ha ha Man U

ha ha Man U

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

my island

Moves
01 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Virtue76
Wayne Rooney is definitely not overrated.

He has played a lot more than 4 good games and I have never heard of him being compared to Pele.
in euro 04 he was compared to pele.

i think hes a good player but not as good as hes hyped up to be,

i watch man u every time i can and often find myself screaming at rooney.

edit: definitely overrated.

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
01 Oct 07

Originally posted by trevor33
in euro 04 he was compared to pele.

i think hes a good player but not as good as hes hyped up to be,

i watch man u every time i can and often find myself screaming at rooney.

edit: definitely overrated.
Definitely not overrated.

m
Y.N.W.A

Athens

Moves
01 Oct 07

alonso?

he would walk into any team in the prem.

hhmmm carrick or alonso?

want to talk about over rated players in the prem?

first one on the list - wayne rooney

3 decent game in euro 04 and a screamer against arsenal and he's better than pele.
I knew if i disappeared for a few months, that you would show your true colours Trev 🙂

t

my island

Moves
01 Oct 07

Originally posted by millerman
I knew if i disappeared for a few months, that you would show your true colours Trev 🙂
🙂

welcome back mate just when i thought it was safe to give a little praise to a liverpool player 😛

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
02 Oct 07

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
But the point still stands. Only one of those players has true potential and he most defiantly is not a product of your youth system.
I seriously can't believe that an unbiased supporter would not want:-
Brown, o'Shea, Flecher or Foster in their squad.

Like I said we got 7M for Rossi and 6m for Richardson.

Ask any Sunderland supporter how good Johhny Evans is.......

Anyway the point is I want a Liverpool supporter to show me how their youth policy compares to Manchester Uniteds, seeing as it was an angry Welsh Liverpool supporter that claimed United had a poor youth system.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
02 Oct 07

alonso?

he would walk into any team in the prem.

hhmmm carrick or alonso?

want to talk about over rated players in the prem?

first one on the list - wayne rooney

3 decent game in euro 04 and a screamer against arsenal and he's better than pele.
Alonso is one of the most overrated players in the premiership.

That doesn't mean he's a bad player, he just not as good as expected.

- He doesn't cover much ground in midfield
- Not much of a tackler
- Does not score that many goals, spectacular ones on occasion but not that many
- Does not play well away from home (Spain lol)
- Gets injured all the time
- Liverpool seem to play better without him
- He can pick out a good pass though

He definately would not walk into Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenals midfield.

You mention Carrick, why not Hargreaves, he's been MOM in 2 of the 3 games he's played in.
Also you would not play Scholes and Alonso in the same side and every stat and the pundits all rate Scholes over Alonso.

As for Rooney, he's the best player in the Premiership.
I've seen every games he's played for United.
He's better than Ronaldo, Rooney carried United to the title last season over the last 10 games, while Ronaldo who had a fantastic season faded away.

Rooney is also a big game player.

He may not be quite living up to the title of 'Pele' but he's just turned 22 and the best player in the premiership.

He scores goals, gets more assists than almost any other player, raises his game for the big matches and also defends for the team.

Wayne Rooney is the best player in the premiership because of his all round game.

t

my island

Moves
02 Oct 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
I seriously can't believe that an unbiased supporter would not want:-
o'Shea, Flecher in their squad.
i'm a man u fan and i'm irish

i can honestly say i want man u to get rid of o'shea and steve 'clueless' staunton to drop him from the squad.

cost us a place in the last world cup 😠

fletcher is just not good enough to play for man u

simple as that.

t

my island

Moves
02 Oct 07

Alonso is one of the most overrated players in the premiership.

That doesn't mean he's a bad player, he just not as good as expected.

- Not much of a tackler
- Does not score that many goals, spectacular ones on occasion but not that many
- Ge ...[text shortened]...

