Ohio State vs Michigan

Ohio State vs Michigan

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
14 Nov 06

Even if there is no rematch between michigan and ohio state, there are teams other than rutgers that deserve to play in the championship. For example if a team like florida wins out. It will have played four teams that finish in the top 13). While Rutgers if it wins out will have only played one (maybe two if west virginia stays above 13) plus the other games florida plays are far more impressive than the garbage that is the big east. It is great that rugers is undefeated but to me it is more impressive to have only 1 loss and be in a top conference and so far it seems that the polls agree with my line of thinking.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
14 Nov 06
1 edit

Given the fact that Michigan beat Notre Dame and Arkansas lost to USC; the only logical choices to play Michigan in the championship game are:

Rutgers
USC
Florida
and
Ohio State.

I don't know how you keep Ohio State out of the Game if they can keep it close versus Michigan in their first meeting.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by Red Night
Given the fact that Michigan beat Notre Dame and Arkansas lost to USC; the only logical choices to play Michigan in the championship game are:

Rutgers
USC
Florida
and
Ohio State.

I don't know how you keep Ohio State out of the Game if they can keep it close versus Michigan in their first meeting.
Because they would have already lost to them?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 06
2 edits

Originally posted by leepound
Even if there is no rematch between michigan and ohio state, there are teams other than rutgers that deserve to play in the championship. For example if a team like florida wins out. It will have played four teams that finish in the top 13). While Rutgers if it wins out will have only played one (maybe two if west virginia stays above 13) plus the other g ...[text shortened]... ss and be in a top conference and so far it seems that the polls agree with my line of thinking.
I don't know what season you're watching, but Florida has played two teams in the top 15, beating LSU and losing to Auburn. They've also played Central Florida and are playing Western Carolina this week. http://www.bcsfootball.org/cfb/teamSchedule?statsId=67

Rutgers also beat Illinois 33-0. Big deal; Illinois is 2-9, right? Well, they lost to Ohio State 17-10.

l

Moves
14 Nov 06

i don't know why i am defending florida (since i am a michigan fan) but i guess i think it is a joke to compare the SEC and the Big East. Florida won at Tennessee (who is still the #13 team in the nation) They beat LSU by 13 points and they are still #9; the lost to Auburn who was as high as #2 in the nation and they still have to play the SEC title game. Similarly Auburn has beaten two teams that are still in the top 6. Rugers has played North Carolina (1-9), Ohio, Howard, South Florida, U Conn and Navy. That's a joke (far more impressive actually if it were basketball). Play a top schedule BEFORE you play for a national championship.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by leepound
i don't know why i am defending florida (since i am a michigan fan) but i guess i think it is a joke to compare the SEC and the Big East. Florida won at Tennessee (who is still the #13 team in the nation) They beat LSU by 13 points and they are still #9; the lost to Auburn who was as high as #2 in the nation and they still have to play the SEC title game. ...[text shortened]... ally if it were basketball). Play a top schedule BEFORE you play for a national championship.
The BCS standings are here: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

Between Rutgers and Florida, one of the two teams has beaten a top ten BCS team. Guess who it is?

p

Moves
14 Nov 06

what is Rutgers second best win?
Michigan blew out Notre Dame
Ohio state won at Texas
USC destroyed Auburn

Rutgers has one good win. that's not enough for me.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by poundlee
what is Rutgers second best win?
Michigan blew out Notre Dame
Ohio state won at Texas
USC destroyed Auburn

Rutgers has one good win. that's not enough for me.
All this is contingent on them winning the rest of their games. That would include beating West Virginia (at WVU). So they would be unbeaten with victories over two Top Ten teams. Why exactly is that not good enough?

p

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
All this is contingent on them winning the rest of their games. That would include beating West Virginia. So they would be unbeaten with victories over two Top Ten teams. Why exactly is that not good enough?
if they beat west virginia then they are not a top 10 team anymore. If you count it when they play then the SEC has more top ten games. Similarly the winner of the Notre Dame - USC game has more top ten games. Still this is only part of the issue. Look at the whole schedule and Rutgers has no OTHER games that are impressive.

FL

over there

Moves
14 Nov 06

Troy Smith is having problems with his thumb. Also, if he loses, he probably wont get the Heisman trophy. Michigan on the other hand, is lookin really good.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
14 Nov 06

The BCS standings are here: http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

Between Rutgers and Florida, one of the two teams has beaten a top ten BCS team. Guess who it is?
Rutgers has had a great season. I think they'll have trouble getting pas WVU and make the whole thing moot. But, presuming they are undefeated then they may deserve to go to the title game, but they won't.

The system will send some one else. One of the big name schools: either USC, OSU, or Florida.

I think florida would be a great choice! But, if OSU can keep it close, they probably deserve a second chance.

BTW, are you still making sports predicitions after your stunningly blunderous AL predictions. I believe the Tigers went to the world Series.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by Red Night
Rutgers has had a great season. I think they'll have trouble getting pas WVU and make the whole thing moot. But, presuming they are undefeated then they may deserve to go to the title game, but they won't.

The system will send some one else. One of the big name schools: either USC, OSU, or Florida.

I think florida would be a great choice! But, if ...[text shortened]... ter your stunningly blunderous AL predictions. I believe the Tigers went to the world Series.
Don't be ridiculous; I'd say my predictions in the Tiger Collapse Watch thread were stunningly accurate. After all, when the thread started the Tigers were 12 games ahead at the beginning of August and did manage to lose their division. How many people predicted that on August 1? It's easy to "predict" what everybody else is; I choose to be a little more visionary.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by poundlee
if they beat west virginia then they are not a top 10 team anymore. If you count it when they play then the SEC has more top ten games. Similarly the winner of the Notre Dame - USC game has more top ten games. Still this is only part of the issue. Look at the whole schedule and Rutgers has no OTHER games that are impressive.
Again, Rutgers would be unbeaten and no one else except the winner of the OSU-Michigan game would be. Rutgers would have two big wins against quality teams and at the tail end of the season. Skipping over them to play a rematch game would be a travesty.

w

Moves
14 Nov 06

Rematches are ridiculous; if the no1 team has already beaten the no2 what is the point of playing them again? If Rutgers winds up beating two top ten teams in a month what's the problem with their "strength of schedule"?

EDIT: Contrary to your statement, Rutgers is currently no2 in the average computer rankings. http://msn.foxsports.com/id/6163830_37_1.pdf
Coach Tressel said today that he thought that both teams should not play again January 8th. He said that the winners of each conference should have the right to go to the championship game and I agree with him. I thought that was pretty brave of him considering that if OSU looses they would be the only ones that might be given the chance to play again Jan. 8th. If that team up north looses its over for them and we know they will loose. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Nov 06

Originally posted by whodey
Coach Tressel said today that he thought that both teams should not play again January 8th. He said that the winners of each conference should have the right to go to the championship game and I agree with him. I thought that was pretty brave of him considering that if OSU looses they would be the only ones that might be given the chance to play again Jan. ...[text shortened]... h. If that team up north looses its over for them and we know they will loose. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!
I don't think OSU will lose to Michigan. I don't think Rutgers will run the table (I think it's quite possible they lose to Cincinnati this week). I think the winner of the USC-Notre Dame game will play OSU for the title.