Murray loses the Australian open

Murray loses the Australian open

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
31 Jan 10

Can i buy a Federer shirt anywhere ?😀😀😀

s

Moves
31 Jan 10

Originally posted by phil3000
That was not total destruction but a lesson by a master to a worthy apprentice! Federer beat Murray roundly and soundly!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
31 Jan 10

My money will be on Murray next time as he is improving daily

s

Moves
31 Jan 10

Originally posted by Mctayto
My money will be on Murray next time as he is improving daily
The kid's is only 22, has enormous potential and should only get better. He got a little blinded in the pressure lights of a major against a a master. I thought his chances would have been even had he not choked in that critical third set. Had Murray won set three the pressure/momentum would most definitely have shifted to Murray. had he then pulled of set four I would have thought Federer would have wilted in the heat agsint a younger player! Scotland in particular and UK in general has everything to be proud of and no shame in this loss!

rc

Moves
31 Jan 10

Originally posted by phil3000
yes but Murray wont be buying an England shirt, you can bet on that!

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
31 Jan 10

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes but Murray wont be buying an England shirt, you can bet on that!
He wouldn't be able to buy one anyway...not with that Monopoly money you call a currency!

😉

rc

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by blade68
He wouldn't be able to buy one anyway...not with that Monopoly money you call a currency!

😉
Lol, you know i was once in Devon, Plymouth cause i was dating a girl there, beautiful English girl, Andrea Parsons, anyhow, there was this bakers and i went in and ordered cakes and rolls and stuff for there were many people in my friends home, i pulled out a Royal bank of Scotland twenty pound note, with the words sterling clearly written on it, and they refused to take it! i was livid, so i made them put all the stuff back and refused to pay for it. Robbie Carrobie 1, Plymouth bakers 0. but in reality i was really looking forward to those cakes 🙁

m

Moves
01 Feb 10

Lol, you know i was once in Devon, Plymouth cause i was dating a girl there, beautiful English girl, Andrea Parsons, anyhow, there was this bakers and i went in and ordered cakes and rolls and stuff for there were many people in my friends home, i pulled out a Royal bank of Scotland twenty pound note, with the words sterling clearly written on it, an ...[text shortened]... ie Carrobie 1, Plymouth bakers 0. but in reality i was really looking forward to those cakes 🙁
It is ridiculous the number of people in England who don't realise Scottish money is valid here. On the other hand, I had a pub in Dundee refuse to accept an English twenty pound note - "too big a forgery risk" apparently.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
01 Feb 10

Originally posted by mtthw
It is ridiculous the number of people in England who don't realise Scottish money is valid here. On the other hand, I had a pub in Dundee refuse to accept an English twenty pound note - "too big a forgery risk" apparently.
Are you certain it wasn't anything do do with the accent or maybe revenge after he visited Devon/Plymouth area 😉

m

Moves
02 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Mctayto
Are you certain it wasn't anything do do with the accent or maybe revenge after he visited Devon/Plymouth area 😉
Could be 🙂. He seemed happy enough to accept "proper" money from me, though.

Moves
02 Feb 10

Lol, you know i was once in Devon, Plymouth cause i was dating a girl there, beautiful English girl, Andrea Parsons,
what did you do to her you sick puppy?

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=781548&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

😛

mt
Walleye Guy

Gone fishin'

Moves
02 Feb 10

Isn't it odd how the title to this thread is about Murray and goes off on a tangent into a discussion about currency?😕

I hope Andy can take away the positives from this slam and build on it to make a good showing at Roland Garros.

Kudos to Fed for his consistently solid/excellent play when the chips are down.🙂

Moves
02 Feb 10

Originally posted by monster truck
Isn't it odd how the title to this thread is about Murray and goes off on a tangent into a discussion about currency?😕

no... not when you consider the thread was created by an englishman laughing at the fact a scot couldn't beat the best tennis player of all time in a slam final.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Feb 10
1 edit

Originally posted by trev33
the best tennis player of all time in a slam final.
Who also is called Fed, for short.

p

Moves
02 Feb 10

Originally posted by trev33
no... not when you consider the thread was created by an englishman laughing at the fact a scot couldn't beat the best tennis player of all time in a slam final.
Trev, i am "sticking the knife in" whilst i can !
Come the world cup there will be plenty of Scots and Irish and Welsh and "on and on" laughing at us Englishmen when it all goes wrong !!