Greatest game in baseball history?

Greatest game in baseball history?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
28 Oct 11
2 edits

Last night's game, being game 6 of the WS, has to rank up there among the greatest games in baseball history. (That is ended well after midnight on the east coast is a shame...)

It was downright bizarre. From the 8th inning on, good pitcher after good pitcher came out of the Texas bullpen and none of them could get outs. Oh, and Cruz should have caught Freese's liner in the 9th.

What a great game! What a classic series!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Oct 11

Originally posted by sh76
Last night's game, being game 6 of the WS, has to rank up there among the greatest games in baseball history. (That is ended well after midnight on the east coast is a shame...)

It was downright bizarre. From the 8th inning on, good pitcher after good pitcher came out of the Texas bullpen and none of them could get outs. Oh, and Cruz should have caught Freese's liner in the 9th.

The series was getting some poor ratings, wonder if they did any better last night. I was in bed by 10pm. I'd prefer St.Louis win... only because I thought them the under-dog being an NL team and all.

Texas has never won... So I really don't care who wins... just glad it's some good baseball. Great coverage on Sports Center, there's no way I can invest 3 extra hours awake on a work night.

Bring back WS Day Games!

Moves
28 Oct 11

The best series was the come from behind Sox victory over the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS.

w

Moves
28 Oct 11
2 edits

Originally posted by sh76

Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats Kirk Gibson hobbling up to the plate in the 9th inning and pinch hitting a game winning home run. If he had hit a single, I'm not sure he would be able to beat the throw to first base and they would have lost.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
28 Oct 11

Originally posted by whodey
Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats Kirk Gibson hobbling up to the plate in the 9th inning and pinch hitting a game winning home run. If he had hit a single, I'm not sure he would be able to beat the throw to first base and they would have lost.
Kirk Gibson was not hurt at all. He was healthy as a horse. It was all a big hoax!!
Television ratings were down for baseball, so they had
a team of writers script a scenario that they hope will grip the nation...and it worked!

In fact, so many people believed it, that the government decided to try it out
on 9/11 and staged the attack on the WTC. People thought we were actually under attack!
Newscast ratings soared, and people watched for hours marveling at the sight.
In fact, Kirk Gibson actually flew one of the planes into the first tower.
He parachuted out just before impact and he limped away from the site pumping his
fist as he hobbled away.

Kirk now lives in a spacious house in a subdivision known as Area 51.
He frequently has been seen having lunch with Jack Bauer.
Who knows what those two will cook up next??

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Oct 11

Originally posted by whodey
That wasn't a potentially deciding game.

In my lifetime, nothing beats Game 6 of 1986.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
28 Oct 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
That wasn't a potentially deciding game.

In my lifetime, nothing beats Game 6 of 1986.
If the Rangers lose tonight, I think last night's game might loom just as large as Billy
Buck's debacle in 86.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Oct 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit
If the Rangers lose tonight, I think last night's game might loom just as large as Billy
Buck's debacle in 86.
In 25 years, no one will remember it. These teams have no pizazz.

m

Moves
29 Oct 11

Buck's debacle in 86.
Before the ball went through Billy Bucks legs, Calvin Schiraldi and Stanley Steamer gave up the lead.Bill Buckner was the greatest scapegoat inn baseball history, especially when you consider the Sox had a 3-0 lead in game 7 that they blew. Buckners knees were in such bad condition he had to ice them down for hours before each game, although his post season batting accomplishnents, along with Dave Hendersons, got them to the W.S. in the first place.

m

Moves
29 Oct 11

Kirk Gibson was not hurt at all. He was healthy as a horse. It was all a big hoax!!
Television ratings were down for baseball, so they had
a team of writers script a scenario that they hope will grip the nation...and it worked!

In fact, so many people believed it, that the government decided to try it out
on 9/11 and staged the attack on the WTC. ...[text shortened]... uently has been seen having lunch with Jack Bauer.
Who knows what those two will cook up next??
I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, you are one of those morons who also believe that the moon landing was scripted. Little disappointed here. I would have thought that the master child raiser-gambler would have been a little less naive than this.......

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
29 Oct 11

Originally posted by mudpie
I hope you are being sarcastic. If not, you are one of those morons who also believe that the moon landing was scripted. Little disappointed here. I would have thought that the master child raiser-gambler would have been a little less naive than this.......
If you learn to read and get to know who and what the hell you are talking about first,
you would already know the answer.

It was INCREDIBLY sarcastic. Most people figured it out early because, duh, Kirk Gibson
really was hurt.

Do some research next time. Lord knows, with a whopping 4 game chess load, you
have plenty of time.

m

Moves
29 Oct 11

If you learn to read and get to know who and what the hell you are talking about first,
you would already know the answer.

It was INCREDIBLY sarcastic. Most people figured it out early because, duh, Kirk Gibson
really was hurt.

Do some research next time. Lord knows, with a whopping 4 game chess load, you
have plenty of time.
Fred-Boy, there is so much more to life than having a heavy game load at the sacred halls of RHP....4-5 games suffice, there are jobs to do, women to love, gardens to grow, people out of the realm of cyber space to experience, but you hang in the buddy, tay here long enough and you will find the truth about this medium, I guarantee you that

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
29 Oct 11

Originally posted by mudpie
Fred-Boy, there is so much more to life than having a heavy game load at the sacred halls of RHP....4-5 games suffice, there are jobs to do, women to love, gardens to grow, people out of the realm of cyber space to experience, but you hang in the buddy, tay here long enough and you will find the truth about this medium, I guarantee you that
I am sure I will be here long after you are an afterthought.

Have a nice life.

m

Moves
29 Oct 11

I am sure I will be here long after you are an afterthought.

Have a nice life.
Thats where you are wrong. I was here long before you, I will be here long after you are gone. Wanna play a game Dumb-A$$?

m

Moves
29 Oct 11

C'mon, I'll give you white. And I will screen REAL HARD to make sure you don't put the old engine on young mudpie...once I am satisfied you are not cheating, I will KICK YOUR A$$