Notre Dame: BCS Contender?

Notre Dame: BCS Contender?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Oct 12

After a thrilling win against Stanford, the Irish are up to 5th in the BCS rankings and the AP/USA polls. Their defense hasn't given up a TD in the last four games, 3 of those against teams that were rated in the Top 20 when the games were played. Granted their offense isn't particularly good but they've done enough to get the job done.

In two weeks they are at Oklahoma and they end the season at USC. Certainly if they run the table, they'll get a shot at the title. Can they do it?

t

Moves
15 Oct 12

No.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
16 Oct 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
After a thrilling win against Stanford, the Irish are up to 5th in the BCS rankings and the AP/USA polls. Their defense hasn't given up a TD in the last four games, 3 of those against teams that were rated in the Top 20 when the games were played. Granted their offense isn't particularly good but they've done enough to get the job done.

In ...[text shortened]... on at USC. Certainly if they run the table, they'll get a shot at the title. Can they do it?
Playing the Sooners away will certainly be the biggest test so far.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Oct 12

Trap game with a BYU team that hung in against Oregon state until the last 5 minutes.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 Oct 12

Irish struggle but get the win. They'll obviously have to perform better if they are going to have a chance to beat the Sooners next weeks. Golson will be back to play QB; Rees looked pretty awful today.

JO

Moves
22 Oct 12

October, 1966 ..... Notre Dame at Oklahoma's Homecoming ..... Both teams undefeated ..... Final Score: ND 38 Okla 0 .....
I know it don't mean squat in 2012, but it's still a great memory from my freshman year at ND!

w

Moves
23 Oct 12

The Irish have a few more days to enjoy their undefeated season. I just hope they don't get embarrassed this weekend.

s

Moves
24 Oct 12

Irish cannot let a very good OU get up on them and need to stop slacking in first half of games. Mighty tough test coming for them. They ought to count themselves lucky they go to OU and not KSU!

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
24 Oct 12

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Irish cannot let a very good OU get up on them and need to stop slacking in first half of games. Mighty tough test coming for them. They ought to count themselves lucky they go to OU and not KSU!
I agree. Kansas State is frickin' loaded!

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
24 Oct 12

What's this? My man pulling for a pro-life football team? I love it.

Irish all the way. I don't think they'll get the look for the big game - everybody wants them there but I don't think they're better than K-State. Probably better than Oregon. If they can pull it off against Oklahoma, and they can, they can beat USC and roll in to the bowl games 12-0. The season is Saturday.

s

Moves
26 Oct 12

Originally posted by sasquatch672
What's this? My man pulling for a pro-life football team? I love it.

Irish all the way. I don't think they'll get the look for the big game - everybody wants them there but I don't think they're better than K-State. Probably better than Oregon. If they can pull it off against Oklahoma, and they can, they can beat USC and roll in to the bowl games 12-0. The season is Saturday.
I am rooting for the Irish only because I hate OU, but doubt Irish can pull this one off!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Oct 12

Irish whip the Sooners. 30-13. Good chance they'll be up to #3 in the BCS.

w

Moves
28 Oct 12

Congrats to the Irish. It seems I underestimated them. I guess the last test will be against USC in their last game of the season.

Even though they have improved, I dare say I don't envy them going up against Alabama, but I guess they need a sacrificial lamb of some sort, so why not the Irish?

s

Moves
28 Oct 12

Originally posted by whodey
Congrats to the Irish. It seems I underestimated them. I guess the last test will be against USC in their last game of the season.

Even though they have improved, I dare say I don't envy them going up against Alabama, but I guess they need a sacrificial lamb of some sort, so why not the Irish?
I was stunned by the awesome defensive performance. Seems like OU never got the swagger back after that botched snap. They never looked the same! Hats off to the Irish!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 Nov 12

A most unimpressive performance by the Irish barely pulling off a narrow win in 3 OTs against a so-so Pitt team. Oregon and K-State both won impressively so I think this will drop ND in the BCS and mean that two of the teams in front of them will have to lose for them to have any chance of getting to the Championship game even if they run the table.