Not Fit To Wear The Shirt...

Not Fit To Wear The Shirt...

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E
YNWA

Moves
29 Mar 07

McClaren shows he's got no backbone by pandering to public opinion and dropping Lampard!

He should be sacked immediately.

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
29 Mar 07

Mc Claren might not have been the right choice but we need to stick by him, and support him, until at least the end of this qualifying campaign. The taunts of the fans and the press dont help anyone.

There is no doubt that Gerrard plays better with more freedom. Although for the next game I would like Gerrard replace Rooney and Lampard and Hargreaves play centrally..

m

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
McClaren shows he's got no backbone by pandering to public opinion and dropping Lampard!

He should be sacked immediately.
Well, if he went and deliberately broke his wrist, then he probably should!

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
29 Mar 07

Can anyone remember a successful English Manager (club or country)? By that i mean a manager who is actually English... Venables perhaps, Bobby Robson....that's it! Those are the only two i can think of! Every club competition in England is won by foreign managers. When are we going to start dealing with this situation?If McClaren is the best England has to offer then you could fill all those England shirts with the Worlds 11 best players and we'd still be sh;t! He couldn't lead a group of 11 year olds in a park kick about. The players are just as bad, £10m+ each and they can't even muster enough individual skill to score against Andorra in 45 minutes of football. Shameful!

E
YNWA

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Can anyone remember a successful English Manager (club or country)?
What about THE most successful manager, (Sir) Bob Paisley?

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
29 Mar 07

On the international stage it would be a toss up between Roy Hodgson, Jack Charlton or Bobby Robson.

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
He couldn't lead a group of 11 year olds in a park kick about.
???

He took 'boro to a European final!!!

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by blade68
With the exceptions of Robinson (cos he had nowt to do), Lennon (cos at least he had a go in the first half), and Carragher (cos he'll give 100% even if he plays chess)....

The rest of 'em would never wear the shirt again as far as I'm concerned... bleeding prima donna's.
England have always sucked. What are you talking about?
They've always been over-paid, over-hyped and utterly rubbish (since I was born in 1971 anyways).

And England supporters have always been arrogant on the verge of stupidity as far as I can tell as well. Always blaming the manager, always blaming the players.
Instead of just accepting they're mediocre at best and sitting down to enjoy the game.

No wonder nobody likes the English when it comes to sports.

m
Y.N.W.A

Athens

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
I can't see any other result except a comfortable win, maybe 3-0 😵
Great prediction mate,

Can only LFC fans see how much Lampard hinders Gerrard in the current england set up?

It really does astonish me that other fans cannot see this 😞

m
Y.N.W.A

Athens

Moves
29 Mar 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy
Defending your players and motivating them is fair enough, but Mourinho's talking rubbish! (again)

I see Mr S Gerrard is on the scoresheet twice for England tonight. Guess he's enjoying not having to cover Frank's backside all night 😀
Too true mate,

MClaren needs to have he bottle where Sven didn't and start dropping big name players.

Pick on form alone and we may have a decent shot at qualification.

If McLaren carries on (or is allowed too carry on) with his team selection then we won't qualify, players won't get their bonuses and grass root football will miss out on their share of an estimate £100m loss revenue..

m

Moves
29 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by shavixmir
England have always sucked. What are you talking about?
They've always been over-paid, over-hyped and utterly rubbish (since I was born in 1971 anyways).
It does seem few people manage to be objective about England.

Fairly consistent qualification for World Cups. Consistent qualification for the second round once they're there. Quarter finals of the last three major tournaments. Personally, I'm quite happy with what they've achieved.

People who consider that underachieving are probably kidding themselves, but not as much as people who think that's "utter rubbish".

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
30 Mar 07

A couple of points:
I'm more than happy to jump on the 'bring back Beckham' bandwagon!

Hargreaves is not international class, he gets caught in possession far too often.

Rooney isn't performing at the moment.

Downing only gets a look in 'cos McClaren was his manager at 'Boro (ala Bobby Robson/Paul Mariner).

Discuss!

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
30 Mar 07

A couple of points:
I'm more than happy to jump on the 'bring back Beckham' bandwagon!

Hargreaves is not international class, he gets caught in possession far too often.

Rooney isn't performing at the moment.

Downing only gets a look in 'cos McClaren was his manager at 'Boro (ala Bobby Robson/Paul Mariner).

Discuss!
I'd rather have Lennon than Beckham on the right.
Hargreaves is the best holding midfielder we have. He gives Gerrard freedom.
Rooney is a luxury, but he is capable of magic so I say keep him - it isn't as if we have a multitude of strikers anyway.
Downing wouldn't be in my team either. I would play Gareth Barry but anyway Joe Cole will be back soon.

m

Moves
30 Mar 07

Forgotten the world cup already? He was clearly our best midfielder there.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
30 Mar 07

Originally posted by mtthw
Forgotten the world cup already? He was clearly our best midfielder there.
He was the only midfielder that showed any passion at the WC... I'll give you that.

However, I stated that he gets caught in possession, which has nothing to do with any past performances, or general ability, does it?

He's a battler, but he has no vision and can't shoot.