French and Wimbeldon

French and Wimbeldon

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
24 Jun 09
1 edit

Nadal - out of Wimbledon.

Good riddance.😛

And Sharapova gone too - good riddance.
What a grunter!

M

Moves
24 Jun 09

So will all the folks at Mount Murray finally get to cheer for a champion? -- Or will it all devolve into a dispute over whether the place should still be called Henman Hill?

R

Moves
24 Jun 09

Originally posted by Melanerpes
So will all the folks at Mount Murray finally get to cheer for a champion? -- Or will it all devolve into a dispute over whether the place should still be called Henman Hill?
No, and yes. I vote Henman hill.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
26 Jun 09

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Nadal - out of Wimbledon.

Good riddance.😛

And Sharapova gone too - good riddance.
What a grunter!
Yeah, "good riddance" ... we would sure hate to see another final like last year's epic. 🙄😞

M

Moves
26 Jun 09

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Yeah, "good riddance" ... we would sure hate to see another final like last year's epic. 🙄😞
But can you imagine a 5-set Federer-Murray final? -- with all the fans on the hill going totally nuts??

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
27 Jun 09

Originally posted by Melanerpes
But can you imagine a 5-set Federer-Murray final? -- with all the fans on the hill going totally nuts??
I could two months ago. Not anymore. 😞

M

Moves
30 Jun 09

it was pretty amazing as England and Switzerland watched their heroes go 5 sets in a match that lasted until almost 11pm - but Murray finally prevailed for major breakthrough!!!...oh wait...it was that other guy from Switzerland?..oh never mind.

The folks at Murray-Henman Precipice are probably wondering if Britain will ever have more than one guy to route for.

R

Moves
30 Jun 09

It certainly looks like a Murray-Federer final is coming. I do want to see Federer get past 14, however for this Wimbeldon i think i would rather see Murray, Roddick or even Hewitt win it.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
30 Jun 09
1 edit

I have a small 4 combo on williams, williams, federer, and Haas....the sisters have came through, But Haas has to beat Djokovic tomorrow,,,,,,,Come on Tommy.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Jun 09

Should be interesting to see if Fed can survive the barrage of aces from Karlovic. Given recent form, I think he will take Dr. Ivo in 4.

Gotta think Djoker will take out Haas, Roddick over Hewitt, Murray over Ferrero.

So that leads to a likely Murray-Fed final. I'm not sure it will be very epic, though [would love to be proven wrong here]. Fed is cruising through while Murray plays longer matches. Fed in 4.

DS

Moves
30 Jun 09

Well I just find Nadal boring to be honest.

My opinion only, I know. 😏

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Jun 09

Well I just find Nadal boring to be honest.

My opinion only, I know. 😏
And I can only imagine how boring it may get without him - back to Federer just owning everyone at every major.

DS

Moves
01 Jul 09

And I can only imagine how boring it may get without him - back to Federer just owning everyone at every major.
Wimbledon hasn't been boring so far without him.

Federer's next game should be interesting too. Not a foregone conclusion.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 Jul 09

Wimbledon hasn't been boring so far without him.

Federer's next game should be interesting too. Not a foregone conclusion.
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/articles/2009-07-01/200907011246467361500.html

Already licking his chops at the thought of beating down a couple more old[er] farts for another title...

M

Moves
01 Jul 09
1 edit

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
I have a small 4 combo on williams, williams, federer, and Haas....the sisters have came through, But Haas has to beat Djokovic tomorrow,,,,,,,Come on Tommy.
Haas took care of Djokovic

now he and Andy Roddick can break up everyone's Murray-Federer plans. 😀