Cricket etiquette

Cricket etiquette

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
09 Jul 08

Originally posted by invigorate
It is funny you say that Crowley - but actually 150 run chases seem to be much closer tense affairs. For some reason chasing batting teams seem to tense upchasing targets. This seems to be the case whatever the state of the pitch.
Sure, I don't disagree, but the 'consumer' these days are looking for big scores.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
10 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Crowley
I can help you understand cricket if you want.

Great!

So, if a cricketeer spills tea on his starched white blouse while curtseying to the Queen, is he sent off or merely given a yellow card?

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
10 Jul 08

Originally posted by Red Night
Great!

So, if a cricketeer spills tea on his starched white blouse while curtseying to the Queen, is he sent off or merely given a yellow card?
Sorry, but that's FUNNY! 😀

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
10 Jul 08

Great!

No problem, buddy!

I know American sports are kept very simple in order to keep the idiot fans happy between commercials, so I can empathize with your ignorance of superior sports...

I have no idea what a "cricketeer" is, so I don't know what they do with their white blouses.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
10 Jul 08

Originally posted by SmookieP
Sorry, but that's FUNNY! 😀
Thanks Smookie.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
10 Jul 08

Originally posted by Crowley
No problem, buddy!

I know American sports are kept very simple in order to keep the idiot fans happy between commercials, so I can empathize with your ignorance of superior sports...

I have no idea what a "cricketeer" is, so I don't know what they do with their white blouses.
Maybe you just need to eat ANOTHER cupcake.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
10 Jul 08

Maybe you just need to eat ANOTHER cupcake.
So you give up that easily? Really, it's not THAT complicated.
Ah well, maybe you should go watch some commercials with baseball in between.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
16 Jul 08

Originally posted by treetalk
Any comments on the decision by Collingwood to let the run out of Elliot stand in the England - New Zealand One Day game?

I'm in two minds about it - I can see the view that it's a competitive game and as long as it's within the rules ... I also think the 'gentlemen's game' part of cricket is a valued tradition ...

Naturally, comparisons with (NZ's) B ...[text shortened]... bout this but definitely didn't like the 'bowl slow' tactic used in the last ODI ...
I'm afraid I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. I'm vaguely familiar with cricket. Please, enlighten me.