Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

6yd box

Moves
28 Jan 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Another game, another 2 goals for Ronaldo, one step closer to the treble.

Has Ronaldo reached such levels that if he scores just 1 goal a game, its a bad game for him and he's a winger?
gooness me...so much arrogance!
ROAB.. you know what mate.. its comments like that that really wound people up.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
29 Jan 08

Originally posted by spurs73
gooness me...so much arrogance!
ROAB.. you know what mate.. its comments like that that really wound people up.
Spurs73, I'm just saying, Ronaldo is becoming unbelievably consistent now.
We probably wouldn't have beaten Spurs without him on Sunday and if he plays on Saturday we should have no problem beating you again.
Has there ever been a winger that has got to 25 goals in January?

Rooney is still the one thought.
I've got a feeling he will get a brace at the lane this weekend.

As for arrogance, you need arrogance and self beliefe to have an kind of chance of winning the treble.
All the top 3 teams have arrogent managers, players and fans.

You should be happy though:-
- You seem to have a great pair in Ramos and Poyet
- King is back and you've just signed woodgate
- You're on your way to wembley and the year doesn't even end in 1
- You've kept hold of Berbatov (for now)
- You have a young talented squad, great prospects
- There is every indication you could really challenge for 4th spot next season

Just don't get too upset when you get beat on Saturday.

You can't win really, if you attack us you're toast, if you get an early goal, you'll make us play well and if you go in 3-0 up at half time, well you don't need me to tell you what happened last time you did that against Manchester United.

s

6yd box

Moves
29 Jan 08

[b]Spurs73, I'm just saying, Ronaldo is becoming unbelievably consistent now.
We probably wouldn't have beaten Spurs without him on Sunday and if he plays on Saturday we should have no problem beating you again.
Has there ever been a winger that has got to 25 goals in January?

Rooney is still the one thought.
I've got a feeling he will get a br ...[text shortened]... d of chance of winning the treble.
All the top 3 teams have arrogent managers, players and fans.
I meant arrogance on the part of the FANS!

Regarding Renaldo... as i said before, the goals have come because he has Rooney, Giggs and Tevez around him. Most teams have one or two 'top' players or match winners if you like.

United have 3 or 4, makes a huge diffirence. I thought O'Hara did very well against him. Arguably the best any one has played against him all season!

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
29 Jan 08

Originally posted by spurs73
I meant arrogance on the part of the FANS!

Regarding Renaldo... as i said before, the goals have come because he has Rooney, Giggs and Tevez around him. Most teams have one or two 'top' players or match winners if you like.

United have 3 or 4, makes a huge diffirence. I thought O'Hara did very well against him. Arguably the best any one has played against him all season!
I half agree with you.
Also i'm a terrible speller but I couldn't be bothered to use a spell checker.

Kaka is supposed to be the best player in the world, but Anchelotti picks his side around Kaka, helps him stand out.

United don't set their team up for any player.
We have Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Giggs, Scholes and Nani who are all free to make something happen.

Ronaldo scores lots of goals for United and Portugal without the team being setup around him.

I actually really like Tottenham, I would love to see them break away from the pack and make the big 3 a big 4 in the premiership.

Spurs seem at last to have every chance to do that, hope they keep on improving, lets see.

I'm a biased arrogant United fan, but I still appreciate football played the way it should be.

I liked watching Chelsea when they had Duff and Robben on the wings, not so much now though. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea win the CL if United get knocked out.

I hate Arsenal, play great football at times but only know 1 way to play and never seem to have a plan B. Also Wenger is just errrrr.

If I had to pick my favourate 5 players from the last 20 years, Gascoigne and Waddle would probably be in the top 5. I wish they had played for United, can't have everything I guess.

Will have to settle for 9 Premiership titles and the treble.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Apr 08

I half agree with you.
Also i'm a terrible speller but I couldn't be bothered to use a spell checker.

Kaka is supposed to be the best player in the world, but Anchelotti picks his side around Kaka, helps him stand out.

