U.F.C. (Ultimate Fighting Championship!)

U.F.C. (Ultimate Fighting Championship!)

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCC Club Leader

Denver, CO

Moves
01 Dec 06

Anybody watch this?

d

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by PureRWandB
Anybody watch this?
I can't. It makes me squeamish. Same with Thai Boxing. It's too savage.

I'm a lover.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
01 Dec 06

Originally posted by darvlay
I can't. It makes me squeamish. Same with Thai Boxing. It's too savage.

I'm a lover.
From your keyboard to God's inbox!

P-

m

Moves
02 Dec 06

Anybody watch this?
yes, i do and i do bjj and tkd as well as wrestling all Martial arts that feed fighters into MMA.I'm a big fan, my fav fighters are matt hughes and vitor belfort

AK

Moves
02 Dec 06

I watch it, it's good, far better than K1. Favourite fighter is Matt Bisping, carrying the pride of Britain😛

CCC Club Leader

Denver, CO

Moves
22 Dec 06

Originally posted by Alex Kelly
I watch it, it's good, far better than K1. Favourite fighter is Matt Bisping, carrying the pride of Britain😛
Yeah Bisbing is really good. I don't see him much. Dana White's new poster boy is Forest Griffin. Griffin is a good fighter but Bisbing would tear him apart.

CCC Club Leader

Denver, CO

Moves
22 Dec 06

I have seen all 4 UFC reality shows. My favorite was 2nd session w/ Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin. After that, I would say the 3rd one w/ Tito and Shamrock.

The 4th one was lame. I hope the 5th season is better.

The coaches will be Jens Pulver and BJ Penn. All the fighters will be lightweights...so it will be exciting.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
23 Dec 06

I watch it. I practice judo and a bit of bjj. I'm a big fan of Karo Parisyan, Rich Franklin, Anderson Silva, and George St. Pierre! Can't wait for that fool Big Tim to get his phoney butt kicked.

I would encourage those who have in the past written MMA off as the equivalent of brutal bar-brawling to re-examine the sport. The technique and athleticism that these fighters display is tremendous. And while it may look brutal, if you measure by either injury rate and injury severity, the NFL is far more brutal.

T

Moves
23 Dec 06

I follow the sport quite closely.

I do stay away from the pay per views however as 90% of the ones I have ordered in the past flopped IMO.

And uhm, Griffen would kill Bisping at this point in time.

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
23 Dec 06

Chuck Lidell is the man. That is one mean ass, redneck!

S

Moves
24 Dec 06

I have seen all 4 UFC reality shows. My favorite was 2nd session w/ Matt Hughes and Rich Franklin. After that, I would say the 3rd one w/ Tito and Shamrock.

The 4th one was lame. I hope the 5th season is better.

The coaches will be Jens Pulver and BJ Penn. All the fighters will be lightweights...so it will be exciting.
agree. the 4th serious was c+*p... who won that by the way..as i stopped watching after the 3rd show?

Whatppened to that little guy from show 2...Joe 'somthing' hes name was?

He was about 5"4' tall but come in at 199 pounds out of fight shape!

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
28 Dec 06

Check out Jeff Joslin from Canada. He just got signed to a 3 match UFC contract.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
28 Dec 06

Originally posted by uzless
Check out Jeff Joslin from Canada. He just got signed to a 3 match UFC contract.
He just fought Josh Koscheck at the last free UFC event. Jeff lost because Josh is an incredible wrestler (though a very, very boring fighter). Josh took him down at will but couldn't stay passed Jeff's guard. He continued to "lay 'n' pray" on Joslin to a unanimous decision. Despite this loss, I think Joslin could develop into a pretty decent fighter.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
29 Dec 06

Originally posted by telerion
He just fought Josh Koscheck at the last free UFC event. Jeff lost because Josh is an incredible wrestler (though a very, very boring fighter). Josh took him down at will but couldn't stay passed Jeff's guard. He continued to "lay 'n' pray" on Joslin to a unanimous decision. Despite this loss, I think Joslin could develop into a pretty decent fighter.
Ya, "Wet-blanket" koscheck won't be in UFC for long if he keeps up the boring fights. Joslin should do much better against a real opponent.

Should be fun

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
31 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Teshuvah
I follow the sport quite closely.

I do stay away from the pay per views however as 90% of the ones I have ordered in the past flopped IMO.

And uhm, Griffen would kill Bisping at this point in time.
I agree that Bisping is too fresh to fight Griffen at this point, but the way Forrest got owned by Keith Jardine tonight I'd say it won't be long before "The Count" has his shot at him. BTW Bisping won his fight tonight over a can in the first round.

Edit: Looks like Chuck wins in a controversial stoppage.