How to get into the MLB playoffs

How to get into the MLB playoffs

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
15 Jul 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Yes, because EVERY visiting player from EVERY team pays the same tax level for
EVERY city they play in. Guess you didn't know that???

That means, the New York players play state tax free in Florida and Texas, and when
the Rays, Marlins, Astros and Rangers play in NY, they pay New York state tax.

Weren't you aware that players earn money on a gam ...[text shortened]... then are
paid for the previous week or two weeks accumulated revenue based on their contract?
But the majority of games are played in their own stadium.

w

Moves
15 Jul 11
6 edits

Originally posted by quackquack
Your complaint simply does not show the true picture.

(1) Small markets teams such as Tampa and the Twins continually make the playoffs.
(2) We have divisions like the AL and NL central where small market teams primarily play against each other and get a playoff spot even if teams like Boston, New York and Philly are better.
(3) There is huge (and so have their fans) and the teams that just pocket revenue sharing deserve what they get.
Higher payroll teams can simply go out and purchase proven products. If you are a small market team, however, your only chance is to recognize potential in young and unproven players and cross your fingers or go out and get an over the hill player who has proven himself.

Being a Reds fan, it would be comparable to them going out and attaining Scott Roland at third base. He is an over the hill player who is a quality product, but misses alot of games because he simply is too old. Then you have young and unproven players like Stubbs, and Votto, and Bruce who are young and with potential. Out of the three, Votto was the only real deal and, as a result, will probably become a Yankee soon when his contract is up. You see, only the big money teams can go out and acquire young proven players with a long career ahead of them that can play everyday.

q

Moves
15 Jul 11

Originally posted by whodey
Higher payroll teams can simply go out and purchase proven products. If you are a small market team, however, your only chance is to recognize potential in young and unproven players and cross your fingers or go out and get an over the hill player who has proven himself.

Being a Reds fan, it would be comparable to them going out and attaining Scott Rolan ...[text shortened]... go out and acquire young proven players with a long career ahead of them that can play everyday.
The Yankees play in the toughest division in baseball. Your team plays in what year in year out is the easiest. It is simply time to stop crying like a little baby and realize that when you get to play the Cubs, Pirates and Astros 18 times a year every year for most of this century that the situation is not so bad.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
15 Jul 11

But the majority of games are played in their own stadium.
What? EVERY team plays EXACTLY 81 home games and 81 road games until the playoffs.

What in the hell are you attempting to misstate now? 😕

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
15 Jul 11
2 edits

Being a Reds fan, it would be comparable to them going out and attaining Scott Rolan ...[text shortened]... go out and acquire young proven players with a long career ahead of them that can play everyday.
If you are such a fan, why do you not realize that one of your star players name
is spelled Rolen not Roland???

You are also a lousy judge of talent if you can't figure out that Stubbs and Bruce are
both the real deal. They are young and you are ridiculous. They will get better,
but you are getting worse. Get with it please. Either learn what you are talking about
or just shut up. Please!!!

w

Moves
15 Jul 11

What? EVERY team plays EXACTLY 81 home games and 81 road games until the playoffs.

What in the hell are you attempting to misstate now? 😕
Are all states tax crazy like New York and California? No. However, if you play in California or New York you are garaunteed to play a boat load of games there.

w

Moves
15 Jul 11

If you are such a fan, why do you not realize that one of your star players name
is spelled [b]Rolen
not Roland???

You are also a lousy judge of talent if you can't figure out that Stubbs and Bruce are
both the real deal. They are young and you are ridiculous. They will get better,
but you are getting worse. Get with it please. Either learn what you are talking about
or just shut up. Please!!![/b]
Stubbs stikes out like a school girl and Bruce is not that good in the clutch.

After all, being a competent batter is all about hitting with RISP and when I see Bruce or Stubbs coming to the plate my heart sinks.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Jul 11
1 edit

After all, being a competent batter is all about hitting with RISP and when I see Bruce or Stubbs coming to the plate my heart sinks.
"Bruce is not that good in the clutch?"

