Reds Win the World Series thread

Reds Win the World Series thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Sep 12

Reds have been playing a bit sluggishly lately with the big lead, but they've gotten the magic number down to 5 and trail the Nats for the best record by only 1 1/2 games. They won in 11 yesterday with Broxton getting the save. After a rocky start with the Reds he's been gold for the last 3 weeks; 10 appearances, 10 IP, 0 runs, 10 Ks and 1 BB.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
Reds have been playing a bit sluggishly lately with the big lead, but they've gotten the magic number down to 5 and trail the Nats for the best record by only 1 1/2 games. They won in 11 yesterday with Broxton getting the save. After a rocky start with the Reds he's been gold for the last 3 weeks; 10 appearances, 10 IP, 0 runs, 10 Ks and 1 BB.
You may need him unless they can breathe some life back into Chapman's arm again.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 Sep 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
You may need him unless they can breathe some life back into Chapman's arm again.
We're going to need him as an 8th inning guy in any event, but Chapman's shoulder (not arm) seems to be getting better. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8379068/cincinnati-reds-closer-aroldis-chapman-says-tired-shoulder-better

The Reds are probably going to be very cautious with his use nonetheless over the last two weeks with such a big lead. But I'd expect him to be closing again soon.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
17 Sep 12

We're going to need him as an 8th inning guy in any event, but Chapman's shoulder (not arm) seems to be getting better. http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8379068/cincinnati-reds-closer-aroldis-chapman-says-tired-shoulder-better

The Reds are probably going to be very cautious with his use nonetheless over the last two weeks with such a big lead. But I'd expect him to be closing again soon.
I think you would agree, without Chapman, the Reds have a problem.
Obviously Broxton is not chopped liver, be he also isn't Chapman.

Did you notice those AAA players in Houston took 3 of 4 from the Phillies on the
heels of taking a series with the Reds in Cincy?

Not sure how long it will last, but some of these kids want to stay up here.

rc

Moves
18 Sep 12

I think you would agree, without Chapman, the Reds have a problem.
Obviously Broxton is not chopped liver, be he also isn't Chapman.

Did you notice those AAA players in Houston took 3 of 4 from the Phillies on the
heels of taking a series with the Reds in Cincy?

Not sure how long it will last, but some of these kids want to stay up here.
all this jive talk concerning a game of rounders.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
18 Sep 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
all this jive talk concerning a game of rounders.
crawl back into your cesspool you scourge of sheepkind!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Sep 12

Reds B team beats the Cubs giving Cueto his 18th win. Magic Number down to 2.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Sep 12

Reds B team beats the Cubs giving Cueto his 18th win. Magic Number down to 2.
Congrats on the Reds making the playoffs.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Sep 12

Cubs tie it in the 9th with two outs on a Darwin Barney HR and then walk off in the 10th also with two outs.

Reds can clinch the division tonight.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Sep 12

One opportunity missed; despite another fine start by Bronson Arroyo (plus he knocked in our only run), the Reds fall to the Dodgers 3-1 in 10 innings. They'll get a chance to clinch today on national TV as the Fox Game of the week at 4.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Sep 12

Latos goes 8 shutout innings, Bruce and BP homer and Aroldis Chapman makes his return with a scoreless ninth and the Reds win 6-0. Division clinched.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
23 Sep 12

Latos goes 8 shutout innings, Bruce and BP homer and Aroldis Chapman makes his return with a scoreless ninth and the Reds win 6-0. Division clinched.
Congrats. Is Dusty back from the hospital yet, or is Chris Speier still running the club?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
23 Sep 12

Congrats. Is Dusty back from the hospital yet, or is Chris Speier still running the club?
Speier managed again yesterday. It sounds like Dusty might not be back for a few more days. Shame he wasn't with them when they clinched.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
23 Sep 12

Speier managed again yesterday. It sounds like Dusty might not be back for a few more days. Shame he wasn't with them when they clinched.
I guess there is something more than an irregular heartbeat the doctors are
concerned with. I am sure the stress of a pennant race has not been great on him.
I hope he is able to get past this, and get back into the dugout.

w

Moves
26 Sep 12
1 edit

I guess there is something more than an irregular heartbeat the doctors are
concerned with. I am sure the stress of a pennant race has not been great on him.
I hope he is able to get past this, and get back into the dugout.
I heard Dusty had a mini stroke.

Even he can't believe their success it seems. 😛

Prayers go out to ya Dusty.