Anderson, Fletcher

Wingers: Ronaldo, Giggs, Nani, Park

Forwards: Tevez, Rooney, Rossi, Saha (Who'll probably stay at least until Jan due to injury)

Formidable.

Can anybody see any weak link? Apart from the unpredictability of soccer. While there are a lot of new signings, they can be eased in due to the fact that we haven't really lost any of our main players.

The truly amazing thing about that squad is that only VDS, Neville, Scholes and Giggs are over 30.

D
  2. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 05:341 edit
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    The truly amazing thing about that squad is that only VDS, Neville, Scholes and Giggs are over 30.

D
    And therein lies the only weakness I can see in the team. That and maybe their backline. It will be great to watch Man U in the next year, they should promise big things. But then again, alot of clubs in Europe are looking quite strong.

The next Champions League is so very mouth-watering...

Also Hargraves is the best addition to your team. He is a truly world class midfielder.
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 08:50
    The Tevez rumours seem to be getting very strong now. Assuming that United do sign Tevez, we'd probably have a stronger squad than in '99.

Rotating wit ...[text shortened]... azing thing about that squad is that only VDS, Neville, Scholes and Giggs are over 30.

D
    Van der Sar and the 1st choice back four looked shaky on occasions last year. Vidic and Evra can be got at. You need better cover, Brown and O'Shea are average at best and Heinze will leave. What happened to Silvestre?

Carrick and Hargreaves offer little creativity (in fact they're both similar players) so if Scholes is out you'll end up having to play Giggs in the middle.

Tevez and Rooney are superb players but similar. I'll bet that neither get 20 league goals (although goals throughout the team have never really been a problem for ManU). Rossi will leave and Saha's crocked.

You'll be (deserved) favourites for the league but you haven't signed Tevez yet and even if you do I wouldn't get too cocky. Chelsea will be just as strong and more determined than last year and LFC need only a couple of wide players to have a squad that on paper is as good as both.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 09:32
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Van der Sar and the 1st choice back four looked shaky on occasions last year. Vidic and Evra can be got at. You need better cover, Brown and O'Shea are average at best and Heinze will leave. What happened to Silvestre?

Carrick and Hargreaves offer little creativity (in fact they're both similar players) so if Scholes is out you'll end up having to play ...[text shortened]... LFC need only a couple of wide players to have a squad that on paper is as good as both.
    VDS was shaky when he had a whole new back four in front of him.

Vidic was only shaky when he was rushed back after a month out with a broken collarbone.

Evra had a dip in form towards the end of the season, again after a decent spell out injured.

Brown is a little better than average, and O'Shea can play anywhere across the back four. Last season he had a very good season after a very poor second season.

I don't know why Heinze would leave. He had gotten his place back at the end of the season.

I prefer to think of a United Squad without Silvestre. He's a liability.

Carrick and Hargreaves are the holding players to allow 4 other players to attack. Anderson is also a centre midfield player, apparently in the mould of Scholes. Giggs played some of his best games last year in the centre, so that's no big problem anyway.

There's no way Rossi will be allowed leave. It's obvious what a talent he is. I believe the plan is to allow Smith to leave, and to try and sell Saha in January.

D
  5. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    06 Jul '07 10:06

Rotating wit ...[text shortened]... azing thing about that squad is that only VDS, Neville, Scholes and Giggs are over 30.

D
    i certainly hope you dont sign him for obvious reasons but if you do then you will have a superb asset there without doubt, then i think you have only 1 more player to get... that being a world class defender who can organise the defence either way united will be very strong anyhow what with hargreaves signing to bolster that midfield and tevez could be the icing on the cake, as i said i hope he stays with us but i really cant see it, but just 1 question: if he does move how much will the powers that be look into the transfer?? dont think they will risk the wrath againπŸ˜›πŸ˜€πŸ™‚
  6. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 21:26
    Originally posted by wideawake
    but just 1 question: if he does move how much will the powers that be look into the transfer?? dont think they will risk the wrath againπŸ˜›πŸ˜€πŸ™‚[/b]
    Ah ha!
    Finally admitting that you cheated then?
  7. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    08 Jul '07 21:43

Formidable.

Can anybody see any weak link? Apart from the unpredictability of soccer. While there are a lot of new signings, they can be eased in due to the fact that we haven't really lost any of our main players.

D
    IMO Chelsea has done very good signings and they've done 'em free. Lot depends on how teams will survive Africa Cup this coming season.. obviously that's a disadvantage to Chelski but otherwise imo they have ever bit as good team as ManUtd if not even better.. I mean think if Shevchenko and Ballack have their A-class year...
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 21:42
    Originally posted by blade68
    Ah ha!
    Finally admitting that you cheated then?
    Blade68... these hammers are a joke. I blame the prem league and the FA for not standing firm, but the WHU fans.. they are a joke.

