Saints are doomed!

Saints are doomed!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

6yd box

Moves
01 May 09

Originally posted by znsho
What are we gonna do? How does the club build itself up again?
so sad- only 6 years ago they were in the FA cup final!

Hristos voskrese

feckin' 'ell

Moves
02 May 09

What are we gonna do? How does the club build itself up again?
It can't, the big clubs and their spending have seen to that, billionaires buying big clubs for bragging rights then spending stupid amounts of money on half decent players, pushing the good players price out of reach from 99% of other clubs, I live near Mansfield and every other person is a Manchester United fan not for any other reason other than it's fashionable to be so. I'm a Newcastle United fan and to be honest I'm looking forward to next season if we do get relegated (i would prefer to stay up) it will give them time to find some players that will work hard for the club and genuinely want be there, hopefully Mike Ashley dissaperars as well.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
02 May 09

Originally posted by leestatic
It can't, the big clubs and their spending have seen to that, billionaires buying big clubs for bragging rights then spending stupid amounts of money on half decent players, pushing the good players price out of reach from 99% of other clubs, I live near Mansfield and every other person is a Manchester United fan not for any other reason other than it's fa ...[text shortened]... rk hard for the club and genuinely want be there, hopefully Mike Ashley dissaperars as well.
Just make sure you don't get a Harry RedKidknapper come to your club rape your academy sell you best players take you down and leave taking with him the rest of the decent players.

Managers like so many occupations now should be given a trial period of ten games... results or you are out pal!

Players too. - No booze - lose - No dosh and clubs should retain sponsorship rights of all players - the clubs get the money and the players do as they are told and get given what they earn. Individual player managers can take a hike - They should get back to earning a crust and stop being treated as movie stars.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
04 May 09

3-0 loss to forest to end this nightmare season.

The only hope now is for a new owner with the sense to sweep the broom and rid of the lot and to rebuild from scratch.

z

Moves
04 May 09

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
3-0 loss to forest to end this nightmare season.

The only hope now is for a new owner with the sense to sweep the broom and rid of the lot and to rebuild from scratch.
What happened to all the money we got from the sale of our top players?

Still no buyer. Can Southampton really not have a football team? Who are we going to support? Romsey? Swaythling? Eastleigh?

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
06 May 09

What happened to all the money we got from the sale of our top players?

Still no buyer. Can Southampton really not have a football team? Who are we going to support? Romsey? Swaythling? Eastleigh?
Le Tiss is in talks with a consortium of property developer mates.. plus three other serious buyers in due diligence process. Looking hopeful.

I'm confident Saints FC is such a bargain with brilliant facilities that it'll sell well. The team itself in theory could operate where ever theirs a field to play on so they live through it though I doubt if the FA would let them host teams on the common :-p

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
06 May 09

Providing the Matt Le Tissier deal works then they will emerge as a strong club again.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
07 May 09

Two bids on the table, both groups meeting with the administrator today for talks...
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4349530.Saints__There_are_two_bids/

May the one with the most money and fight win. (hope that's Le Tiss's mates)

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
18 May 09
1 edit

It now looks like the major consortia are out.

Can anyone say if any other club in recent times has been wound up?
Is this possible at Southampton?
Surely the stadium needs a home club to operate.. ie a business would be unlikely to run it as a venue without football?

By my way of thinking if they wound up SFC the newish St Mary's Stadium would be a real white elephant.

4pm today uk time is the last chance for Le Tiss and Co - then it's over to the minor business interests.

This is shocking for Saints and abysmal that it can happen in England and all the league bosses were concerned about was docking ten points for financial mismanagement..

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
18 May 09

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
It now looks like the major consortia are out.

Can anyone say if any other club in recent times has been wound up?
Is this possible at Southampton?
Surely the stadium needs a home club to operate.. ie a business would be unlikely to run it as a venue without football?

By my way of thinking if they wound up SFC the newish St Mary's Stadium would be ...[text shortened]... ll the league bosses were concerned about was docking ten points for financial mismanagement..
Were Gretna not wound up ??

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
19 May 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
Were Gretna not wound up ??
I had never heard of them but found this on BBC:
Gretna FC went bust last summer but a new club was formed and has been competing in the East of Scotland League, playing home games in Annan.
Gretna's Raydale Park ground could not be used because it was in the hands of administrators.
The ground has now been sold and the new owners have let Gretna 2008 return until the end of the season.
The first fixture is on Saturday against Gala Fairydean.
Club chairman Anton Hodge said it capped a rollercoaster period for football in the town.
"Just over a year ago we were still playing in the Scottish Premier League," he said.
"Then we were faced with watching the demise of our football club."
Mr Hodge said Gretna 2008 were delighted to move the few miles back along the A75 from Annan.
"Our longer term aim was to be getting back playing at Raydale and we have managed to get that now so that's great," he said.
The new owners of Raydale Park, Sawtry (loM) Limited, have not revealed their long-term plans for the ground but have allowed Gretna 2008 to play there until the end of the season.
Raydale Park has not hosted league football since 2007.
Gretna FC used Motherwell's Fir Park for their home fixtures during their single season in the SPL.

Six dreadful years since saints left the Prem.
Today Leon Crouch paid lots of cash to help towards the wage bill hoping to buy the administrator more time to broker a deal. Thanks Mr Crouch

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
19 May 09

What gets me is the cynical way the 10-point deduction will operate. If we do not end up in the bottom three, then the ten points are deducted this season. If we are officially relegated, we start next season off with minus 10 points.

We should never have got rid of the Dell. The Dell was our strength.
I thought le Tissier's retirement was more of a blow. Wasn't he the one who always kept you up anyway, no disrespect intended.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
19 May 09

Originally posted by asromacalcio
I thought le Tissier's retirement was more of a blow. Wasn't he the one who always kept you up anyway, no disrespect intended.
Le Tissier was just an era. There have been many. The latest era is of greed and /or egos at the board harbouring grand plans that failed. Money they didn't have, spent on facilities we didn't need. Meanwhile They sold the assets from the real strength.. the academy. The football fan community in the region have a right to feel raped. It only takes a rotten apple to ruin the barrel.

Fans everywhere should beware; if you aren't in the rich tops prem clubs this could probably happen to your club. You need very rich backers and sensible home talent in business and on the field to run a club. The Strength of the top six clubs is that overall mix.. mega bucks and lots of ppl that care enough to keep the academies strong.

Saints fed many and now starves.

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
20 May 09

Sounds like Crewe Alex, in many ways. Hope you bounce back soon.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
20 May 09

Originally posted by asromacalcio
Sounds like Crewe Alex, in many ways. Hope you bounce back soon.
could be us a little further down the track i think. I want to hold on to some optimism as long as I can 🙂

Looking in the Echo paper I can't believe how down people's general attitudes are depressed in the region. Not just footy but business, social, politics etc..

Perfect time for a big boost of arab oil money into the local economy or for a mega rich star to buy a flat in St Mary's.. lol that would cause a smile (or not..they may moan about that too.)