I seem to remember him circling the bases after hitting a division winning HR last year. And he's hitting a miserable .296 with RISP this year.

w

Moves
15 Jul 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
"Bruce is not that good in the clutch?"

I seem to remember him circling the bases after hitting a division winning HR last year. And he's hitting a miserable .296 with RISP this year.
Bruce is "streaky". If he is on a hot streak fine, but when slumping, which seems to be every other week, he is misrable.

Then again, maybe I only catch all his "bad" at bats. 😛

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
16 Jul 11

Are all states tax crazy like New York and California? No. However, if you play in California or New York you are garaunteed to play a boat load of games there.
No, just 81, unless you make the playoffs.

I guarantee it

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
16 Jul 11

You are a first class head case then.
No shocker there.

Anyone who is the least bit knowledgeable about the game knows it is extremely
rare to find your players who come in and excel at superstar production levels from the
beginning of their time in the show.

Stubbs and Bruce have excelled at every level they have played, and they will both
excel at this level. Give them a bit of time.
I would love it if you were the GM of Cincy and I was any other GM in the league.
I would rape you of the bulk of your talent in exchange for some solid mid range
players because you believe the kids suck.

Fairweather fans are fickle at best. You are worse!!

w

Moves
16 Jul 11
1 edit

No shocker there.

rare to find your players who come in and excel at superstar production levels from the

Stubbs and Bruce have excelled at every level they have played, and they will both
ex ...[text shortened]... ayers because you believe the kids suck.

Watching tonight Bruce strikes out with bases loaded and no one out. Then the next inning king Albert with one swing of the bat retakes the lead, for good presumably.

I see this sort of thing day in and out. How Bruce gets such high numbers with RISP I'll never know. As for Stubbs, he is a stike out king and the last person you want to see up in a clutch situation.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Jul 11
1 edit

Watching tonight Bruce strikes out with bases loaded and no one out. Then the next inning king Albert with one swing of the bat retakes the lead, for good presumably.

I see this sort of thing day in and out. How Bruce gets such high numbers with RISP I'll never know. As for Stubbs, he is a stike out king and the last person you want to see up in a clutch situation.
I read this crap from so-called Reds "fans" on the internet every day. Never have I seen such constant negativity, complaining and denigrating good players from any another team's "fans".

BTW, BP hit a game winning HR with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th with us down 5-4. Great win. Prediction: if I go on the usual Reds' blogs, must of the posts will be complaining about and denigrating the Reds' players, manager, batboys, etc. etc. etc.

EDIT: Fans anywhere but in Cincinnati would drool over having a 5 tool player like Stubbs in CF who also happened to be a 20-30 guy in his first full year. He also is one of the fastest players in the bigs (at 6'4"" 200 lbs!) and is already a Gold Glove caliber CFer. But no, that just isn't good enough for the idiot fans there.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
16 Jul 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
I read this crap from so-called Reds "fans" on the internet every day. Never have I seen such constant negativity, complaining and denigrating good players from any another team's "fans".

BTW, BP hit a game winning HR with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th with us down 5-4. Great win. Prediction: if I go on the usual Reds' blogs, must of th ...[text shortened]... old Glove caliber CFer. But no, that just isn't good enough for the idiot fans there.
Spot on regarding Stubbs. He played at my alma mater and was a stud his 3 years there.
He will be a stud for many years at the big show barring injury.

whodey wouldn't know talent if it bit him on his butt!!!

w

Moves
17 Jul 11
1 edit

No shocker there.

ex ...[text shortened]... ayers because you believe the kids suck.

Do you have any idea how many strike outs Stubbs and Bruce have between them last year? Stubbs had 168 k's and Bruce had 135 k's. This, coming from the land of former player Adam Dunn who was the ML strike out king for over a decade with 1632!! This was a ML record by the way. Strike outs are the most hurtful and miserable appendage to any offense and Reds fans simply can't take any more of it.

Of course, tonight Bruce did not strke out with the bases loaded again this time. Instead, he grounded into an inning ending double play, so perhaps he is improving. 😛