NZ World Record in Soccer!!!

NZ World Record in Soccer!!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
18 Aug 07

Rather on the end of it 🙁

The Youth All Whites have suffered a 7-nil defeat at the hands of Brazil.

New Zealand earned themselves the unwanted share of a world football speed record in the match, with Brazil scoring the fastest goal in World Cup history.

Brazil's17-year-old striker Fabinho latched on to a long-ball, expertly flicked on by midfielder Alex almost directly from kickoff, to leave advancing New Zealand stopper Jacob Gleeson helpless just nine seconds into the match.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
19 Aug 07

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
Rather on the end of it 🙁

The Youth All Whites have suffered a 7-nil defeat at the hands of Brazil.

New Zealand earned themselves the unwanted share of a world football speed record in the match, with Brazil scoring the fastest goal in World Cup history.

Brazil's17-year-old striker Fabinho latched on to a long-ball, expertly flicked on by midfiel ...[text shortened]... to leave advancing New Zealand stopper Jacob Gleeson helpless just nine seconds into the match.
I thought Ricardo Olivera still had the current record. He scored in 2.8 seconds with a short straight from kick-off.

There was supposedly a non-league team in the English leagues that did it in 2.0 flat but I don't think it was ever properly officiated.

m

Moves
19 Aug 07
1 edit

San Marino scored in 8.3 seconds against England in a World Cup qualifier. This new one is the fastest in a finals though.

m

Moves
19 Aug 07

By the way..."stopper"?

s

6yd box

Moves
19 Aug 07

Youth football records dont really count guys!!

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
20 Aug 07

Originally posted by mtthw
By the way..."stopper"?
Lol.. I just cut and paste it.. choked on it as I did it too... no tears though haha

s

Moves
22 Aug 07

A stopper's the guy in front of a sweeper...