I think everone wants to see WHU go down next season.. and you know what?
    ......THEY WILL
  9. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 22:09
    Originally posted by spurs73
    Blade68... these hammers are a joke. I blame the prem league and the FA for not standing firm, but the WHU fans.. they are a joke.

......THEY WILL
    Baby, you're already down πŸ™‚ stop whinin' about it
  10. Joined
    10 Jul '05
    Moves
    09 Jul '07 22:21
    Originally posted by spurs73

......THEY WILL
    ill put my money where my mouth is say we wontπŸ™‚
  11. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    10 Jul '07 08:24
    I think you're the most strengthened, and I don't see Liverpool mounting a challenge despite the crazy money they've spent (they've just lost three decent players, what's more). However, I think Chelsea have made some very subtle signings of players with Premiership experience which are less risky. They're also looking a lot more united behind the scenes; if Man Utd's signings don't pay off, it's going to generate a lot of pressure on Ferguson.
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 17:38
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    I think you're the most strengthened, and I don't see Liverpool mounting a challenge despite the crazy money they've spent (they've just lost three decent players, what's more). However, I think Chelsea have made some very subtle signings of players with Premiership experience which are less risky. They're also looking a lot more united behind the scenes; i ...[text shortened]... Man Utd's signings don't pay off, it's going to generate a lot of pressure on Ferguson.
    I don't fully agree with you.

Liverpool appear to have signed some good players, but will need the new players to settle into the team straight away. Maybe that settling in period will be next season.

Chelsea have signed squad players at best. Who is Ben Haim going to dislodge from the Chelsea defence? Is Sidwell going to displace Obi, Lampard, Ballack, Cole or Essien (never minding Makalele). Malouda could be a direct replacement for Robben. Is Pizarro (12 from 45 last year) going to displace Shev or Drogba (as well as compete with Kalou?

United have added some genuine first teamers, and also strenghtened their squad. Nani and Anderson are under no pressure next season as Fergie has stated that they will not start many games to help them settle. They will however mean that Giggs and Scholes can be rested, without us having to rely on the too-slow Fletcher on the wing. Hargreaves can start without weakening the team. As can Tevez (assuming that gets sorted, which it should).

Whatever happens, it should be a good season.

D
  13. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 19:57
    I don't fully agree with you.

Liverpool appear to have signed some good players, but will need the new players to settle into the team straight away. Maybe that settling in period will be next season.

Chelsea have signed squad players at best. Who is Ben Haim going to dislodge from the Chelsea defence? Is Sidwell going to displace Obi, Lampard, Bal ...[text shortened]... uming that gets sorted, which it should).

Whatever happens, it should be a good season.

D
    Watch out for the Mighty Rams!!!!
  14. Standard membermochiron
    The Don
    Nihon
    Moves
    11 Jul '07 21:32
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    And therein lies the only weakness I can see in the team. That and maybe their backline. It will be great to watch Man U in the next year, they should promise big things. But then again, alot of clubs in Europe are looking quite strong.

The next Champions League is so very mouth-watering...

Also Hargraves is the best addition to your team. He is a truly world class midfielder.
    agree on your line. and Yes Hargraves is a classic midfielder...
  15. LA
    Moves
    16 Jul '07 07:24
    I think if United sign Tevez they will be unstopable in the Premier league.
    Tevez - Rooney - Ronaldo is an amazing combination that should frighten anyone.

With Giggs, Scholes, Anderson, Nani, Carrick, Saha(glass legs), Smith and Hargreaves you have a perfect mix of proven quality and massive potential to complement them.

In Europe it will still be difficult because United have a good defense but not enough quality cover, although Jonny Evans is supposed to be pure class (ask any Sunderland supporter).

I think Liverpool will improve greatly in the league.
    To win the league you need pace and strong wing players IMHO.
    Liverpool have addressed this with some of the new signings.

Chelsea messed up last year by selling Duff and messing around with Lampard and Ballack. Jose I think has learned from this and if it wasn't for Drogba, Jose would be looking for a new job now.

I think to win the Premier league you have to play just one up front and have pacey attacking wingers.
    Look at United, they sold Van Nistelrooy, played one single striker and were a much better side, even though Nistelrooy is one of the best finishers there is.

Its going to be a very exciting new season, Liverpool are the dark horses and if Rafa start playing attacking football anything could happen if Torres comes good.

I still think Liverpool need a season to settle and United will win the title again.

As for Arsenal, who knows whats happening there.
    Look at Baptista in the Copa America he looks awesome.
    Its going to be a big season for Wallcott, he has to start producing goals now.

After seeing Liverpools new signings I think they will give Chelsea a good run for second spot if things click for them πŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree