Soccer players have no balls.

Soccer players have no balls.

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by badmoon
I see it each game of every World Cup - some player never gets touched but starts rolling on the ground like he was gored by a bull. Then when he gets the call he jumps up and down like a ballerina. Happened with Cameroon today and was immediately followwed by the same by Japan.

So i ask you experts, do they cut your balls off as soon as you announce that you want to play soccer? Because the palyers on these fields are surely not men.
It's simple. On football you have ONE referee for a huge field. So, when you got fouled you have to make it look bad from distance or referee will think nothing happened.
Get on the field against me and I'll show you how soft football is.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by monteirof
It's simple. On football you have ONE referee for a huge field. So, when you got fouled you have to make it look bad from distance or referee will think nothing happened.
Get on the field against me and I'll show you how soft football is.
To start with it is a soccer ball. 😛

pffft... Stand in front of me I will shoot a puck off a board at you & lets see who goes for more stitches. 😛

Moves
18 Jun 10

im shocked people are saying footballs a game for sissies, ill prove its a mans game once and for all!!!!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by stellspalfie
im shocked people are saying footballs a game for sissies, ill prove its a mans game once and for all!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inedwXtNzAk
FYI...A football is not round..A soccer ball is!

I may have went a bit far saying it was a sissy game, but it is also far from manly! 😛

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by orion25
yes but that story only came out a couple of weeks after the match. Also it remains unproven.
google it. he was fined 5000 euro and banned for 2 matches.

o
Art is hard

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
To start with it is a soccer ball. 😛

pffft... Stand in front of me I will shoot a puck off a board at you & lets see who goes for more stitches. 😛
I don't think he meant he was going to kick the ball at you...

s

Moves
18 Jun 10

I don't think he meant he was going to kick the ball at you...
Yes he did! I'll take the soccer ball. I'd never stand in front of a well hit puck!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Yes he did! I'll take the soccer ball. I'd never stand in front of a well hit puck!
Oh, did you know the pucks are frozen also?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Jun 10

Oh, did you know the pucks are frozen also?
Cold is always the first excuse.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jun 10

Originally posted by Palynka
Cold is always the first excuse.
Nothing to do with the cold. The game pucks are literally taken and frozen.

Many people do not know that, did you?

o
Art is hard

Moves
18 Jun 10

Nothing to do with the cold. The game pucks are literally taken and frozen.

Many people do not know that, did you?
what for?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jun 10
1 edit

what for?
It is to help stop the puck from bouncing around.

Now if the ice is bad the puck can still bounce, but not as bad as it would if the pucks hadn't been frozen.

Places that know what they are doing will take the nets just before game time and drag them along the ice to get the metal cold before placing them on their supports. This is done so the net does not sink into the ice, which can happen if the metal is warm.

s

Moves
18 Jun 10
1 edit

what for?
So rabid Canadians won't bite the pucks when they scream at them at 100+ miles per hour!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Jun 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
So rabid Candians won't bite the pucks when they scream at them at 100+ miles per hour!
Even the Rabid ones don't scream when hit with a puck, it is not the Canadian way.

Biting the puck is perfectly ok if you have any teeth left to do so with. 😉

You probably don't know that since you can't even spell Canadian. 😛

s

Moves
19 Jun 10

Even the Rabid ones don't scream when hit with a puck, it is not the Canadian way.

Biting the puck is perfectly ok if you have any teeth left to do so with. 😉

You probably don't know that since you can't even spell Canadian. 😛
Never said Canadians scream. Said the puck screams, meaning the whistling noise made by a fast moving object. Canadians are certainly no sissies. Not a dig, but praise for the guts you guys show all the time. Can't spell? it was a typo and I corrected it for your viweing pleasure. Did you see the video of Rivelino's free kick? It's in an earlier post. I guess the English cannot bite pucks? Now, now Mr. Rusty! At least Canadians have hockey to blame for toothlessness. Brits have simply been defanged