Wayne Rooney is the best player in the premiership because of his all round game.
i'm too tired to respond to that

tomorrow night i promise.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
02 Oct 07

i'm a man u fan and i'm irish

i can honestly say i want man u to get rid of o'shea and steve 'clueless' staunton to drop him from the squad.

cost us a place in the last world cup 😠

fletcher is just not good enough to play for man u

simple as that.
I believe that you are a Manchester United supporter because I can remember many of your posts over the last year.

I don't understand why you don't rate o'Shea and Fletcher.

o'Shea
Ok he would never be in my 1st team unless it was an easy game against someone like Tottenham when we could rest players, but:-
-We are very weak right now at Left Back, he can do a good job there
-He is good cover in Central Midfield, he's had some great games as the holding midfield player
-He's ok'ish cover as a Center Back
-He is a goal scorer, remember how he scored against the scousers last season to win us the league
-He's happy to get 20 to 30 games a season, he's definately well worth keeping
-You point out that he's not great for Ireland, I may be wrong but does he play as a Center back for Ireland, he's not quite good enough for that but a great backup midfield player
-He has a fairly good passing game

Fletcher
Again he would not be a 1st team player but we need cover and he has many times proved to be more than capable as a holding midfield player
- He is a great man marker if you want to take someone out of the game
- His passing is improving
- Again he's happy to play 20 to 30 games, so he's good to start against Spurs etc....
- He's basically a decent all round Central Midfield or Right Wing cover player
- I would equate him to Nicky Butt, he fits in with our setup

AB

Moves
02 Oct 07
4 edits

- Not much of a tackler
- Does not score that many goals,
- Gets injured all the time
- Liverpool seem to play better without him
- He can pick out a good pass though
- Rafa asks Alonso to play deeper these days. His job is similar to Makelele's, protect the back 4 and allow Stevie G to roam. He covers every inch of midfield - he just doesn't get forward as much.

- I think he had one of, if not the, most number of tackles in the Premiership last year. This year he averages 3.29 tackles per match compared to to the Premiership midfield average of 2.79.

- See point 1. BTW He has 14 in 140 which is marginally better than your man Carrick's 6 in 62 and a heck of a lot better than Makelele's 2 in 130.

- Such a sweeping generalisation, it's not worth an answer!

- He's been at LFC for 3 years. In that time he had his ankle broken by a "tackle" from Lampard and he's just broken his metatarsal. How often has Rooney been injured in the same 3 years?

- No Liverpool fan (who knows what he's talking about) would agree with you

- Yes he can.

Your posts go to show that you probably only watch Utd games because you have very little knowledge about the rest of the Premiership.

PS - Wayne Rooney is the definition of overrated. Typical English media hype. Good player? - No doubt. As good as the hype? - No.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Oct 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy
- Rafa asks Alonso to play deeper these days. His job is similar to Makelele's, protect the back 4 and allow Stevie G to roam. He covers every inch of midfield - he just doesn't get forward as much.

- I think he had one of, if not the, most number of tackles in the Premiership last year. This year he averages 3.29 tackles per match compared to to the Pr ...[text shortened]... rated. Typical English media hype. Good player? - No doubt. As good as the hype? - No.
Nice post.

s

6yd box

Moves
02 Oct 07
1 edit

- I think he had one of, if not the, most number of tackles in the Premiership last year. This year he averages 3.29 tackles per match compared to to the Pr rated. Typical English media hype. Good player? - No doubt. As good as the hype? - No.
YES.. well answered and you keeped your cool. i would have lost it ages ago with the Rooney Once a Blue @@@@@

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
03 Oct 07

- I think he had one of, if not the, most number of tackles in the Premiership last year. This year he averages 3.29 tackles per match compared to to the Pr ...[text shortened]... rated. Typical English media hype. Good player? - No doubt. As good as the hype? - No.
Yes it was a nice post Angry Boy.
Your answers to the Alonso questions I posed all have merit.
I will always answer your questions (see below).

But first, I will ask you for the 3rd and final time.
This thread is basically a thread about how poor Manchester Uniteds youth policy is and how Manchester United can't develop players, hence their early exit from the Carling Cup and all Anti United posters jump on the oppotunity to slag off United.
For the final time HOW DOES MANCHESTER UNITEDS YOUTH POLICY COMPARE TO LIVERPOOLS?

