College Basketball

College Basketball

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
16 Nov 11

Great game UF/Ohio State tonight. Anybody watch it? Gators have some work to do, Beal/Boynton tandem were quite rattled against heavy-D from guards of the Buckeyes...

Lots of great games last 24 hours... I know others share interest here 😉

Especially now that the NBA is defunctededed this season!

w

Moves
17 Nov 11

Originally posted by SmookieP
Great game UF/Ohio State tonight. Anybody watch it? Gators have some work to do, Beal/Boynton tandem were quite rattled against heavy-D from guards of the Buckeyes...

Lots of great games last 24 hours... I know others share interest here 😉

Especially now that the NBA is defunctededed this season!
I despise the NBA and only watch college ball when March madness rolls around. College basketball is not like college football. With college football every game is a playoff as where in basketball they are mere scrimmages.

Sure, both schools will be in March madness so what do these games really mean?

Wake me in March. 😴

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
17 Nov 11

Originally posted by whodey

Wake me in March. 😴
Better yet....don't!!!

Seattle

Moves
21 Nov 11

Love college basketball at all times because the kids go hard at all times. The top 25 teams are close in talent . . . even the top 40. Nothing like it.

M

Moves
21 Nov 11

Originally posted by mrd35
Love college basketball at all times because the kids go hard at all times. The top 25 teams are close in talent . . . even the top 40. Nothing like it.
This. Plus you don't get into March if you don't win in November. Unless you are fortunate enough to play in one of the High Major conferences.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
22 Nov 11

Originally posted by mrd35
I agree, these kids aren't sitting on the bench with million dollar contracts... they're usually from the area they play for, have little time there, and just the fighting spirit is so much more!

I live for the roar of the crowd when home teams score 😉

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
22 Nov 11

I agree, these kids aren't sitting on the bench with million dollar contracts... they're usually from the area they play for, have little time there, and just the fighting spirit is so much more!

I live for the roar of the crowd when home teams score 😉
Well, the "contracts" aren't for millions...true enough, but a 4 year college scholarship
is worth between $120 - 200K depending on the university (across 4 years). That isn't
chump change. However, not all players have scholarships on the teams...usually just
the ones that play.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
22 Nov 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Well, the "contracts" aren't for millions...true enough, but a 4 year college scholarship
is worth between $120 - 200K depending on the university (across 4 years). That isn't
chump change. However, not all players have scholarships on the teams...usually just
the ones that play.
Point taken.. but you do see the difference.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
22 Nov 11

Point taken.. but you do see the difference.
Of course.