College Football 2011

College Football 2011

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
01 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Now Urban Meyer is coaxed out of retirement....again....to run the inmates at OSU.

Everyone enjoys a challenge I suppose.
I tried to tell everyone a while back. I even went back to the thread in question about a few pages back, but the mods killed it. As always, you thought I had no idea what I was talking about and you said the idea was unlikely.

Personally, I think the whole thing was pretty obvious. In fact, part of me wonders if coach Tress was set up in a way.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Dec 11

Originally posted by whodey
I tried to tell everyone a while back. I even went back to the thread in question about a few pages back, but the mods killed it. As always, you thought I had no idea what I was talking about and you said the idea was unlikely.

Personally, I think the whole thing was pretty obvious. In fact, part of me wonders if coach Tress was set up in a way.
* conspiracy theory *

w

Moves
02 Dec 11

[b] * conspiracy theory * [/b]
If it's true, it still is better than the Pedo State scandel. 😀

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
02 Dec 11

Originally posted by whodey
If it's true, it still is better than the Pedo State scandel. 😀
Certainly more criminals involved at OSU.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by quackquack
As always, you misrepresent what I said. I do not think the top team in the SEC automatically play for a national championship. I think that based on the LSU - Oregon game on a neutral field, LSU's massacre at West Virginia, the Alabama victory at Penn State plus the fact that it the SEC is consistently the best conference makes it clear that we know w SEC, but there is simply no justification for anyone other than the two SEC top teams to play.
Alabama's out of conference schedule included mid-major creampuffs Kent State and North Texas and non-Division I Georgia Southern. Even counting the last, 'Bama only beat 4 teams with a better than .500 record.

If Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma, they'll have 7 wins against teams with a better than .500 record and a much better strength of schedule (which is why they'll be ahead in the computers). If you base it just on SOS and losses, the Cowboys deserve a shot rather than the Tide.

Of course all you keep saying is "SEC this, SEC that". Alabama's win against Penn State is a thin reed to base a claim to a right for a team that didn't even play in its league championship game to play for the National Championship; the Lions lost by 38 last week to Wisconsin.

Hopefully if OKST wins, the voters will do the right thing like they did when they refused to sanction a Ohio State-Michigan rematch.

EDIT: This column by Rick Reilly is both pretty funny and dead on: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7302138/rick-reilly-no-rematch-bcs-title-game

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
03 Dec 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
Alabama's out of conference schedule included mid-major creampuffs Kent State and North Texas and non-Division I Georgia Southern. Even counting the last, 'Bama only beat 4 teams with a better than .500 record.

If Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma, they'll have 7 wins against teams with a better than .500 record and a much better strength ...[text shortened]... ead on: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7302138/rick-reilly-no-rematch-bcs-title-game
LMAO....listen to you.

You extolled this very Alabama team as the"best team you had seen" and also
picked them to beat LSU. You said they were the best team in the country.
They had already played their full pre-season schedule, that you now chastise.

Oklahoma State was playing as well, and yet they were not even part of your equation.

Because Alabama can't hit their field goals, they lose, in overtime, to the best team
in the country, LSU.

NOW, you seem to say that Alabama played a soft schedule and are not as
deserving as Oklahoma State.

Please tell me this magnificent one, were you WRONG earlier in the year or now?

Just curious.

(The answer is now of course, but just wanted to hear your answer)

I also think it was a travesty that Oklahoma State fell fewer places in the polls after
suffering their embarrassing loss, than did Alabama who lost to the undefeated LSU team.
I attributed this to sympathy timing of their women's basketball coaches getting
killed in a plane crash a day earlier.

OF course, I know you took all of that into account. 😉😛

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Dec 11
1 edit

LMAO....listen to you.

You extolled this very Alabama team as the"best team you had seen" and also
picked them to beat LSU. You said they were the best team in the country.
They had already played their full pre-season schedule, that you now chastise.

Oklahoma State was playing as well, and yet they were not even part of your equation.

Becaus in a plane crash a day earlier.

OF course, I know you took all of that into account. 😉😛
Of course I was wrong when I picked them to beat LSU. That doesn't mean I think they should get a "do over" because they looked like the best team before that.

BTW, in case you forgot, you also picked Alabama to win that game.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Dec 11

For further grist to the mill, how do we KNOW that the SEC is better this year than the Big 12? The two leagues didn't play a single game against each other. The Big 12's out of conference record is 27-3 which is a slightly better winning percentage than the SEC's 42-6 though both obviously played a lot of easy opponents.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
03 Dec 11

Of course I was wrong when I picked them to beat LSU. That doesn't mean I think they should get a "do over" because they looked like the best team before that.

BTW, in case you forgot, you also picked Alabama to win that game.
Of course I remember I picked Alabama to win the game.

But I also remember I said those same two teams should play again in the NCG
because they are the two best teams.

I still stand behind what I said.

Still waiting on you to jump on the UH wagon (this season's Boise State flavor of the month).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Dec 11

Of course I remember I picked Alabama to win the game.

But I also remember I said those same two teams should play again in the NCG
because they are the [b]two best teams

I still stand behind what I said.

Still waiting on you to jump on the UH wagon (this season's Boise State flavor of the month).[/b]
Alabama had their shot and blew it. Let somebody else play; just because you beat Penn St and a few other good teams while largely bludgeoning lesser opposition doesn't make you one of the two best teams.

I'd be fine with a Houston-LSU championship game as I already stated, but realistically it's not going to happen. The Cowboys are the last hope to avoid the farce of a rematch.

BTW, were you one of those who supported the idea of a Ohio State-Michigan rematch in the BCS Championship Game a few years ago?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
03 Dec 11

Alabama had their shot and blew it. Let somebody else play; just because you beat Penn St and a few other good teams while largely bludgeoning lesser opposition doesn't make you one of the two best teams.

I'd be fine with a Houston-LSU championship game as I already stated, but realistically it's not going to happen. The Cowboys are the ...[text shortened]... orted the idea of a Ohio State-Michigan rematch in the BCS Championship Game a few years ago?
NO, I was not because I didn't believe they were the two best teams.

This year, I believe LSU and Alabama ARE the two best teams.

I do not have any problem whatsoever with repeat games, provided they are the two best teams.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Dec 11

NO, I was not because I didn't believe they were the two best teams.

This year, I believe LSU and Alabama ARE the two best teams.

I do not have any problem whatsoever with repeat games, provided they are the two best teams.
Of course, if they play each other we'll never know if they were the two best teams or not, will we? If Ohio State and Michigan had played each other, we would have never known that they would have been easily beaten by Florida and USC respectively.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
03 Dec 11

Of course, if they play each other we'll never know if they were the two best teams or not, will we? If Ohio State and Michigan had played each other, we would have never known that they would have been easily beaten by Florida and USC respectively.
Houston is spitting the bit badly. Guess they weren't as good as advertised, were they?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Dec 11
1 edit

Houston is spitting the bit badly. Guess they weren't as good as advertised, were they?
Probably not. You were the one touting Keenum for the Heisman if I remember correctly.

The good news is that this probably means Boise State will get a BCS bowl game.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
03 Dec 11

Probably not. You were the one touting Keenum for the Heisman if I remember correctly.
You DO NOT remember correctly.

I have stated all year it was Andrew Luck's to lose.
He won't lose it either.