Greatest footy manager ..Shankly?paisly ,Clough?

Greatest footy manager ..Shankly?paisly ,Clough?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
02 Mar 09

Moves
02 Mar 09

sir alex. time after time, year after year he does it.

p

Moves
02 Mar 09

Originally posted by trev33
sir alex. time after time, year after year he does it.
Its hard not to disagree with you there ,but i think his job has always been a little bit easier than others because up and coming footballers would probably opt for man utd over other clubs first ,saying that though ,pretty much all his dabbles in the transfer market have been good and he is not afraid to off load so called big stars when they begin to wane ,Cantanna was his best buy i think ,and to think old alex was one game off getting the boot!!!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
02 Mar 09

Fergie has more power than other managers, more cash to spend and a large crowd that follow them anywhere.

Brian Clough took teams from obscurity to championships. Thankfully they never made him England manager or we would be putting up with more 1966 crap 😛

Moves
02 Mar 09

Originally posted by phil3000
Its hard not to disagree with you there ,but i think his job has always been a little bit easier than others because up and coming footballers would probably opt for man utd over other clubs first ,saying that though ,pretty much all his dabbles in the transfer market have been good and he is not afraid to off load so called big stars when they begin to ...[text shortened]... e ,Cantanna was his best buy i think ,and to think old alex was one game off getting the boot!!!
well not all of his buys were great but to do what's he's done over 20 odd years is nothing short of incredible. my only criticism is that he only won two CL's. that's a disappointment as some of his tactics in europe could've been better.

Moves
03 Mar 09

Originally posted by Mctayto
Thankfully they never made him England manager or we would be putting up with more 1966 crap 😛
amen to that.

m

Moves
03 Mar 09

Herbert Chapman.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
03 Mar 09

Its hard not to disagree with you there ,but i think his job has always been a little bit easier than others because up and coming footballers would probably opt for man utd over other clubs first
Wrong.

The rule which states that you can't recruit youngsters from more than 50 miles away is a new one which the 3 you mentioned didn't have to put up with.

D

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
03 Mar 09

Fergie has more power than other managers, more cash to spend and a large crowd that follow them anywhere.

Brian Clough took teams from obscurity to championships.
Aberdeen were a real powerhouse alright both in terms of finances and international fanbase. 🙄

D

p

Moves
03 Mar 09

Brian Clough took teams from obscurity to championships. Thankfully they never made him England manager or we would be putting up with more 1966 crap 😛
He was good old cloughie!!!! and being english myself , i dont mention 66 anymore its getting like ancient history , bit like you jocko,s banging on about banackburn ..lol😉

p

Moves
03 Mar 09

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Wrong.

The rule which states that you can't recruit youngsters from more than 50 miles away is a new one which the 3 you mentioned didn't have to put up with.

D
What i ment was up and coming young players like rooney would prefer man utd over other clubs !!! What about bobby robson when he was at ipswich town small club but he made them a top side at home and in europe !!!

s

Moves
03 Mar 09

What i ment was up and coming young players like rooney would prefer man utd over other clubs !!! What about bobby robson when he was at ipswich town small club but he made them a top side at home and in europe !!!
Its only cos sir a has made it that way early days not so shearer for example chose blackburn over us

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
04 Mar 09

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Aberdeen were a real powerhouse alright both in terms of finances and international fanbase. 🙄

D
Fergie only played the team O'Neil built up for him 😛 😛

B9
Fleeting Member

Lisburn, UK

Moves
04 Mar 09

How about Rinus Michels or Ernst Happel?

p

Moves
05 Mar 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Bobson 94
How about Rinus Michels or Ernst Happel?
Are they still hiding in argentina with martin borrman?🙂