1. Chi-Town:Windy City
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 01:58
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    By no means is Scottie Pippen one of the top 2 players of all time, I wouldn't even have him in top ten, maybe top 50. He was good but he was no Micheal. There are plenty of better players like Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem, Malone,
    He is not MAYBE a top 50.

He's in the Top 10, Top 15.

And if it wasn't for Jordan getting all the limelight, Scottie would have like 90% of all the fame and acclaim that Michael got.

He and Michael were just two of a kind.

Yes Magic Johnson was a great playmaker, and passer, especially for a Six foot NINE player, but he didn't get better every year, and was all around like Scottie, and didn't win as many playoff games as Scottie did.
  2. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 03:411 edit
    One other thing about Scottie being "along for the ride", when Michael retired the first time, Pippen, in the following season, became only the second player in history to lead his team in scoring, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. All without Jordan there to "make him better" LOL
  3. cleveland ohio
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 05:23
    you are so right about Scotty!!!!!
  4. Standard membermonster truck
    Walleye Guy
    Gone fishin'
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 05:42
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Well of course. Pippen was also a big reason Jordan has the amount of success that he did.
    Yeah, Jordan would've sucked without.....

......what was his name again?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    27 Feb '07 07:12
    Originally posted by monster truck
    Yeah, Jordan would've sucked without.....

......what was his name again?
    Look at the Lakers lately to see what a hotdogger without backup can accomplish.
  6. Joined
    28 Sep '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 04:00
    hahahaha i can't believe most of this stemmed from a comment I made. I have to confess that I dont really follow basketball all that closely, I figured the statement would fire some people up, and it did. All the basketball I know is from what i happen to catch on sportscenter between highlights of the sports I really want to watch. sorry guys.
  7. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 04:24
    Originally posted by Hypa
    He is not MAYBE a top 50.

He's in the Top 10, Top 15.

And if it wasn't for Jordan getting all the limelight, Scottie would have like 90% of all the fame and acclaim that Michael got.

He and Michael were just two of a kind.

Yes Magic Johnson was a great playmaker, and passer, especially for a Six foot NINE player, but he didn't get better every year, and was all around like Scottie, and didn't win as many playoff games as Scottie did.
    Scottie Pipin wouldn't make a pimple on Jordans behind. Scottie and Luc Longley. two sorry individuals with six rings who shouldn't have any but for the luck of the draw they got on the team with Jordan. Pippin didn't do squat when he was alone at the Bulls or with Portland.
  8. Joined
    25 Feb '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 10:25
    Pippen was a good player. But serious, if you put any run of the mill all-star on MJ's team, don't you think there going to win some championships. There are so many better players that have played in the league and that are in the league right now who would be racking up rings if they had the chance to play with Jordan.
  9. Joined
    27 Mar '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '07 11:301 edit
    It's also worth noting that, in 1994, the first year of Jordan's first retirement, Pippen, Horace Grant and BJ Armstrong all made the East All Star team... all without having Jordan there to "make them better".

EDIT: That was Armstrong's only All Star appearance in 11 NBA seasons. And it was Grant's only All Star appearance in 17 NBA seaons. Pippen was the reason for both of those guys being there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree