Football v's Rugby

Football v's Rugby

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MD

Moves
01 Aug 07

Witch is better and why ?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
01 Aug 07

Originally posted by Mysterious Dome
Football, as it's not played by a bunch of middle class alcoholic closet homosexuals.

πŸ˜‰

MD

Moves
01 Aug 07

Originally posted by rhb
Football, as it's not played by a bunch of middle class alcoholic closet homosexuals.

πŸ˜‰
O.o i dint think of that πŸ˜› ideas ideas

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
02 Aug 07

Rugby is Football!! "Kick it w' yer 'ead" is that other pongolian game

Haha daft question really.. Big fan of both Rugby is great to play, very hard and physical, esp on the forwards.. love the mud and sweat nature of the game. Love the game the way ot was in the 80's todays game has been depowered and is a rugby league lookalike game. (Womens touch rugby is more aggressive)

Soccer is great because anyone can play it anywhere with anything kickable.
At the top level the linament and hair spray brigade play for oscars and big cash like hollywood film stars.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
02 Aug 07

Originally posted by rhb

πŸ˜‰
Alcoholic closet homosexuals. hmmm..

Please expound on that. πŸ˜•

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
02 Aug 07

Originally posted by SmookieP
Alcoholic closet homosexuals. hmmm..

Please expound on that. πŸ˜•
User 275340

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
02 Aug 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
User 275340
You make it sound like a bad thing...

t

my island

Moves
03 Aug 07

hhmmm i like both for different reasons.

to actually play the sport i'd say soccer because its so easy to get a ball and a few people to kick it about. haven't played rugby since school and at 57kg 175cm i got kicked around a lot.

to watch i would say rugby at international level and football at club level. i love the Heineken cup but thats about all the club rugby i would watch, football has much more variety at club level. international football just seems to be a distraction for club football at times, other than the major championship does anyone really give a toss? unless its ireland not qualifying again :'( international rugby however is the sport. says it all when the france teams wanted to abandon he Heineken cup this year because its a world cup year.

btw ireland WILL win that world cup

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
03 Aug 07

Originally posted by trevor33

btw ireland WILL win that world cup[/b]
Lol they'll have craic trying.

t

my island

Moves
03 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
Lol they'll have craic trying.
nothing sweeter than getting revenge for many many years of ass whippings than at their own world cup.

i can't wait πŸ˜€

Moves
04 Aug 07

It's a bit of a silly question.. both are good sports. I like football.. but only ever watch big games, or Liverpool games(my team). It's also a great game to play.

I would say that I prefer Rugby in both playing and watching it, but that is probably because I play it to a much higher standard than I could ever play football. I can watch any Rugby match and enjoy it -- I just feel that I understand the nuances of the game a lot more.

Tirau Dan -- "Love the game the way ot was in the 80's todays game has been depowered and is a rugby league lookalike game. (Womens touch rugby is more aggressive)"

I'd say that League is pretty darn aggressive -- and if you don't think that Rugby is still aggressive, you probably haven't played in a while. Sure people get sent off for blatantly breaking the rules of the game nowadays... but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen nowadays... πŸ˜‰

All I can say for the RWC is... anyone but Australia/Wales. I think I could just about live with anyone else winning it...

S

Moves
08 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by rhb

πŸ˜‰
You want to join our "scrummage" honey?πŸ˜‰

Sais

Berks.

Moves
08 Aug 07

Football, natch.

More entertaining. More space with two less players on the pitch.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
09 Aug 07

Originally posted by HumeA
It's a bit of a silly question.. both are good sports. I like football.. but only ever watch big games, or Liverpool games(my team). It's also a great game to play.

I would say that I prefer Rugby in both playing and watching it, but that is probably because I play it to a much higher standard than I could ever play football. I can watch any Rugby match and ...[text shortened]... ne but Australia/Wales. I think I could just about live with anyone else winning it...
Rugby shouldn't stop at every tackle like league but it does more and more. Rucking used to ensure players didn't lay all over the ball. If you did you got rucked.

More and more ppl are turning off rugby in this country and it is as a result of all the stupid law changes. I don't want to watch league's hit tip hit tip game with no line outs and silly scrums.

Lol.. have you watched women's touch? ;o