Back to the Alonso break away thread:-

- Rafa asks Alonso to play deeper these days. His job is similar to Makelele's.
OK good, Alonso is now a defensive midfielder.
Where would you put Alonso in this list of defensive midfield players?
Essien, Makelele, Hargreaves, Keane, Viera, Hamman, Alonso.
You keep on going on abourt Carrick who is Uniteds 3rd choice attacking midfield player.....

- I think he had one of, if not the, most number of tackles in the Premiership last year. This year he averages 3.29 tackles per match compared to to the Premiership midfield average of 2.79.
I'm not sure what 3.29 means, ok he's better than average, but what was the best, how many players averaged over 3.29, has Alonso ever been nominated for player of he year (Rooney has every year but is still overrated apparently).

- See point 1. BTW He has 14 in 140 which is marginally better than your man Carrick's 6 in 62 and a heck of a lot better than Makelele's 2 in 130.
Again Carrick is 3rd choice CM player at United and are you suggesting that Alonso is a better defensive midfield player than Makelele?

- Such a sweeping generalisation, it's not worth an answer!
Its a well known fact that Rafa has continually dropped Alonso and the departed bad buy Garcia from Liverpool away games.

- He's been at LFC for 3 years. In that time he had his ankle broken by a "tackle" from Lampard and he's just broken his metatarsal. How often has Rooney been injured in the same 3 years?
Alonso is always injured and Rooney has broke his foot 3 times. Rooney has been nominated for player of the year 3 times running (and he's overrated apparently), Alonso has never been nominated, and is not overrated apparently.

- No Liverpool fan (who knows what he's talking about) would agree with you
You refer to my statement that Liverpool play better without Alonso.
Well, he's been injured this season and Liverpool have made one of their best ever Premiership starts.
Rafa also drops Alonso consistently in away games, tactical genious.

- Yes he can.
We both agree, Alonso can pick out a good pass.

Ok now to Rooney.
Wayne Rooney is the best player Manchester United have.
Nominated for player of the year every year he's been at United.
Statistically the best player in the premiership when taking goals, assists and tackles into account.
Oh and he's just saved United again in a BIG game against Roma.
Are you saying that he would not get into Liverpools side?

Anyway, Liverpool will almost certainly continue their great (by their standards) start to the Season, without Alonso, because you're playing Tottenham this weekend, enough said.

I'll close this post with a quote from the tactical genious Rafa:-
“Gonzalez is a player who will shine in the Premiership but very soon he could be one of the most exciting players in England. Liverpool supporters love to see players who can lift them out of their seats and Gonzalez is exactly that sort of player.”

Lift them out of their seats Rafa?
Yes, for an early exit to hit the M62 and Birkenhead/Whallesey tunnels.

Sums up Rafa, Liverpool post Dalglish and Liverpools Premiership Pedegree in a single statement, lol...

V
King of the Ring-er

Moves
03 Oct 07

Yes it was a nice post Angry Boy.
Your answers to the Alonso questions I posed all have merit.
I will always answer your questions (see below).

But first, I will ask you for the 3rd and final time.
This thread is basically a thread about how poor Manchester Uniteds youth policy is and how Manchester United can't develop players, hence their ...[text shortened]... ost Dalglish and Liverpools Premiership Pedegree in a single statement, lol...
Now THAT is a nice post!

AB

Moves
04 Oct 07
1 edit

blah blah blah...
He offers more than Makelele, Hargreaves, Keane and Hamman going forward and is better defensively than Essien and Hargreaves. He's better than Carrick - FULL STOP.

"Alonso is always injured"

I've just told you he's only been out once before this injury in 3 years!

"Well, he's been injured this season and Liverpool have made one of their best ever Premiership starts."

In the games that Alonso has played this season LFC's record is
won 60% lost 0%
In games that he hasn't played this season LFC's record is
won 56% lost 14%

Rooney would get into LFC's side, I'd rather him to Crouch, Kuyt and Voronin, but is he overrated? YES.