Mourinho leaves Chelsea

Mourinho leaves Chelsea

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
19 Sep 07

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm

Looks like the Captain's not going down with the ship this time...

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Sep 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003912.stm

Looks like the Captain's not going down with the ship this time...
I'm interested to see why. Mourinho's habit of storming out of clubs is making him a liability. Something was obviously amiss this season.

sc

where angels play

Moves
20 Sep 07

Its Going to be strange knocking them out of the champions league without him 🙄

Only 1 F in Uckfield

Buxted UK

Moves
20 Sep 07

I will miss his press conferences.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Sep 07

Originally posted by invigorate
I will miss his press conferences.
Maybe he'll continue them...in Tottenham. It's the same city, Jol is under pressure and he seems to like English football. Do Tottenham fans tend to dislike him?

Would certainly be interesting to see him try to take Tottenham to the CL next year.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Sep 07

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
20 Sep 07

Originally posted by Palynka
Maybe he'll continue them...in Tottenham.
Could happen.

Spurs fans are deluded though if they think they're a big club!

Anyone here the Arsenal fans pretending to be spurs fans on 6-0-6 last night? Quality!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Sep 07

Originally posted by rhb
Could happen.

Spurs fans are deluded though if they think they're a big club!

Anyone here the Arsenal fans pretending to be spurs fans on 6-0-6 last night? Quality!
I think that Mourinho is a great opportunity for Spurs. The only problem is his salary or if he definitely wants to quit England. I'd be over the moon if the man came to coach our National team, but I find it unlikely.

Mourinho is well established in London, his kids have adapted well (apparently) and his wife also seems to like it. Not moving from London is a great advantage that Spurs have over other clubs. It's a club with ambition but that has somewhat under-achieved or, at best, kept the status-quo at fifth.

I, for one, would love to see him there. It's about time the big four got seriously challenged and I don't think City will manage to keep the pace to enter top-four on a regular basis (or even this season for that matter).

AB

Moves
20 Sep 07

I'm interested to see why. Mourinho's habit of storming out of clubs is making him a liability. Something was obviously amiss this season.
Aren't we all. I'd say mutual consent was accurate though. If Mourinho thought he'd be sacked he could have sat tight and waited for the chop, then he'd get fully paid up and the Chelsea fans would only have the board to blame. It seems Chelsea wanted rid of him but didn't want to sack him so that they didn't look like the bad guys to the fans and players.

Seemingly they managed to undermine Mourinho by bringing in Grant (who Mourinho did not want or like) last summer. You could say it started by buying Shevchenko and Ballack (again, neither was wanted by JM) the previous summer - but why were the knives out for him then after 2 titles in 2 seasons? I reckon it started with the refusal to purchase defensive cover last January. Chelsea had stopped playing the attractive football that they had in JM's first 2 seasons (ironically, by trying to fit Sheva and Ballack into the team) and Abramovich had noticably started to miss a few games at the Bridge. Apparently there was a big bust up at the time and I reckon RA decided then that he wanted shot of Mourinho.

After realising how bad it would look, I reckon he decided to make Mourinho's life hell until he was willing to accept the offer of mutual consent. Enter Grant as Director of Football.

I don't like the guy very much but he's a very good coach and a huge personality and I hope he stays in the Premiership.

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
20 Sep 07
1 edit

I think that Abramovich is lining Rafa up for the job, It would be nice to see what he could do at a big club.

E
YNWA

Moves
20 Sep 07

Originally posted by cadwah
I think that Abramovich is lining Rafa up for the job, It would be nice to see what he could do at a big club.
****TUMBLEWEED*****

E
YNWA

Moves
20 Sep 07

What I can't figure out is how did that gormless Abramovich ever have the nouse to earn all his money in the first place. I mean, taking over a club with a small fan-base, often wasting millions on players, providing the biggest wage bill a football club has ever seen, and now seemingly having to pay Jose millions to go after he recently signed a new contract. A bit dim?

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
20 Sep 07

[b]The only problem is his salary
... like he needs the money?

Rumour has it that he's getting a 25M 'pay-off'!!!

😕

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 Sep 07

Originally posted by blade68
... like he needs the money?

Rumour has it that he's getting a 25M 'pay-off'!!!

😕
If indeed he's asking for a 25M payoff, I'm sure a bullet with his name in Cyrillic is much less expensive.

AB

Moves
20 Sep 07

I think that Mourinho is a great opportunity for Spurs. The only problem is his salary or if he definitely wants to quit England
"Finally on my wife's and children' s behalf we thank the great professionalism of their school teachers and the beauty of so many friends." JM (Today)

Doesn't sound like he's staying in England!