Rafa wins French #8!!

Rafa wins French #8!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jun 13

And what was up with the flare salesman?

t

Moves
09 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
I think Serena was more impressive with her dominance in the womens french open. She only lost one set throughout and she is 31!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Unfortunately for me tennis has become a bit of a farce. The ITF's own published statistics show that in 2011 only 131 blood tests were carried out across both the men's and women's game (in and out of competiton), in 2012 the number rose slightly to 187. The sport doesn't have an effective doping control program and I believe the use of performance enhancing drugs is rife, as it probably is in most professional sport.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
10 Jun 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Unfortunately for me tennis has become a bit of a farce. The ITF's own published statistics show that in 2011 only 131 blood tests were carried out across both the men's and women's game (in and outnof competiton), in 2012 the number rose slightly to 187. The sport doesn't have an effective doping control program and I believe the use of performance enhancing drugs is rife, as it probably is in most professional sport.
Are you suggesting that Rafa is the Lance Armstrong of tennis?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Jun 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Are you suggesting that Rafa is the Lance Armstrong of tennis?
No.

If I was a betting man, which I sometimes am, I would put money on him using PED's, along with a lot of players. Until the ITF implements a rigorous drug testing program, which at the moment it doesn't have, then I think everyone is suspect, with some more than others.

t

Moves
10 Jun 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Unfortunately for me tennis has become a bit of a farce. The ITF's own published statistics show that in 2011 only 131 blood tests were carried out across both the men's and women's game (in and out of competiton), in 2012 the number rose slightly to 187. The sport doesn't have an effective doping control program and I believe the use of performance enhancing drugs is rife, as it probably is in most professional sport.
That doesnt mean much. How many ranked in the top 25 were tested and how often? Nobody really cares if some nobody who rarely wins anything is taking PEDs so if those tests were concentrated on those winning multiple events, especially grand slams, then that number isnt too bad.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Jun 13

Originally posted by tomtom232
That doesnt mean much. How many ranked in the top 25 were tested and how often? Nobody really cares if some nobody who rarely wins anything is taking PEDs so if those tests were concentrated on those winning multiple events, especially grand slams, then that number isnt too bad.
I have the stats, but I have to go for now. In the meantime, compare cycling to tennis. In 2011 the UCI carried out 3,314 out-of-competition blood tests, tennis managed 21.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
10 Jun 13

I test myself everyday just to be safe and send the sample to Stevie Wonder for analysis.