rooney and the FA

rooney and the FA

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
03 Apr 11

Swearing to the camera's after his hat trick against West Ham , not much of a role model to young kids watching !!🙄🙄

rc

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by phil3000
Swearing to the camera's after his hat trick against West Ham , not much of a role model to young kids watching !!🙄🙄
what bad thing did he say?

p

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what bad thing did he say?
After he scored his third goal he ran to the man utd supporters celebraiting with his team mates and then ,for some reason ,he turned to the camera's and started "efffing and blinding " . Strange kid !!!

rc

Moves
03 Apr 11
1 edit

After he scored his third goal he ran to the man utd supporters celebraiting with his team mates and then ,for some reason ,he turned to the camera's and started "efffing and blinding " . Strange kid !!!
ok, perhaps he is frustrated. There is certainly an intensity about Rooney, its tough
being an Englishman in the EPL, tooo much criticism from your own people. You gotta
admit his goals were rather excellent though. Although i love to watch Arsenal, for the
life of them they could not score, also was really really pleased for Hodgsons West
Brom it must have been immensely satisfying to beat Liverpool.

In your face

Moves
03 Apr 11
2 edits

And no other footballer in the history of English football has ever uttered a four letter word on a football pitch. Christ! The press make such a big deal out of it yet it is them broadcasting it on television sets everywhere whilst expressing such disgust at how bad it is for kids to see this. If it was so disgusting doesn't the media have any responsibility in all this not to show it again and again and again? Media circus is a bloody joke in England. Is it this bad anywhere else in the world? (USA need not apply 🙂)

rc

Moves
03 Apr 11

Originally posted by jimslyp69
And no other footballer in the history of English football has ever uttered a four letter word on a football pitch. Christ! The press make such a big deal out of it yet it is them broadcasting it on television sets everywhere whilst expressing such disgust at how bad it is for kids to see this. If it was so disgusting doesn't the media have any responsibil ...[text shortened]... is a bloody joke in England. Is it this bad anywhere else in the world? (USA need not apply 🙂)
I think it is more the why he did it rather than what was actually said Jimsy, to be
honest. He had just scored a goal after all, he should have been happy, so why the
expletives?

s

Moves
04 Apr 11

I think it is more the why he did it rather than what was actually said Jimsy, to be
honest. He had just scored a goal after all, he should have been happy, so why the
expletives?
That was a rather ugly display. I cannot for the world understand why it is expedient to let loose a torrent of expletives when he should have been elated! What a loser. If he were a Yank he'd be hanging with Vick and Dz Bryant, wearing saggy pants and lots of bling!

p

Moves
04 Apr 11

Originally posted by jimslyp69
And no other footballer in the history of English football has ever uttered a four letter word on a football pitch. Christ! The press make such a big deal out of it yet it is them broadcasting it on television sets everywhere whilst expressing such disgust at how bad it is for kids to see this. If it was so disgusting doesn't the media have any responsibil ...[text shortened]... is a bloody joke in England. Is it this bad anywhere else in the world? (USA need not apply 🙂)
He must of had it drummed into him several times about his attitude on the pitch .
Maybe all his money has gone to his head and he thinks he can get away with anything he likes !!!! .It wasn't just a four letter word on the pitch it was directed soley towards a camera . You could say he is a loose cannon but i think he thinks "what the hell i still get my £200,000+ a week whatever i do "

E
YNWA

Moves
04 Apr 11
1 edit

ok, perhaps he is frustrated. There is certainly an intensity about Rooney, its tough
being an Englishman in the EPL, tooo much criticism from your own people.
How much criticism did Alan Shearer, Peter Shilton, Gary Lineker and Bryan Robson get?

In your face

Moves
04 Apr 11

He must of had it drummed into him several times about his attitude on the pitch .
Maybe all his money has gone to his head and he thinks he can get away with anything he likes !!!! .It wasn't just a four letter word on the pitch it was directed soley towards a camera . You could say he is a loose cannon but i think he thinks "what the hell i still get my £200,000+ a week whatever i do "
Fair comment. I didn't actually see the unedited comment he made so I can't really argue too strongly about it. I do agree though that he has had a crap attitude as of late. Not sure if it's because of pressure, his personal life or he just has, well, a crap attitude. We did see this disappear two or three seasons ago and he appeared to be maturing into a professional. Now all of his vices seem to have reared their ugly heads again. Every game he is displaying petulance. Not good!

Moves
06 Apr 11

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
How much criticism did Alan Shearer, Peter Shilton, Gary Lineker and Bryan Robson get?
Dunno... how many bookings did Lineker manage to get, again? And how abuot Rooney?

Richard

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Apr 11

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
Too boring, too old, too wimpy, too senile.

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Apr 11

What is it with the PC brigage, that they think footballers want to be role models to young kids?

When I go on the pitch (on an entirely different level), I think of nothing apart from competing.

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Apr 11

Was he swearing at the camera or at the camera man (who apparently asked him to kiss the camera)?

Not a nice sight, but if we're being honest, swearing is part and parcel of the game, and lip readers are treated to worse than this every game that is televised.

D

p

Moves
06 Apr 11

Originally posted by Ragnorak
What is it with the PC brigage, that they think footballers want to be role models to young kids?

When I go on the pitch (on an entirely different level), I think of nothing apart from competing.

D
I can assure you one thing Ragga's ,the PC brigade can go to hell for me !!
I used to think Rooney had it all at one time ,now though ,i think he is just an average player . I really think the money has gone to his head ,i think that he thinks he is untouchable . When a player takes the ball of Rooney you can seee a foul coming up a mile away !! Its written across his face "how dare you take the ball of me " . I wouldn't be suprised if he gets sent off tonight playing against Chelsea !!