Phillies

Phillies

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Oct 08

Originally posted by PocketKings
Bring on the Rays!! Phils in 5
Don't bet the farm on that one. I think this one is going down to the wire. It will be fun to watch though.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
22 Oct 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Don't bet the farm on that one. I think this one is going down to the wire. It will be fun to watch though.
I, for one, am very excited to watch this series. This could be the first championship in philly that I'm old enough to have a memory of.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
22 Oct 08

I, for one, am very excited to watch this series. This could be the first championship in philly that I'm old enough to have a memory of.
You're not old enough to remember the one in 1980?

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
22 Oct 08

Originally posted by SmookieP
You're not old enough to remember the one in 1980?
I was 1

s

Moves
22 Oct 08

Agreed. Looking forward to Hamels vs. Kazmir tonight. Unfortunately I expect the ratings to be dismal.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
22 Oct 08

Originally posted by searcy1977
Agreed. Looking forward to Hamels vs. Kazmir tonight. Unfortunately I expect the ratings to be dismal.
Actually, when you look at the pitching matchups for all four games they are relatively even. The difference will be in the bullpens. If the Tampa Bay hitters can lay off of Lidge's slider out of the zone and force him to throw it for strikes, he is a different pitcher, and he is beatable. I have seen it first hand. It will be interesting to see how Mr. Price adapts to the closer's role because I think he just inherited it for this series anyway.

The hitting for both clubs is pretty even IMO. The Phils have a tad more pop, but the Rays have more overall speed. Defense is good for both clubs with a slight edge to Tampa, Jimmy Rollins not withstanding.

It will be a new experience for both managers as well. I really think this has the earmarks of being a great series.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
26 Oct 08

Actually, when you look at the pitching matchups for all four games they are relatively even. The difference will be in the bullpens. If the Tampa Bay hitters can lay off of Lidge's slider out of the zone and force him to throw it for strikes, he is a different pitcher, and he is beatable. I have seen it first hand. It will be interesting to see how Mr. ...[text shortened]... ience for both managers as well. I really think this has the earmarks of being a great series.
Wow, up 2-1 in the world series! I was down in Ocean City, Maryland, for games 2 and 3, lots of phillies fans there for being 150 miles away, it was a blast. Back in philly now, and looking forward to making it 3-1 tonight 😉

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
26 Oct 08

Wow, up 2-1 in the world series! I was down in Ocean City, Maryland, for games 2 and 3, lots of phillies fans there for being 150 miles away, it was a blast. Back in philly now, and looking forward to making it 3-1 tonight 😉
Why weren't you at the yard men? I thought you were a fan. Fork up those bucks and see the games in person.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
29 Oct 08

Why weren't you at the yard men? I thought you were a fan. Fork up those bucks and see the games in person.
Seen many many games in person, including the division clincher. OC Maryland is an absolute blast. I had zero problems enjoying the games there. But you're right, it woujld great to be there, just not about to fork over a couple grand for something I can celebrate just as well at a crazy local pub.

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
29 Oct 08

We should be in the top of the 6th. Play should resume where the last full inning ended, take the rays 1 run off the board.
The bright side is that Hamels can still get the win if we score the go ahead runs before the next three outs, then keep the lead until the end.
What a freakin' mess, all this so TV can make money FU Rupert Murdoch and your f'd up right wing ditto headed fox network. Let's play ball in the daytime, so we can party at night.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
30 Oct 08

Phillies win! I'm not a philly fan, but an NL fan.. VERY exciting ending. I went to see the Marlins win in '03, no feeling like it!

Harvestor of Sorrow

knee deep in shit

Moves
30 Oct 08

Congrats to the Phillies!!! It's been a long time coming...

Been a fan since the late 80's in the days of Dykstra, Daulton, and Kruk.

How sweet it is...

Kill 'Em All,

Shane

d

Moves
30 Oct 08

Someone better file a pre-emptive Missing Persons report on PocketKings. The lucky bastid prolly went overload on the sauce on went on a looting spree last night. 😉

I
King of slow

Moves
30 Oct 08
1 edit

I found him...

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
30 Oct 08

I'm going to a parade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!