NFL QB Question

NFL QB Question

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
08 Feb 07

What's the purpose of the QB hiking his leg just prior to the snap? It's legal??? Seems like this is the first season I've really noticed it. Actually to the point that it got on my nerves.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Frank Burns
What's the purpose of the QB hiking his leg just prior to the snap? It's legal??? Seems like this is the first season I've really noticed it. Actually to the point that it got on my nerves.
Perhaps it's just the first season you've seen Brady?

I would have to guess it most often happens on the road, it's a visual signal... since the crowd may drown out your audibles.

P-

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
08 Feb 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Perhaps it's just the first season you've seen Brady?

I would have to guess it most often happens on the road, it's a visual signal... since the crowd may drown out your audibles.

P-
Pretty much. Usually used when one of the players is supposed to go into motion, since they probably won't be able to hear either being behind or far to the sides of the QB.

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
08 Feb 07

Ah, now that makes sense. Thanks guys. I thought it was some ploy to force the defense into an offsides call.