insane match at Wimbledon

insane match at Wimbledon

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
23 Jun 10

Mahut-Isner are currently tied 54-54 (NOT a typo) in the 5th set -- the match has lasted almost nine and a half hours

Back to basics

About

Moves
23 Jun 10

It's completely insane.

M

Moves
23 Jun 10

suspended at 59-59 --- so the match will be entering it's third day.

they spent the entire day since 2 PM local time just playing the fifth set

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
23 Jun 10

Originally posted by Melanerpes
suspended at 59-59 --- so the match will be entering it's third day.

they spent the entire day since 2 PM local time just playing the fifth set
They started today's play around (or just before) the USA game...

The radio guys were watching it on ESPN, said they were limping.

One of the guys is supposed to play doubles tomorrow... I don't think so!

P-

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
24 Jun 10

Unbelievable...

We once played a two day cricket 'test' at school. We fit in 100 overs a day.
I was a bowler and middle order batsman and super fit in those days and I was pretty damn tired and stiff after that.

I can't even imagine how these two must feel. From the little tennis I played in school I remember that games could be gruelling on the joints and school kids don't have anywhere near the power these guys have.

Good god!

A

Moves
24 Jun 10

Can you imagine those guys trying to front up and do it again the next day? Hell no! I guess they will be there but I wonder who is able to move? I remember playing a full day of tennis and then trying to back it up again the next day... nope, not a chance. My legs were shot.. I feel for these guys!

Moves
24 Jun 10

it took me five minutes to figure out what was going on after i turned this on. just mind boggling.

it does go to show how much power is a part of today's game. crazy stuff.

q

Moves
24 Jun 10

I never played cricket but that is the only sport I ever heard of that ever last days. It is insane, but really cool, that the set could last longer than any other match ever played

c

Russ's Pocket

Moves
24 Jun 10

I just watched the interview after the cease fire. Is there a rule in tennis where these guys have to carry their own stuff off the court? They both looked beat, but then turned away from the camera with these huge duffles.