United don't set their team up for any player.
We have Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Giggs, Scholes and Nani who are all free t ...[text shortened]... t have everything I guess.

Will have to settle for 9 Premiership titles and the treble.
So Ronaldo has now gotten 36 goals in 39 (1 in 1.08 games) games in all club competitions this season.

After last nights game, one would have to assume that the CL Semi-Finals are practically certain, so that is at least 3 games left in Europe:
H Roma
A Barcelona (presumably)
H Barcelona

There are 6 games left in the PL.
A Middlesboro
H Arsenal
A Blackburn
A Chelsea
H West Ham
A Wigan

leaving at least 9 games, totally 48 games. If he maintains his goal every 1.08 games, he would finish the season on 44.44 goals, equalling Law's record. A bit too much to ask, I think, although you could easily see him scoring a brace each against Wigan, Boro and West Ham.

The other variables are injuries and whether Ferguson rests him. Being the confidence player that he is, I don't think Fergie will rest him while he is in with a chance of breaking the record.

D

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
02 Apr 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
So Ronaldo has now gotten 36 goals in 39 (1 in 1.08 games) games in all club competitions this season.

After last nights game, one would have to assume that the CL Semi-Finals are practically certain, so that is at least 3 games left in Europe:
H Roma
A Barcelona (presumably)
H Barcelona

There are 6 games left in the PL.
A Middlesboro
H Arsenal
...[text shortened]... , I don't think Fergie will rest him while he is in with a chance of breaking the record.

D
What's Law's record exactly?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Apr 08

Originally posted by Palynka
What's Law's record exactly?
I thought it was 44 goals scored in a season, but further research shows it to be 46 goals.

Only Law and Ruud have scored over 40 goals ever for United in a season.

I think 46 (10 more goals) may just be too much for Ronaldo.

D

s

England

Moves
02 Apr 08

great player and great at winding up oponents, great header against roma. now owen H is just a grafter

D

Moves
02 Apr 08

Originally posted by stoker
great player and great at winding up oponents, great header against roma. now owen H is just a grafter
Amazing that Owen H didnt start...He didnt start aginst Villa on Saturday. Prior to this he has featured a right full on a few occasions. He rarely starts but I thought Champ league away ties were the games he was specifically bought for?

I initiated a thread about Owen H where I outlined my doubts about him...I wonder is Fergie starting to doubt him now. He currently looks an extremely expensive buy.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
02 Apr 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I thought it was 44 goals scored in a season, but further research shows it to be 46 goals.

Only Law and Ruud have scored over 40 goals ever for United in a season.

I think 46 (10 more goals) may just be too much for Ronaldo.

D
There's not much of an arguement against Ronaldo being the best player in the world at the moment is there?

He's going through a real purple patch... everytime he gets the ball you feel that something is going to happen... I must admit that when ManYoo are in full flow, there's no better English side to watch.

🙄

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
02 Apr 08

Originally posted by Doyle78
Amazing that Owen H didnt start...He didnt start aginst Villa on Saturday. Prior to this he has featured a right full on a few occasions. He rarely starts but I thought Champ league away ties were the games he was specifically bought for?

I initiated a thread about Owen H where I outlined my doubts about him...I wonder is Fergie starting to doubt him now. He currently looks an extremely expensive buy.
I wouldn't be too put out about it.

Carrick is United's in form midfielder. Scholes was back to his brilliant best last night. Anderson has had an amazing season, showing superb ability both defensively and offensively (last night excluded).

When Hargreaves did come on, Roma were after 20 minutes of pressure, most of it coming down the right hand side. Hargreaves introduction immediately stifled the supply down that side, and in fact allowed Brown to get forward enough to get the cross in for the goal.

I also feel that Fergie is trying to nurse him through this season a little bit, as he has had difficulty shaking the injury he had at the start of the season.

Carrick £17m
Anderson £17m
Hargreaves £17m
Scholes Priceless

There has to be at least 1 left out. I'd bet my non-existent house on Hargreaves starting the next game in his favoured central position.

D