Nhl

Nhl

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS2

Moves
24 Sep 07

My prediction for the final four in the playoffs is

Ottawa
Pittsburgh

San Jose
Vancouver

Presidents trophy to Ottawa
Scoring to Crosby

S

Moves
09 Oct 07

Sid the Kid, and by extension the Pens as a whole, is all a bunch of hyped-up crap. Ovechkin out shined Crosby all last year and all the year before that. go ahead, watch their respective highlights. And this "next one" business is stupid. maybe he is, maybe he ain't; all i know is even so, that's a long way from now.

TD8

Moves
10 Oct 07

Originally posted by SnowDog
Sid the Kid, and by extension the Pens as a whole, is all a bunch of hyped-up crap. Ovechkin out shined Crosby all last year and all the year before that. go ahead, watch their respective highlights. And this "next one" business is stupid. maybe he is, maybe he ain't; all i know is even so, that's a long way from now.
Have you ever seen them play? How can he by hyped up? He is the youngest player in any pro sport to lead his respective league in scoring. Sid is on a different level. He will finish top in scoring probably every year for the neat ten years or so. At least 7-10 years at the top I bet...and certainly amongst the top players. He'll be 20-30 points ahead of #2 too.

I saw him play with Rimouski against the Halifax Mooseheads in the playoffs in the round before the memorial cup final and he scored three points in the first period alone. I came to the arena wondering if he'd live up to the hype and since then I have no choice but to believe it all. It looked like he was playing with children, and he went on the next year to the NHL to finish top in schoring as a teenager. You'd have to hate on him for some other reason, but his play on the ice from day one has given no indication that he's anything other than the best player since Wayne/Mario.

Forwards are in their prime at 27, giving him seven years to reach his peak. I know lots of players tear it up early in their careers then bust, but he's just too dominant. Unless he has health problems or concussions nothing on this planet can stop him.

Anyway, GO LEAFS GO and man I hope Blake is really as OK as he and the media say he is which I seriously doubt. I am still sad as hell about Blake --I can't even respond to the terrible game tonight as a result I think....

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
10 Oct 07

Originally posted by SnowDog
[b Ovechkin out shined Crosby all last year and all the year before that.
Post some stats to back up your ridiculous claim please😲

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
10 Oct 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Chaswray
Post some stats to back up your ridiculous claim please😲
Ovechkin marginally outplayed Crosby in year 1. Crosby clearly better in year 2. And not just indicated by points. If you watched the games in year 1 vs year 2 there was a marked improvement in crosby and a stagnation/deflation by Ovechkin. This can be attributted however to Washington's lack of a viable 2nd line and the improvement of Pittsburgh's second line in year 2. Teams couldn't simply focus on Crosby anymore.

Stats: Games played Goals Assists Points

Ovechkin

2005-2006 WAS 81 52 54 106
2006-2007 WAS 82 46 46 92

Crosby

2005-2006 PIT 81 39 63 102
2006-2007 PIT 79 36 84 120

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
10 Oct 07

Originally posted by uzless
Stats: Games played Goals Assists Points

Ovechkin

2005-2006 WAS 81 52 54 106
2006-2007 WAS 82 46 46 92

Crosby

2005-2006 PIT 81 39 63 102
2006-2007 PIT 79 36 84 120
I see two very good hockey players there. Not one outshining the other as the original poster implied😉

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
10 Oct 07

Originally posted by Chaswray
I see two very good hockey players there. Not one outshining the other as the original poster implied😉
They will both be hurt as soon as someone finally grows some balls and shatters the glass with their heads. They are weak. Thats something that bothers me about todays NHL, the weak people are way to protected and do to well. Hockey should not be for the weak.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
10 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by PocketKings
They will both be hurt as soon as someone finally grows some balls and shatters the glass with their heads. They are weak. Thats something that bothers me about todays NHL, the weak people are way to protected and do to well. Hockey should not be for the weak.
ya i love watching big slow guys dump the puck in and muck around in the corners and dump it in front and then have a crowd in front that somehow manage to poke it around until it bounces in off a skate. Now that's skill. Edge of the seat stuff.