Rays and Marlins

Rays and Marlins

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
06 Jul 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
To repeat what is painfully obvious by comparing the amount of payroll to the standings this year and in past years: NO amount of money spent on payroll guarantees you a spot in the playoffs. You can keep claiming it does all you want, but that is at variance with the facts (not that being at variance with facts ever stopped you from claiming rubbish before).
There may be no guarantee, however, there is a much greater likelyhood that you will make the playoffs. That is ALL I am saying. It is like saying you can go to Vegas and strike it rich. Sure you can, but the odds are not in your favor.

d

Moves
07 Jul 08

The Rays are for real. But don't worry, guys, I'll save some spots on the bandwagon for ya's...

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
07 Jul 08
2 edits

Originally posted by darvlay
The Rays are for real. But don't worry, guys, I'll save some spots on the bandwagon for ya's...
I'm on board. The Yanks can't come back, in my opinion, so Boston and the Rays will both be there. Not sure who will win the division, but they'll both be there.

Edited for retardedness.

d

Moves
07 Jul 08

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
If the Rays' dominance over the Red Sox continues, it won't be much of an ALC(D)S, though.
Season series between the Rays and Sox is even at 6-6. The Rays were swept twice in Fenway. The Sox were swept twice at Tropicana.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
07 Jul 08

Season series between the Rays and Sox is even at 6-6. The Rays were swept twice in Fenway. The Sox were swept twice at Tropicana.
Doh! I guess that makes it the exact opposite of what I said, then. Interesting.

Question: Who is more capable of getting a win at the opponents field?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Jul 08

Doh! I guess that makes it the exact opposite of what I said, then. Interesting.

Question: Who is more capable of getting a win at the opponents field?
BOLD PREDICTION ALERT!!!

They'll both be looking at the Yankees' rich, fat asses when the season ends.

d

Moves
07 Jul 08

Who is more capable of getting a win at the opponents field?
I think either team is capable. Can't say who is more capable though.

Tampa - 19W and 19L on the road
Boston - 21W and 29L on the road

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Jul 08
1 edit

The Rays play 17 of their last 27 on the road and their ten home games are against the Yankees, Red Sox and Twins. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/teamSchedule?categoryId=71616&month=9

They're an exciting team to watch, but I just don't think they have the experience to survive such a tough September.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
07 Jul 08
1 edit

They're an exciting team to watch, but I just don't think they have the experience to survive such a tough September.
Good point. The Brewers were in the same position last year.

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
08 Jul 08

BOLD PREDICTION ALERT!!!

They'll both be looking at the Yankees' rich, fat asses when the season ends.
Providing the Yankers don't dig themselves too much of a hole.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Jul 08

Originally posted by Derfel Cadarn
Providing the Yankers don't dig themselves too much of a hole.
Winning the next two against the Rays would be nice; losing both might bury them.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Jul 08

Yankees smack the Rays 5-0 behind 8 innings of shutout ball by Petitte and a big, 2 out, 2 run double by Jeter coupled with a rally killing play in the hole by the Captain (who has no range according to Bill James).

d

Moves
09 Jul 08

Yankees smack the Rays 5-0 behind 8 innings of shutout ball by Petitte and a big, 2 out, 2 run double by Jeter coupled with a rally killing play in the hole by the Captain (who has no range according to Bill James).
Bill James is a hack.

What a year Pettitte and Mussina are having, I must say...

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
09 Jul 08
1 edit

Bill James is a hack.

What a year Pettitte and Mussina are having, I must say...
The Juice & The Moose are on the loose running from the noose with Steinbrenner chasing them to give them a goose!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
09 Jul 08
1 edit

Yanks win a thrilla in 10 innings, 2-1 on Abreu's walk-off double scoring (who else?) Derek Jeter. The Bomber run to the top of the division and the Ray collapse have both started.