NFL Playoffs: pick before looking

NFL Playoffs: pick before looking

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MC

Moves
14 Jan 14

Seahawks pats.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jan 14

Originally posted by Trev33
I think I'll be having a bet on the 49ers and Pat with their handicap.
Look for at least +6.5 -7.0 Points for NE; and +3.5 -4.0 Points for SF.

Note: My place of birth is about a 45 Minute Drive from the Patriot's Gillette Stadium and Home Town less than 15 Minutes.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Jan 14

Title Game NFL Playoff Lines 1/19, 2014

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total

1/19 3:00 ET At Denver -6.5 New England 54.5
1/19 6:30 ET At Seattle -3.5 San Francisco 39.5

[Picks in Bold]

d

Moves
14 Jan 14

I do as well TBH but I wouldn't consider Manning to be the best of his generation if the Broncos with it, he has some catching up to do.
Catching up to do?? Like what??

d

Moves
14 Jan 14

I do as well TBH but I wouldn't consider Manning to be the best of his generation if the Broncos with it, he has some catching up to do.
I hate this nonsense. Peyton played with a subpar team in Indy for years. Without him, I'll bet Indy makes the playoffs, 3 or 4 times, maybe. With him, they made the playoffs for, what, 14 straight years? The Indy defense was never very good and after edge left there wasn't a running game to speak of. Also, the patriots are cheaters so that might have something to do with Manning's lack of success against them in the early 00's.

MC

Moves
15 Jan 14
2 edits

Originally posted by dryhump
I hate this nonsense. Peyton played with a subpar team in Indy for years. Without him, I'll bet Indy makes the playoffs, 3 or 4 times, maybe. With him, they made the playoffs for, what, 14 straight years? The Indy defense was never very good and after edge left there wasn't a running game to speak of. Also, the patriots are cheaters so that might have something to do with Manning's lack of success against them in the early 00's.
They didn't actually cheat. They did exactly what every team does but the video placement was illegal... It hardly gave them an extra edge.

However, I would say manning and brady are akin to apples and oranges. Peyton Manning is the best pre snap evaluator and strategist in the game and Brady is clearly the best QB possibly ever when it comes to reading a defense after the snap and reacting quickly with great accuracy... two different play styles that probably stem from coaching and development throughout their career.

M

Moves
15 Jan 14

Broncos

Niners

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
15 Jan 14
2 edits

I did have Seahawks down on my excel sheet but I guess on the 13th I went with the 49ers on my post because I used my IPhone and forgot to look at my picks, lol.

So this is what I got and the rule is the persons:
----------------------------------------------------------
USArmyParatrooper: 6 Broncos, 49ers
Grampy Bobby: 5 Broncos, 49ers
MoneyManMike: 4 Broncos, 49ers
Trev33: 5 Patriots, 49ers
RBHILL: 3 Patriots, 49ers
darvlay: 4 Broncos, Seahawks
MISTER CHESS 2 Patriots, Seahawks

*******For the Super Bowl the RULE is whoever is in the lead post there Pick and Points last AND no looking at others picks to make your picks and points please, everyone************* These two people will be USArmyParatrooper and if the Patriots win Trev33.

Tie Breaker is overall points of the Super Bowl, Must NOT go over max points. If Both People do then it will Closest to max points.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Jan 14

Originally posted by RBHILL
I did have Seahawks down on my excel sheet but I guess on the 13th I went with the 49ers on my post because I used my IPhone and forgot to look at my picks, lol.

So this is what I got and the rule is the persons:
USArmyParatrooper: 6 Broncos, 49ers
Grampy Bobby: 5 Broncos, 49ers
MoneyManMike: 4 ...[text shortened]... e Super Bowl, Must NOT go over max points. If Both People do then it will Closest to max points.
*******For the Super Bowl the RULE is whoever is in the lead post there Pick and Points last AND no looking at others picks to make your picks and points please, everyone..."

Whoever is in the lead could message the pick and points to you...

R

California

Moves
15 Jan 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
*******For the Super Bowl the RULE is whoever is in the lead post there Pick and Points last AND no looking at others picks to make your picks and points please, everyone..."

Whoever is in the lead could message the pick and points to you...
Sound good. I know I won't be.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Jan 14

Sound good. I know I won't be.
For the benefit of whom it may concern just say the word when it's time.

P.S. Bet your wife would be in contention if she was competing. lol

Moves
15 Jan 14
1 edit

Only 2 of us can win outright with GB and Darv being able to tie for first. Think anyone in contention should PM their pick.

MC

Moves
15 Jan 14

I'm on record picking the 49ers to win the wild card round in a different thread, I also picked the colts but that was more ambiguous wording. However, if I was awarded the one point for the Niners game it would make this race a lot more interesting with me having a Cinderella chance to win.

R

California

Moves
16 Jan 14

McFly just came by and said that it's going to be the 49ers vs Patriots in the Super Bowl. He wouldn't let me know who would win though🙁.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Jan 14

McFly just came by and said that it's going to be the 49ers vs Patriots in the Super Bowl. He wouldn't let me know who would win though🙁.
Two games this weekend will prove to be as entertaining as the super bowl;
often over-hyped super bowls are a let down except for the ads. (imo)