1. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    01 Aug '11 08:581 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    no, it's means that they're ranked in the top 3... ranking does not reflect the currant ability of a team. look at the fifa football rankings, admittedly it's a bad comparison, the whole fifa ranking system being flawed althrough the basic principle remains. you basically said in your post that england are currently in better shape in terms of squad/player st yet, 1 day or 20/20 excellent, not so sure he has the patience for the 5 day game though.
    So why have rankings at all if we can just message you to find out how good a current team is?

England have one of their best teams I've seen in years. A team that can beat ANY team in the world now - if you play on seam-friendly pitches. Take this team to India and they could pretty easily get whitewashed in a series.
    The official top 3 are really so close now, there isn't much between them when their best 11 are fit and available for selection. Sri Lanka and Australia can both still beat any of them 'on the day'.

Anyway, England will move to either 1st or 2nd on the current rankings after this series and Australia should really be at 4 now. This is, IMHO, actually quite an accurate representation of current form.

Morgan is a strange one to see in tests, yeah. I would've opted for another all-rounder, possibly another spin option, but the selectors are maybe seeing something in him that the people watching can't...
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '11 09:53
    Canada v Afghanistan

No score yet.

Play starts at 14:00 GMT
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    27 Aug '11 09:43
    Malinga made his 3rd hat-trick. He is amazing at mopping up the tail.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Sep '11 06:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    United Arab Emirates 73/4 (28.0 ov)
    v Kenya
    Lunch - Day 1

United Arab Emirates won the toss and elected to bat

ICC Intercontinental Cup, 2011-2013
    First-class match
    Played at Gymkhana Club Ground, Nairobi
    28,29,30,31 July 2011 (4-day match)

I must admit, I was somewhat surprised to see that this is a first-class match.
    73 runs and four wickets in ...28!!!! overs??

Yawn...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree