Fergie

Fergie

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 May 13

1986-2013 Best Manager in football history.

Moves
09 May 13

Originally posted by Trev33
a great manager no doubt. statistically the best. this is going to sound hyper-critical, but i always think he got a bit lucky with the golden generation coming through and tactically he could have been a bit better. i think he's always been one or two quality players short of a great european team.

sad to see him go though. not sure moyles is the right man. its going to be an interesting next season.

st johnstone

Moves
09 May 13
1 edit

hes been a manager since 1974, there was life before man u, nearly 27 years at man u or 30 if you add on injury time. 🙂 the sad thing about all this is....... how can howard webb pay his morgage now

Moves
09 May 13

Originally posted by roma45
hes been a manager since 1974, there was life before man u, nearly 27 years at man u or 30 if you add on injury time. 🙂 the sad thing about all this is....... how can howard webb pay his morgage now
True, can't forget what he did at Aberdeen. The rest of your post smacks of jealousy 😛

st johnstone

Moves
09 May 13

True, can't forget what he did at Aberdeen. The rest of your post smacks of jealousy 😛
aberdeen st mirren, played for st johnstone only saints player ever to score a hat trick against rangers at ibrox in a 3-2 win, i support man u, getting jokes out of the way before the abu start. 😀

rc

Moves
09 May 13

Originally posted by roma45
aberdeen st mirren, played for st johnstone only saints player ever to score a hat trick against rangers at ibrox in a 3-2 win, i support man u, getting jokes out of the way before the abu start. 😀
he managed East Stirling before St Mirren, they did not have a goal keeper at the time, you should read his biography, it was fascinating.

s

Moves
10 May 13

He will be missed. Can never argue with success of his kind. I cannot think of any other coach in any other sport coming close to Fergie's success.

rc

Moves
10 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
He will be missed. Can never argue with success of his kind. I cannot think of any other coach in any other sport coming close to Fergie's success.
The special one Mourinho is infinitely more interesting than Fergie. Brian Clough was also pretty special as was Jock Stein.

Moves
10 May 13

anybody willing to make any predictions for moyles. i like him and hope he does well, but i reckon he will be sacked before the end of next season. the squad needs an almost complete overhaul giggs, scholes, rooney, young, vidic, ferdinand, evra, nani, valancia, hernandez and fletcher are all question marks for one reason or another. thats a lot for a new manager to deal with, especially under the pressure moyles will be under.

its also been a long time of playing defensive tactics as everton boss, can he freshen up his tactics enough to go away and attack teams like man u have to do to pick up 3 points rather than the 1pt at everton.

Moves
15 May 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
anybody willing to make any predictions for moyles. i like him and hope he does well, but i reckon he will be sacked before the end of next season. the squad needs an almost complete overhaul giggs, scholes, rooney, young, vidic, ferdinand, evra, nani, valancia, hernandez and fletcher are all question marks for one reason or another. thats a lot for a n ...[text shortened]... away and attack teams like man u have to do to pick up 3 points rather than the 1pt at everton.
Nah, he'll at least have a full season.

In your face

Moves
15 May 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
anybody willing to make any predictions for moyles. i like him and hope he does well, but i reckon he will be sacked before the end of next season. the squad needs an almost complete overhaul giggs, scholes, rooney, young, vidic, ferdinand, evra, nani, valancia, hernandez and fletcher are all question marks for one reason or another. thats a lot for a n ...[text shortened]... away and attack teams like man u have to do to pick up 3 points rather than the 1pt at everton.
I thought Moyles was a radio presenter? Don't you mean Moyes? 😕

Moves
17 May 13

Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
I thought Moyles was a radio presenter? Don't you mean Moyes? 😕
aah...ive always called him moyles!!!! he's gonna have to change his name.